Revving problems still haha 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Revving problems still haha
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

I was racing at the Motorplex on wed night.
1st gear is fine to 5500rpm
2nd gear stops revving out at 4900 rpm
and when i changed into 3rd the car felt like it had a flat spot and struggled for a 1000rpm then it was fine up to 4700 when i had to change into 4th(beacsue it wont rev any higher). What could have caused this flat spot? It was s**t because that was the point where the vl turbo got passed me, but once i was over the 'flat spot' i started catching him again but it was to late! :twisted:

Few people have suggested its an ignition problem?? Not enough spark or something?
But funny that,
My smartlock system is being a pain in the a**. When you try to start the car the thing wont even turn over.. So push the handbrake in and realase it the car will start..... Sometimes after a big rev the engine just turns off.. I try to start it again and it will turn over but not fire... So im guessing a spark problem. ( had to push it off the start line at the plex... not cool :P lol)
If i let the car rest for a 30 mins or so it will start up fine.

Could all these problems be caused by an Ignition related problem? Ie. coil or dizzy rotor or something? I would just love to get a few more opinions before i start taking s**t out and replacing it...

Thanks!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]