Fordmods Logo

feedback o_O 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: feedback o_O
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Telstar TX5

VIC, Australia

i've got a 15" phoenix gold sub running off a Boss Audio BA5000 5chan 1200 watt amp (boss = s**t, i know) in my 88 TX5. i'm trying to run the sub off the 5th channel (thats what its designed for) but when it's plugged in i get this constant 'doof doof doof doof' coming out my sub, and my kenwood 3-way's, and my clarion 6x9's. it's at a constant, fast speed., and it's independent to the music cos changing the volume on the head deck doesnt change the volume of the bass... can anyone tell me what the problem is and how it can be fixed if possible? thanks. cos i've had 2 unplug my 6x9's and run the sub off channel 4, but now it's not acting like a sub, it's got music coming out of it and its acting like a big bassy speaker :S (turned the HPF on but that doesnt stop it, neither does adjusting the controls on the amp...

1988 AT2 Telstar TX5 Ghia - Lowered, 15" Tires, Shaved Ported & Polished Head, 2.5" Exhaust w/ 3" Chrome Dump Tip, K'n'N Pod Filter, HKS Super Fire Spark Plugs, Kenwood head deck, kenwood 4" 3-way's, clarion 6x9" 3-way's, 1200watt 5chan Boss Audio BA5000 amp, 15" Phoenix Gold Sub

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

Does it change frequency depending on engine RPM ??? Sounds like ignition system interference to me.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Post subject: Re: feedback o_O
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

txstyl wrote:
Boss Audio BA5000 5chan 1200 watt amp

Are you sure its a boss amp, cause i emailed boss a few day ago...and there are some fakes traveling around...like the one for sale at brisbane car sound :P

Post subject: Re: feedback o_O
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

mitch_anderson wrote:
txstyl wrote:
Boss Audio BA5000 5chan 1200 watt amp

Are you sure its a boss amp, cause i emailed boss a few day ago...and there are some fakes traveling around...like the one for sale at brisbane car sound :P

there's 2 different companies using the boss audio name, one is supposedly half decent, the other is s**t, just 2nd rate s**t, doesnt even rate well enough to be classed as pure s**t

as for the problem..... what power supply do you have for the amp?

Banned

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

as raiki said it sounds like ignition interference, try running it with the engine off, see if you still get the noise,, if it goes a way then its probable distributor noise related, and you can buy a surpressor... i used to have this problem in my car, i have a new amp now and it has stopped.. owell.. goodluck i know how annoying it is..

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

mitchg911 wrote:
as raiki said it sounds like ignition interference, try running it with the engine off, see if you still get the noise,, if it goes a way then its probable distributor noise related, and you can buy a surpressor... i used to have this problem in my car, i have a new amp now and it has stopped.. owell.. goodluck i know how annoying it is..

-mitch

it doesnt stop when i turn the ignition to accessories. it happens no matter what. i'm not hearing the buzzing of my engine in my speakers, it's not engine noise that changes depending on the rpm. i already had that problem and fixed it by running my rca wires down the opposite side of the car to power wire. it's all my speakers and my sub constantly thumping at full bass, independently to the music. it happens as soon as i connect the rca wire to the rca spot for the 5th channel. Thought it might have been the amp but got it replaced and it didnt fix it

1988 AT2 Telstar TX5 Ghia - Lowered, 15" Tires, Shaved Ported & Polished Head, 2.5" Exhaust w/ 3" Chrome Dump Tip, K'n'N Pod Filter, HKS Super Fire Spark Plugs, Kenwood head deck, kenwood 4" 3-way's, clarion 6x9" 3-way's, 1200watt 5chan Boss Audio BA5000 amp, 15" Phoenix Gold Sub

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

This is a wierd one.. the doof doof doof constant unchanging sound would obviously be caused by the amp... I would get a voltmeter and check where it jumps to say 5 volts or whatever... and then measure the other side, (the input for the sub) and see if that bounces around aswell... if it does - headunit problem, if its only the output.. well thats a whole other discussion (including glaming your amp lol).

Good luck

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

i had a boss 4 chan 1000 watt and i had the sub runnin off the same chanel as one of the sets of speakers, and it worked fine, so it cant be the headunit. maybe i should just get rid of the amp and get a decent one

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF Ute

VIC, Australia

sorre to go off topic but who the hell makes knock off boss amps? what for?

Explorers gone, bring on the ute.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

what happens if you hook up the sub to say the rear speaker output on the amp.. bass filter on etc, bridged.. same effect??

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

if i do that the sub acts like a huge bassy speaker. even with the HPF (high pass filter i think) on it still lets through heaps of mid range sound. that's how i have it running at the moment as it's better than no bass whatsoever

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]