Fordmods Logo

EXPERIENCES WITH PRINS VSI LPG INJECTION 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: EXPERIENCES WITH PRINS VSI LPG INJECTION
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Wagon

ACT, Australia

Has anyone had any experience with the Prins VSI LPG injection?

I'd like to hear your experiences with it - economy, power, reliability.

I'm considering getting it on my EF Wagon.

I'm also a little concerned that they install a bank of gas injectors on the side of the engine bay and then have some tubes running to the intake manifold where the gas goes in.

96 EF Wagon, PRINS VSI LPG, Wade 1636, 4480's, Redback zorst, Metalcat, 3 angle valve job, .5mm overbore, hypertec pistons, shaved head (because the head was banana shaped when I brought it), Tickford 16" alloys, KYB shocks, 30mm sway bar, 1 1/2 degrees negative camber, tow bar, roof racks.

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

What is your concern exactly with the tubes running into the intake manifold? I cannot speak for the Prins VSI system but the bank of injectors system is quite powerful. The gas is forced down the tubes by little plungers in the injectors, unlike the old pressure fed system.

I have a Dream OMVL system in my EF and one problem I had was my dipstick sits right where the injectors are. The installers bent it and the only way to get it back in was to grind its width down. For the time my system worked correctly (its f**k at the moment for other reasons) It was as powerful as petrol.

EL XR6 5spd

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:31 am 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Thanks Bug,

It's encouraging to hear that you had the same power as petrol, that's one of my reasons for choosing injection.

I was concerned about the length of the tubes going from the injectors to the intake manifold because I thought it might affect performance and economy if they were too long - I expect they'd have to be around 20cm each or longer. The Prins systems uses 2 banks of 3 injectors mounted inside the guard with individual tubes running to the intake manifold. It sounds like you haven't had any problems with this though.

The installer has ordered a Prins VSI system for me, should arrive in a few weeks. He said there would be a delay in getting a 'manifold' tank for the wagon though.

96 EF Wagon, PRINS VSI LPG, Wade 1636, 4480's, Redback zorst, Metalcat, 3 angle valve job, .5mm overbore, hypertec pistons, shaved head (because the head was banana shaped when I brought it), Tickford 16" alloys, KYB shocks, 30mm sway bar, 1 1/2 degrees negative camber, tow bar, roof racks.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I have seen some installations of this style of system where the injector to manifold tubes are much longer than the Falcon set up and while I cant comment on their performance, I dont think its a major factor. Not compared to the other benefits over traditional caburated methods.

There are more directly injected systems out there but theyre (more)expensive and may not be as practical.

EL XR6 5spd

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:27 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

i instal prins stuff and it goes great and works well if installed and tuned properly

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Thanks harddriver.

It sounds like having a good installer is 90% of the battle with these systems.

Can't wait to get it installed and try it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

EF Wagon wrote:
Thanks harddriver.

Having a good installer is a big battle. Also, i would be wanting to keep the hoses from the injectors to the actual bungs in the manifold as short as possible for better throttle response. There is no reason on the falcon to mount them all the way over on the strut tower, there is room on the BBM manifold. The injectors are not that big.

I've got an old Parnell installed PoliAuto ( autogas itialia easyjet rebadged ) injection system. Not a bad system, but the installers could have done a better job, making the system run better! It's still miles ahead of the old tech gear for an EB.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EF Wagon wrote:
Thanks harddriver.

Couldnt be more true.. My install was a reasonable job although not perfect, but when it came to tuning the system they really fell down.

EL XR6 5spd

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]