Fordmods Logo

good Extractors 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

Lukieman - 2.5' seems to be regarded as the best.

Not lost any demerit points

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

FOXRACER wrote:
Mate i got PAcemakers with Walker Hi-Flow Cat and Lukey 2.5inch system all fitted for $780 at Carline in Perth. Sounds awesome and the pacemakers look good.

Which carline in perth mate? cause I just called the guys in osborne park and they said $830 for exhaust, pacies, aand cat mod fitted. I wanna know where you got that price for cause he said that there was no way he could do that for me. seeing a walker cat costs ~$350 on its own.

Keep me posted.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU1 XR6 VCT

VIC, Australia

Get anything but the JMM's, that way I know I'll beat you :P

If you want to get something that works, get the JMM race series. Simple as that.

Want proof, look at all the 14 second NA I6 cars, most will run JMM. Then look at all the known (and proven) 13 second NA I6 cars......... hang on, theres only 1........and it runs JMM Race headers. At 13.4 ET.....its a LONG way ahead.

AU XR6 VCT 14.57 @ 92.92mph.
Auto - NA - Unopened
Proudly tuned and prepared by G&D Performance Tuning - Get the Edge!

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU XR6

NSW, Australia

haha casper a XR6 series 1 manual with the similar mods shouldnt be too far off your pace or too far infront :P

I think im gonna end up going for a ser of JMM race series.. and a 2.5in lukey system.. its garenteed to work and i havent ever herd 1 bad thing about them.. just building up the bank first..

is it worth getting the hpc.. will it make MUCH difference? cause i think i'll just go the race series without..
i know you need a good exhaust system on the car.. but i cant justify spending near 900 bucks just for a set of exractors.. but i can on a full system.. unless the hpc will give me alot more gains then non..

I desperately want to be a road statistic

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

stiddy wrote:
haha casper a XR6 series 1 manual with the similar mods shouldnt be too far off your pace or too far infront :P

I think im gonna end up going for a ser of JMM race series.. and a 2.5in lukey system.. its garenteed to work and i havent ever herd 1 bad thing about them.. just building up the bank first..

is it worth getting the hpc.. will it make MUCH difference? cause i think i'll just go the race series without..
i know you need a good exhaust system on the car.. but i cant justify spending near 900 bucks just for a set of exractors.. but i can on a full system.. unless the hpc will give me alot more gains then non..

HPC wont make a huge difference, if your going al out and want them to look really nice in your engine bay get HPC coated.
Otherwise I can see it beigng cost effective; then again neither is the JMM compared to pacies for price, altho i believe JMMs are better, just $$$! :idea:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

i got pacemaker headers PH4499 and a full 2.5" redback exhaust (cat, muffler, pipes) fitted for $900 to my EF xr6.

definately feels like it has more poke.

$1400 is a joke for lower-end gear!

2003 BA XR6T 5spd Manual PHANTOM
Custom Leather, 20" Kaotiks, Lowered, Exhaust, DVD System, BOV
Plenty more to come!

Member: Team Can't Stop The Doof Doof

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:24 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

stiddy wrote:

I didnt bother with HPC. Looks good but performance is marginal if at all better.
The manual will give you a big advantage. Grab the JMM's, a chiptorque chip and the 2.5" exhaust and your in 14.7-14.8 territory. The manual makes that much difference.
Just be prepared to kill a clutch at the drags.

Auto - NA - Unopened

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

Casper, Do you think I'd be able to achieve those ET's with my car with a decent set of extractors? (specs in signature)

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:06 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

hornet wrote:
Casper, Do you think I'd be able to achieve those ET's with my car with a decent set of extractors? (specs in signature)

Simple answer, I dont know.
Looking at your 1/8th time your ET is very similar to mine (9.751) but your MPH is much slower (74.21mph) so you have not got the same momentum at that point. At a guess your running about a 15.7 or 15.8 now. Hard to tell. I do know that your stock header (if thats whats on there) would be killing your high revs so I would say putting on a decent set of headers that work with your engine would make a noticable improvement.
I would guess that you would get similar times certainly, but I wont guess what. Anywhere from 15.2 to 14.8 would be feasable, I kust dont know.

Auto - NA - Unopened

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

I'm not too sure that mph is correct, I have run 10.2 @70mph before. And in most of my eliminations of was on the anchors across the line so I didn't break out.. not good for acurate mph's :(

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2