Fordmods Logo

wrong but right LPG 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: wrong but right LPG
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

My LPG system on my dual-fuel EBII got tuned the otherday as it had somehow gotten rough.

The first thing the guy said was that I have the wrong system on the car. A small system that is not right for a 4.0L. He went on to say that it would never run very well and tried to upsale me. It took some convincing that is had been running fine for the last year or so with no problems. Eventually after the tune he agreed that it isn't too bad.. but he still said it was too small and will be stuggling if I put my foot up it. The upside being that it will produce good economy. He couldn't tell me a decent replacement that wouldn't cost me about a grand.

I also learn't that my system doesn't have a balance valve which is why I have experienced problems in the past when running a snorkle.

which brings me to the snorkle. When I first experienced problems with it stalling I took it in for an assessment and they said the factory EB snorkle was restricting it too much and they removed it. Recently I bought an XH snorkle and fitted that but the stalling problem returned. The second LPG place has now said that the bonnet is restricting the snorkle and removed it again.

basically is there no way of running a snorkle with LPG when one has no balance line?

dunno what to do??! :(

http://www.retrotech.co.nz

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Get another opinion from another lpg/dyno mob. By the sound of the other thread, this guy hasnt a clue. Sorry i couldnt help.....

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

ha ha was yes it was some mixed opinions. The place is supposed to be the top LPG place in my city and to be fair they did manage to tune it up quite nice when it was impossibly boggy when I took it in.

(even if they did replace all the plugs and the airfilter which wasn't required :roll: )

http://www.retrotech.co.nz

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

lol, you sure he didnt have the front wheels on the dyno by mistake? :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]