Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Ideal Cam for an EL GLi
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

greetings,

my car is a 1997 EL GLi which already has the exhaust dun, pacemakers and a K+N panel filter thrown in. now i wos wonderin wot type of cam i should get for my baby.

ive been told that u can sumtimes hav problems when puttin these things in and that i might need a new computer.

do i need a new comp?

cheers 4 ur help

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

have a look at the wadecams thread. id reccomend the 1004 profile, or the new one 1004-14 i think? and no u wont need a new comp wif this cam.

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:37 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi There,
I have spoken to many Mechanix about doint the same thing to my EL Futura, the largest possible cam you could get is a Crow cam it costs $640. this is the largest you could possibly go without modifying your ECU. It is the next size up from the EL XR6. with a new cam i would recommed new springs. I am doing exactly this to mine but be aware it will make thw fukker idle rough and it will give you another 1000 revs. in conjunction with this mod i would also recommend gettin the head shaved about 20-25 thousands of an inch and valves enlarged. I am also chacsing an EL XR6 computer and injectors which will help to stop the rough idling. all of that will cost u approx 2k pretty cheap for a 40kw gain

It beats Holdens
Regards,
Scott

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

Fal-coon wrote:
Hi There,
I have spoken to many Mechanix about doint the same thing to my EL Futura, the largest possible cam you could get is a Crow cam it costs $640. this is the largest you could possibly go without modifying your ECU. It is the next size up from the EL XR6. with a new cam i would recommed new springs. I am doing exactly this to mine but be aware it will make thw fukker idle rough and it will give you another 1000 revs. in conjunction with this mod i would also recommend gettin the head shaved about 20-25 thousands of an inch and valves enlarged. I am also chacsing an EL XR6 computer and injectors which will help to stop the rough idling. all of that will cost u approx 2k pretty cheap for a 40kw gain

or you could go a wade, which can do fairly large cams, and get the same kw figure? :p Hope your not putting this cam in your car if you a boosting it? :p

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]