Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: IRWIN INDUSTRIAL TOOLS TO ENTER V8 SUPERCAR RACING
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Irwin Industrial Tools will be the naming rights sponsor of the #26 Britek Motorsport Ford Falcon, driven by new signing Alan Gurr in 2007.

The sponsorship is yet another big name company brought into the sport by Stuart DeDear and the Senacon Group.

Part of the Newell Rubbermaid Group, IRWIN is a manufacturer and supplier of tools and equipment for professional tradesman through to the handyman and is a naming rights sponsor of Roush Racing in the US NASCAR racing series.

"The success for the IRWIN brand through NASCAR racing made us have a close look at the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series," said Nick Pritchard of IRWIN.

"In terms of the market we play in, V8 Supercars fit nicely. The popularity of V8 Supercars amongst professional tradesmen and handymen is unmatched.

"The opportunity to partner with a strong Ford outfit in Britek Motorsport is an opportunity we believe will be outstanding for the growth of the IRWIN brand in Australia.

Britek Motorsport Managing Director, and driver of the #25 Fujitsu Racing Falcon, Jason Bright is delighted with the IRWIN partnership and the addition of Alan Gurr to the team.

"This announcement ticks all the boxes for Britek Motorsport," said Bright.

"IRWIN is a totally new name to V8 Supercars and an enthusiastic partner that wants success on and off the track.

"It shows that non-traditional motor sports sponsors are looking at V8 Supercars and importantly Britek Motorsport as an ideal way to build their brand.

"In terms of the actual racing line-up, we have the right mix of experience and youth.

"It's been a busy time since I joined the team as a driver in December, but now with this announcement out of the way we can concentrate on the job of preparing for the opening race in Adelaide in just over a month's time."

24-year-old Gurr comes onboard the IRWIN Falcon after a year of sharing the ride of the #39 Commodore prepared by Paul Morris Motorsport on the Gold Coast. Gurr has also competed in the Carrera Cup and the V8 Development Series.

"This is a great opportunity to join a very professional team in the V8 Supercar Championship Series," said Gurr.

"I'm looking forward to building the relationship with IRWIN and making sure that they are represented well on and off the track."

"Joining forces not only with Britek, but also IRWIN and driving a Ford for the first time, have me counting down the days until the first race in Adelaide.

"Having a team owner and teammate like Jason Bright is going to be a major bonus for me on the track. He's scored race wins and pole positions in the biggest races; I'll take in all that experience to improve my own performance.

Britek Motorsport plan to unveil the #26 IRWIN Falcon and their new associated sponsors in early February.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Great news! The sponsor ship money will be very welcome as will the enhanced knowledge of the "Irwin" brand in australia.. oh and good on GURR for seeing "The light".. :wink: :lol:

Heres hoping for early success for the "Britek" team.. :wink: :)

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

Caterpillar just announced they will be sponsoring Jason Brights Falc this year.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]