Fordmods Logo

Ba Upgrades 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Ba Upgrades
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

I have a XT BA falcon wagon and want to put power windows in the back
I can get the parts to fit in but are the windows(Glass) the same in manual and power windows?
Do I have to install the switches in the back or can I just use the Four on the drivers side to operate the rear windows?

Is there any other Mods that will just click in without any major work?

:D :(

Fordz Rule

Post subject: Re: Ba Upgrades
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

for the ba you can add the chrome stripes around the bumper, chrome mirror scalps, chrome grill, add a set of gauges on top of the icc. all easy to do and look good

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

hi mate just did power windows in the rear of my xt sedan. the glass is the same, just change the regulator. the power for the windows goes through the drivers switch, so if you dont have a four way one it wont work even on a single switch at the window. the power then goes to the appropriate window, and you need that window switch to complete the circuit, so you need to have both the four way switch and the single switch on the window your operating for it to work. the body loom in the xt doesnt have the wiring to support rear power windows, so i changed mine to fairmont looms. if your handy with running extra wires you can always beat it, but by the time you work out what wires are needed, running them, and getting it all hooked up its easier just to change body looms. you'll also need to change the rear door looms to function the regulators, and the drivers door has to be changed to one from a car with 4 way windows. youll also need different door trims to suit the rear power windows, and to install them (well in the case of my fairmont ghia trims anyway) youll need to grind/drill the rivets out and remove the two black brackets sticking out, and add 2 x screw lugs in the appropriate spots to each door. sounds quite daunting, but i learnt as i went and accomplished the lot in 3 days of work. if you need any parts relating to this i have a few extra's left over from a donor car, pm me if you require anything.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

id also reccomend getting an xr icc unit for blue backlighting, and getting an fpv or xr cluster for blue backlight as the green looks crap imo. i would also throw out the stock speakers and install something with a little grunt, and then look at getting a new head deck.

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford falcon ba mk2 sr

QLD, Australia

does any one know if i can put the purple xrcluster in my ba sr green cluster

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
hi mate just did power windows in the rear of my xt sedan. the glass is the same, just change the regulator. the power for the windows goes through the drivers switch, so if you dont have a four way one it wont work even on a single switch at the window. the power then goes to the appropriate window, and you need that window switch to complete the circuit, so you need to have both the four way switch and the single switch on the window your operating for it to work. the body loom in the xt doesnt have the wiring to support rear power windows, so i changed mine to fairmont looms. if your handy with running extra wires you can always beat it, but by the time you work out what wires are needed, running them, and getting it all hooked up its easier just to change body looms. you'll also need to change the rear door looms to function the regulators, and the drivers door has to be changed to one from a car with 4 way windows. youll also need different door trims to suit the rear power windows, and to install them (well in the case of my fairmont ghia trims anyway) youll need to grind/drill the rivets out and remove the two black brackets sticking out, and add 2 x screw lugs in the appropriate spots to each door. sounds quite daunting, but i learnt as i went and accomplished the lot in 3 days of work. if you need any parts relating to this i have a few extra's left over from a donor car, pm me if you require anything.

what do you still have left to require to complete this job i would love to do this to my car?

HOTKA'S XR
18 " King Wheels, Lowered King Springs,DBA Slotted Rotors, Grille, CIA
More to come....

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

PM SENT :|

HOTKA'S XR
18 " King Wheels, Lowered King Springs,DBA Slotted Rotors, Grille, CIA
More to come....

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

phatba wrote:

Hi
I have now stock piled all the parts I think
Got H(L&R) Floor loom
Drivers 4 switch (12 pin) and loom
2 rear switches and door trims Sedan and wagon the same
L&R rear window regutators and loom
so quick questions
Do I have to remove Dash and or part of roof lining for radio antena in wagon on left rear window

Thanks
Barnzey

Fordz Rule

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:58 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

WA, Australia

Quote:
Barnzey

Hi
I have now stock piled all the parts I think
Got H(L&R) Floor loom
Drivers 4 switch (12 pin) and loom
2 rear switches and door trims Sedan and wagon the same
L&R rear window regutators and loom
so quick questions
Do I have to remove Dash and or part of roof lining for radio antena in wagon on left rear window

Thanks
Barnzey

Hey mate, you should not need to remove the dash.. probably the side plastics that run next to the seat, upto the dash, beacsue one of the looms plugs in there.. but the dash should be able to stay.. UNLESS the BEM needs replacing.
The antenna is in the read windscreen on wagons too isn't it? do you have an antenna on the roof or bonnet?

If not, you need to find out where your antenna plugs in on your original loom, look at the plug on the sdan loom and check it is still 2pin/3/pin/4pin whatever (from memory it's 2 pin) if it's too far away form the sedan plug, you need to find a plug to adapt and extent the socket to it's new location.. sedan and wagon are bound to be different.

roof lining should be fine

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]