Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BRIGHT AND GURR PREPARE FOR 07 V8 SEASON
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Fujitsu Racing's Jason Bright and IRWIN Racing's Alan Gurr have completed their first test session of the 2007 V8 Supercar Championship Series.

The test at Winton Motor Raceway in Victoria yesterday proved a valuable session as both drivers dialled themselves into their Ford Falcon BF MkII race cars.

The day included evaluation of updates and new ideas to the cars as well as shaking down the drivers themselves. Overall the team completed a combined total of 150 laps.

Endurance drivers Warren Luff and Adam Macrow also spent time behind the wheel of both Falcons.

This morning Bright and Gurr along with the team returned to their base at Dandenong South to carry out a debrief of the test.

"Overall I was pleased from a team point of view after a busy off-season re-building the two cars," said Jason Bright.

"There was plenty of fine tuning required to get the car up to speed, but once that was achieved we got on with the task at hand.

"We had a detailed plan to follow and from an operational point we got everything completed on the list.

"For myself I made some changes to the car and got more comfortable with it in the afternoon.

"As a driver I would like more time in the car before the first round in Adelaide next week, but I know that the Fujitsu Racing team is well prepared and that's the important thing."

For Alan Gurr the day marked his first appearance with the team as well as his first drive of a racing Falcon.

"It was a big day for me as everything was all pretty much new," said Gurr.

"It had been a while since I ran at Winton as last year my test track was in Queensland. The last actual race I did at the circuit was back in 2001.

"Add in the fact that it was a new team and first time in a Falcon, all made for a lot to learn.

"Overall the times weren't as important as getting comfortable in the car. Running against other competitors in the championship was important, as well as working with Jason as well as Adam and Warren.

"It's hard to believe that we are just a week away from the opening round. It's also probably the toughest race of the year with 500 kilometres of racing in what is expected to be hot conditions. I'm well prepared for the task ahead and following the test I know that everyone on the IRWIN Racing Falcon is looking forward to it."

Both the Fujitsu Racing Falcon and the IRWIN Racing Ford are now going through final preparations ahead of next week's Clipsal 500 on the streets of Adelaide.

One of the showpiece events in Australian sport, the Clipsal 500 features twin 250-kilometre races - one of Saturday and the other on Sunday. Each race will feature a pit stop for fuel as well as a separate compulsory pit stop for tyres.

The Seven Network and V8 Supercars Australia have announced the free-to-air broadcast details for 2007.

In his role as team owner Jason Bright was delighted with the broadcast announcement.

"There's has been plenty of anticipation in regards to the TV schedule and I must say I couldn't be happier for our partners and supporters," said Bright.

"157.5 hours of V8 Racing - that's amazing exposure. There are also other new motor sports programs and a commitment with news and shows such as Sunrise.

"This will certainly draw plenty of attention and further encourage print, radio and internet coverage."

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

it will be interesting to see where bright can drag his team to in the first season. there is no doubting his talent and i would guarantee he will be further up the grid than they were last year.

good to see fpr have topped the time sheets. be good to see them competitive for a whole season. potentially there is a lot of fast fords out there - fpr, 888, sbr, djr, wps. should be a good season. can't wait.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]