How different are they 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: How different are they
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:46 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU

QLD, Australia

Greetings all

So just how much better does everyone think the AU series II and III are compared to the series I. Mostly for everyday driving and giving it a bit of a squirt around the corners and from the lights once in a while.

Just wondering if its worth upgrading to a later series III before I start spending money on my current AU (AU forte, I6 auto, police/taxi pack, sports susp.).

Though I won't be spending much and if I were to upgrade I would stick with the standard car for a while as it would wipe out my upgrade budget.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Or of course any msgs telling me " YOUR BLIND. LOOK HERE :x "

thanks

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:19 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

basically the au2 or 3 has the twin pot brakes the au 1 missed out on :(:(
really depends on a personal choice they are botth good cars nad can be had cheaply

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:21 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: GT MKII

QLD, Australia

Test Drive a few. The later series simply steer well, handle nicely, and have had all the bugs fixed. Lots of mods up to the ser2, less to ser3. I chose a 6 series 3 over an 8 series 1, just because of the drive. It hasn't got the balls, but it sits on the road much better. The series 3 were very refined, quiet, but you'll pay a little more. The brakes are the big difference, I'd suggest at least getting a ser2.

If you look into it, the suspension settings are different, not sure if a ser 1 can be adjusted the same. There are a few obvious cosmetic differences, like the clear fairmont tallights etc etc. All comes down to neds and budget. Personally I can easily get more power out of a motor, but make a poor car steer well.......hmmmm.

I grew up with a 70's Mazda, so I have a problem with steering, and anything with rotors!

The older I get the better I was.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:25 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

the au2 came with the dual layer firewall thing which really made the car much more quiet. also different engine mounts i think. the rear bumper was lowered and squared off a bit and of course the front grilles were changed. aswell as an increase in size from 15"s to 16"s. inside was touched up a bit with different colours and the dash was madea bit more square. the oval pod thing on the dash didnt stick out as much.

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

As the others said, the difference from Series 1 to Series 2 is the brakes. Series II got twin pot brakes, with ABS. Also the interior was completely different. Series 2, got CD player standard, also a high-series bonnet, grill & 16 wheels. Series 2, got a different suspension setup, different sway bar and had a lower ride-height than series 1.

Then the difference to Series 3 from Series 2, was mostly looks. Series 3 got clear side indicators, side skirts etc etc.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]