Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

bowsaw wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
outlawxr6 wrote:
I have similar dramas with my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=windows&v=56">windows</a>, does anybody know how much new tracks are worth?

it's not the tracks that are the problem.
it's the glass tilting when you wind it up. my from ones used to do it. all you have to do is adjust the glass where it bolts to the reg and you can fix it.
Dead right, i lift my window forward as it comes up, fast glass, leave it, and it strains etc.

yeah this is what i thought i used silicone spray helpd a little but not totally the resriction seemed to be the glassrubbing up against the lip if the rail, i will look into adjusting it :)

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I just dont put the back drivers side down... it needs more than just lube :lol:

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:34 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: NA Series II Fairlane Sportsman

SA, Australia

Mine needs more than lube too, my drivers back window sounds like someone is pressing a screwdriver against the window very hard when I am winding it, and the passenger one makes a loud shuddering/ vibrating noise when I wind that one.

They work fast enough though. I am used to my old volvo's windows, where you had to rev the car above 2000rpm to get the windows to wind up, and if the motor was not running, you had no chance at all!

1990 NAII Fairlane Sportsman
194,000 kms
MP3, HID, LPG, and a few other 3 letter abbreviations too.

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sounds like the cable is getting shagged, one of mine did that. Whent to park it and wind up the window and it wouldnt move! We had to drive back home and swap cars!

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

ghiawar wrote:
I am used to my old volvo's windows, where you had to rev the car above 2000rpm to get the windows to wind up, and if the motor was not running, you had no chance at all!

Vacuum operated???

I know some older Audis and Mercs had Vacuum operated power Door Locks. And older Corvettes had Vacuum operated Pop up Headlights, and wiper doors. (If the vacuum pipes were leaky, the lights would either only pop up half way, sag, or one light would go up and the other one would stay locked down lol)

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:03 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Not vacuum operated, conventional electric motors. However, the average 1979 Volvo GLE had an unheard of amount of wiring for a car of its age, and things tended to go wrong.........often.

194,000 kms

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:50 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

ghiawar wrote:
Mine needs more than lube too, my drivers back window sounds like someone is pressing a screwdriver against the window very hard when I am winding it, and the passenger one makes a loud shuddering/ vibrating noise when I wind that one.

They work fast enough though. I am used to my old volvo's windows, where you had to rev the car above 2000rpm to get the windows to wind up, and if the motor was not running, you had no chance at all!

Yep your cable is getting snagged and most likely the plastic clip hasbroken, that guides the cable go to the modifications section and it tells you to cut up a washer and place that on the cable to stop it slipping.Also make sure that you check that the cable hasnt wound up wrong,ie is not crossing over as it is winding.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:35 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Too late, the motor pooped itself christmas eve. Wound down, never to go back up again.

The drivers one pooped itself 2 days ago, frayed cable, so am now in the market for 2 cheap power window motors.

Does anyone know if I can put the back motor on the front door in an NA? I would like the drivers one to work, not so fussed about the back ones until I can afford it.

194,000 kms

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2