Sun is setting on Falcon and Territory 

Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Ford
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Can defianatly see the similarities between the Holden & Ford. They always seem to copy something either way. I suppose its not that surprising considering both manufacturers use each others car as a benchmark.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Keep the 500 motor and three speed in cold storage someplace nice and put a 4 litre injected in for a while. Damn good idea that.

I am just glad that not everyone seems to realise what is going to happen yet as parts and cars are getter cheaper and cheaper. Awesome.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

However similar, I think that new "Territory" kills the Captiva in the looks department. If they made it rugged enough to go more off-road, with seriously improved fuel economy, it would be a screamer and fly out the doors.
People want a Toorak tractor that CAN, go off-road if they so desire. And still looks like that new Territory does when they hose it off when they get home.
It's getting embarassing now, how soft the Ford Territory actually is compared to rivals. It needs to be able to cope with harsher environs to succeed.
Thats my rant.

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:45 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

Quote:
However similar, I think that new "Territory" kills the Captiva in the looks department.

I stumped how a Captiva and a Territory can be compared. They have one thing in common and that is that they are both SUVs. The Territory is an Australian designed, developed and manufactured vehicle while the Captiva is a cheap and nasty Daewoo. Remember them- the ones on the bottom of the Korean car ladder. Well maybe not the bottom if you consider Kia. I can't say it enough Daewoo, Daewoo, Daewoo, Daewoo. Most people used to laugh at the bloody things and only those who didn't give a toss about what they were driving, except that it started in the morning, had one. They didn't care about the lack of build quality and crash safety etc as they wanted the cheapest (remember you get what you pay for) thing they could get. Put Holden badges on them and behold, they are considered real cars. Holden must be making one hell of a profit because coming from Korea they should be at least one third cheaper than the Territory but they are not.

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Toyota RAV 4 ?????

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:13 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

Quote:
Toyota RAV 4 ?????

RAV4 yes, and its one ugly little car but when it costs nothing (I inherited it from my father-in-law) you can't complain. He didn't buy exciting cars but he did enough research to know that you don't buy from mainland Asia.

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5