Bored on the public holiday 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Bored on the public holiday
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:26 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL falcon - Skyline r33

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, was bored today and did some modds to my car , first i bought a k&n filter installed that, then i went to bunnings and bought cooling duct to see if i can get some more cool air into the airbox and also the engine bay.. the duct cost 30 bucks. like 4 inch 3 meters long. i got under the car and installed the enterance to the cooling ducts. the first one ran from under the car and into the airbox, and the second was on the opposite side and pointing up into the engine bay kinda near the manifold . i dident really know where i should aim the cool air at , so i left it faceing the manifold till i came here and ask around for some advice. ??

I noticed a small power increse but only very small, apart from my mods with the air ducts what other ways have people come up with to get cool air into the engine , apart from installing a new snorkle .

One more inportant thing, is there something i should becarful about when doing these kinda mods, in regaurds to pushing more cool air into the engine?

It's set up like a deck of cards, They're sending us to early graves. For all the diamonds, they'll use a pair of clubs to beat the spades.

RATM

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

you could always divert the air conditioning to the airbox :P

theres not alot of other cheap things you can do, sequential scoop is cool but wont be cheap, thats if you can get one!

other than that you can only improve flow with a mandrel bent system, but i think u had ure name down for one anyway.

how exactly did you fit an extra pipe into your airbox, did you cut throught the bottom of it?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:52 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL falcon - Skyline r33

NSW, Australia

Rapier wrote:
you could always divert the air conditioning to the airbox :P

theres not alot of other cheap things you can do, sequential scoop is cool but wont be cheap, thats if you can get one!

other than that you can only improve flow with a mandrel bent system, but i think u had ure name down for one anyway.

how exactly did you fit an extra pipe into your airbox, did you cut throught the bottom of it?

Well i did it two ways, i tryed it with the snorkle of and the snorkle on, but when i had the snorkle off i dont think it was getting enough air and it was cutting out when i went over 4500 rpm, so what i did was, connect the air duct over where the snorkle connects, then cut a hole thro the duct so the snorkle could also fit into the airbox , so basicly 2 source's of air into the airbox. then took it for a test drive and it hammerd.

It's set up like a deck of cards, They're sending us to early graves. For all the diamonds, they'll use a pair of clubs to beat the spades.

RATM

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]