Holden licences safe after probe 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

Walker wrote:
I'm also wondering what's going on, the report on the 20th cleared them both, but the 22nd it says Toll have been cleared but HRT haven't.

If this is the case, HRT has broken the rules since Skaife supposedly bought the team, if they can't produce the paper work then they have something to hide.

This is a story from fox sport news on the 23rd:

D-Day for Holden teams
By Ray Kershler
February 23, 2007 V8 authorities will determine today if HRT - and drivers Mark Skaife and Todd Kelly - can take part in next week's opening round of the championship.

Holden is in an ownership dispute with TEGA, the body which controls the V8 teams, and a deadline to supply the necessary paperwork passed yesterday without resolution.

The Toll HSV Dealer team has been cleared to race but members of the TEGA inquiry are believed to be pressing for HRT's expulsion from the championship.

It's not looking good for HRT, but as usual they'll pull some dodgy paper work out of their a*** and cover themselves LOL.

i was hopeing you were gona say they got the a***. might have to wait for clipsal to start to find out whats going on. there should be penaltys for not producing relevent papers on time not once but twice now.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/lates ... d=32508316

finally some news and i guess it was to be expected that tega would not follow through with the threats. hrt have been given another 14 days to come up with what they need.

if they still fail will they strip any points gained at the clipsal? i doubt it.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

i cant believe they are gona start at clipsal without resolving this first. bout time we gave up the hope that anything might happen to hrt cos the people that run this sport are to gutless to enforce there own rules.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

i guess if look at the big picture it's not really a rule breach that will benefit them on the track with extra performance. its just one of those red tape sort of things regarding who actually owns the team. i don't really think it warrants a ban, although rules are rules and they have been given plenty of time. hsvdt managed to disclose what they had to straight up.

the longer it goes on the more you get the feeling they have something to hide but you know that in the end they will worm their way out of it. tom walkinshaw has been clouded with controversy for years.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

i know there might not be a on track advantage but rules have been broken, well they cant prove they are playing by the rules anyway so they should not start at clipsal untill its all sorted out and as for taking there points away if they dont cough up the goods, well we have all seen what hapens if they dont make the deadline, they just get more and more and more time for skaife to realy buy the team out. i said this ages ago things in this sport will not change untill the wankers running the show grow some balls or move on.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

They will worm their way out of it, no doubt about it.
If they had the papers they would have produced them, pretty obvious they have something to hide!
If this was a Ford team you can guarantee they'd be shut down... This makes me f**k sick that they can get away with breaking rules.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Walker wrote:
If they had the papers they would have produced them, pretty obvious they have something to hide!
If this was a Ford team you can guarantee they'd be shut down... This makes me f**k sick that they can get away with breaking rules.

one would think that TEGA would think the same way about not meeting the deadlines. ive almost lost all faith in the only sport i love.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

millard455 wrote:
Walker wrote:

one would think that TEGA would think the same way about not meeting the deadlines. ive almost lost all faith in the only sport i love.

I hear ya, i don't follow footy or cricket (Did when i was young).
I still remember as a kid watching the 2 XC's crossing the line to win Bathurst (xcabbi seen this even though he wasn't born), i seen the rock incident with d**k Johnson then seen him come back to win it the next year.
When the V8 Falcon dropped out then i lost interest, when it came back in 93 i got the bug and i've been a big fan ever since.
Through the 90's it was an awesome sport, but much like AFL it has become a business and not a sport... But that's what happens when something becomes big, you can't have one without the other.
As much as i'm hanging out for next weekend, i'm tired of the s**t that goes with it!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2