EL 'mont odometer screen 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EL 'mont odometer screen
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

Yeh after a little help, the odometer screen in the EL mont dash doesnt illuminate most of the time

it is faint when the lights arent on, and when u turn the lights on at night, you cant read it at all. however occasionally the light does go on, liek today, was looking at diagnostics and the light was working, then it suddenly went dim to the point where u can bearly read it.

so does anyone know if this is just a lose wire? an easy fix? or is a new screen the only answer.

thanks

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:08 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

hmmm... odd that its coming on & off - usually it goes off & stays off! :P there is a bulb (or 2?) behind the screen which iluminates it - you have to take the dash surround off, to get to the cluster & remove it, in order to change the bulbs! :wink: check out the vehicle mods sections - there is a doco in there on changing over the clusters, which can tell you how to remove yours :wink:

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

yeh, i was thinking a bad wire maybe? would explain it going on and off, although, it spends 99% of its time off, we get kinda freaked out when it turns on :shock:

its dads car atm, but if he plans to sell it anytime soon, i will probably swap him and he can sell mine

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

mine did the same thing, went on and off for about 2 months (thought it was a bad wire) then it never came back on ... globe had blown and I guess everytime it came on the little element touch and made a circuit... i dunno, 50 cents and an hour later all fixed!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:01 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL falcon - Skyline r33

NSW, Australia

I made a thread about 2 days ago , i just took out my dash and dash cluster the other day to replace all the burnt out globes, takes 10 mins to do and the globes arnt that expensive.

Just replace the globes if that works then put it all back to gether, if it dont then come back here again.

Good luck.

It's set up like a deck of cards, They're sending us to early graves. For all the diamonds, they'll use a pair of clubs to beat the spades.

RATM

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]