Fordmods Logo

Help Needed on SUNDAY TV Show 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Help Needed on SUNDAY TV Show
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hey All,

Need some help on a story I'm putting together for the SUNDAY Show on Channel Nine.

It's a story on the car scene in Sydney which looks at the culture of car enthusiast.

All the story's on the car scene have been pretty one sided and sensationalist and Im looking at doing something more in-depth.

Would really like some help and input in putting a story like this together.

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

PM me or email me on jisaac@nine.com.au

Cheers,

Jerome

PS This is a chance to get your views heard.

Post subject: nine story
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: xh

QLD, Australia

i am not from Sydney but i would like to think that there is a difference from car enthusiast (ie a person who looks after their car and treats it like a part of the family) and a common street hoon. like anywhere there will always be hoons and it reflects badly on us as modifiers so you have to ask yourself do you want to do a story on car enthusiast or hoons the two are not always the same. if you want to do a story on enthusiast go to a car show and ask about someones car and the culture there.

regards

benscott1979@bigpond.com

utes are for circles

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Where do I start? Well this would normally be a very long winded post from me but I have to get to work soon. But for now I will say this. Try and score a look in a few police impound yards and think about what you see. Try and work out the ammount of cars in there according to their modifications. You shouldn't be surprised to see that stock or near stock cars make up the majority with extrememly modified examples being rairer than hens teeth.

In short, on average its the guys who can't afford to go "full house" that feel the need to show off in public to make up for their lack of finances but the guys that have the insanely powerful cars realise what's at stake and drive their vehicles accordingly.

I'll write you up a long winded reply sometime over the weekend.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:52 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Come along to the upcoming Bathurst cruise, that will give you some good footage and also an insite into what the modification scene is about, the love and respect people have for thier vehicles and an honest look at your average working class individual who modifies their car as much for the enjoyment of doing so and also to enjoy their personalised vehicle.

Here you will see the real enthusiest not the back street drag racer. to go out on the weekend for the sake of "the drive" and not just going from A-B.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I have to agree with dc_todd. Come along to the bathurst cruise join in the BBQ have a yarn with regular people who enjoy a social get to gether and a bit of a leisurly drive it's a good day out, and legal too.

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]