Fordmods Logo

Gas good or Bad? EL Futura 96 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Gas good or Bad? EL Futura 96
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Futura

VIC, Australia

Hey i am new to all of this but i was thinking about getting my car put on gas because i use so much petrol for work each week. I have been told that gas is s**t and screws your car but other people have said its good.

Can i just get some of your thoughts about if i should and what type of conversion i should get.

Thx Robb

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: '97 Falcon Futura Wagon

VIC, Australia

Well, in terms of which conversion to get, it's worth getting injected gas these days, as you won't notice the difference in power between petrol and gas, but it is more expensive.
The government grants $2000 for conversions, mine came within 2 weeks of application.

In terms of screwing the engine, it won't do anything to the engine unless you don't run it on petrol for at least 50kms per every 500kms of gas. Not doing this will cause the valve seats to dry out and burn, which will cause much grief and expense. This is of course if you have standard valves & seats, if they're hardened, it'll take alot longer for any damage to occur.

Is the noise in my head bothering you? Because the noise in yours is annoying the s**t out of me.
El Futura Wagon - LPG, Wade 1636, Pacy 4499s, hi-flow cat, 2.5" Redback catback, mild shift kit, Sony HU, VDO 100WRMS Splits, Pioneer 30WRMS Coaxs, Pioneer 12" sub, Audioline 300WPMPO amp.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Futura

VIC, Australia

ok cool thanks for your help mate

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef 5 speed

VIC, Australia

make sure you get an impco system they are one of the best you can get

i am in need of a new front bar or good condation secondhand for a 95 ef futra,
lsd for a for ef ,modifed au sump to go in and ef , working air con compressor

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

If you want to know more about the gas setups and options available try talking to ELV8.

bbot the injection system normally starts around the $4k mark, the 15% powerloss setups starts around $2k.

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

poita wrote:
In terms of screwing the engine, it won't do anything to the engine unless you don't run it on petrol for at least 50kms per every 500kms of gas. Not doing this will cause the valve seats to dry out and burn, which will cause much grief and expense. This is of course if you have standard valves & seats, if they're hardened, it'll take alot longer for any damage to occur.

umm tell me if I'm wrong but how many taxi drivers regularly switch over to petrol??? like hardly ever..

I have had LPG cars for about 10 years and I only really use petrol to check out its all working ok once a month and only run for like 5 mins or so. every 3 months I use the 1/4 tank of petrol I keep in reserve and refil with fresh petrol.

My current car is an X-cab AU and still thriving on its original engine thats run LPG all its life. 809,000 kays... so is it bad for an engine.... Nope.

Only thing petrol is good for is when you run out of LPG, thats why I call it my reserve tank LOL.

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]