Fordmods Logo

Clevo Heads, What Cam Do they Prefer 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Clevo Heads, What Cam Do they Prefer
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:06 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 410 Cube FE LTD

ACT, Australia

I am putting closed chambers on the 400, and im wondering what cam do clevo heads prefer, Crow reccomend a cam with a 5 degree bigger exhaust, over cams with bigger splits. im after something with a noticeable idle difference, and something that will kick in around 2200 to 5500 or so. i have been reccomended the crow cam 211550 which has the bigger exhaust, or the compcams 275deh, which has bigger splits. i will go with one of these cams but im confused now as to which would be more beneficial. also does anyone know where i can get the cam specs on the above crow cam (as its not on their site)
cheers John

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef Fairmont

QLD, Australia

A good cam for std rockers with good valve springs is the crow 21665
30/70 -280/290 duration lift 507 in 536ex you can't go much bigger the rockers won't handle the lift have used this in both 302 351 combo's with good results. Have used this cam in a 351 with closed chamber heads it is in the SVO cataloge I believe. Has a good lump at idle but not to bad for auto. For a more serious cam for well prepped heads and roller rockers use a 21806 solid or the equivalant in a hydraulic they make good power and very responsive with the right combo of intake and exhaust. Listen to the experts they know there stuff.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]