1992 Ford fairmont ghia 5L 

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: 1992 Ford fairmont ghia 5L
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1992 Ford fairmont Ghia 5L

New Zealand

Had this for few months now needs alot of tlc but love it to bits
Has a body kit and lowered, engine it standard apart from a msd tfi coil and 9mm leads i just put on.

One of the main things i want to do with it apart from a good panel/paint is put a manual box in.

Post subject: Re: 1992 Ford fairmont ghia 5L
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Looks good. I would highly recommend doing a manual conversion. Completely changes the feel and get up and go of the car.

What wheels are those on your car?

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

16" ROH mags hard to see in that photo with the sun glaring off them :lol:

I was the one that brought ur msd coil off trademe relized who u were when i was drooling over ur car and parts haha

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:08 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

u can see them better in this pic but couldnt give u the exact name for them apart from roh lol

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Stacov wrote:
16" ROH mags hard to see in that photo with the sun glaring off them :lol:

I was the one that brought ur msd coil off trademe relized who u were when i was drooling over ur car and parts haha

Well bugger me. Welcome to Fordmods! How did you stumble on this place? I used to have it linked in my TM profile but they keep removing anything I post up in there.

Got the coil in yet? I forgot to email you and tell you that I had stuck the little metal type sticker thing onto the back of the package. I peeled it off my car so you could have stuck it on with some double sided tape if you felt the need.

The ROH's suit the car nicely, they have some decent dish on the back too.

Whats the plans for the 'Mont apart from the manual conversion?

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

i used to have a ef2 xr8 falcon with lpg/petrol setup stumbled across the forums then, When i was searching for mods etc.. but yea didnt keep it long sold it off got a skyline then kickd myself in the pants wanted a v8 again lol.

But to be honest this one goes better then what my ef did haha

furture plans just have it mint and abit of horses under the bonnet haha shes got high k's on her at 320k atm but doesnt miss a beat and still pulls like a school boy.

Also yep got the coil on looks nice and bling bling with the 9mm leads car seemd more responsive just need to get the msd dissy cap to match it lol

Let me know if u sell off anymore parts or atleast before u put them on trademe :P specialy if they are bolt on upgrades

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Stacov wrote:
i used to have a ef2 xr8 falcon with lpg/petrol setup stumbled across the forums then, When i was searching for mods etc.. but yea didnt keep it long sold it off got a skyline then kickd myself in the pants wanted a v8 again lol.

But to be honest this one goes better then what my ef did haha

furture plans just have it mint and abit of horses under the bonnet haha shes got high k's on her at 320k atm but doesnt miss a beat and still pulls like a school boy.

Also yep got the coil on looks nice and bling bling with the 9mm leads car seemd more responsive just need to get the msd dissy cap to match it lol

Let me know if u sell off anymore parts or atleast before u put them on trademe :P specialy if they are bolt on upgrades

Probably goes better because it's not on BBQ fuel with all the restrictive gear on it.

That sounds like the same plan as me. Just a nice street machine that looks good, and goes good.

The MSD gear certainly adds the bling bling factor!

I was considering selling the MSD cap/rotor I have. Done the same amount of k's as that coil (bugger all). The cap/rotor kits are only about $us40, it's the shipping price that kills it. But I have a load of parts coming from Summit soon so I may as well buy a new one and sell this one off. I've still got the packaging for it like I did for the coil if you want it.

I'll also be offloading my davies craig thermo switch soon if you want a simple way to upgrade to thermo fans, I'm planning on using a switch mounted in the thermostat housing instead.

What sort of paint is on the car? It looks like it has a Black with Purple pearl type thing going on in that first photo.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

MMMMMM Boxcars look soooo good in Black.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 am 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

yeah XFWAGON definety want the msd cap/rotor just give me a price, yeah importing only way it seems to get the good parts to new zealand lol

its black with a red pearl so looks like a purple when the sun hits it

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:40 am 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Msd bling bling thanks to XFWAGON for the hook up

Stupid car got abit of a oil leak now 100% sure its coming from sump cant see where else it could come from hopefully it dont get worst. Only driping alittle bit but enough to annoy ya haha

Time to save moneys for either extractors or 5speed manual conversion i bet the conversion going to cost more then what i paid for the car, not sure if i could do it myself wouldnt wanta screw anything up haha

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Went out for abit of a drive today to the city and she was driping quite abit of oil. Looks like im gonna have to replace sump gasket sooner then later and HOPE its that oil all under the cross member and pretty much everywhere under the motor so must be coming out while im driving too not just when im parked up. Sucks cause i cleand it all up yesterday to fine out where it was coming from lol couldnt see much of a gasket left on it anyways. Used about half a litre of oil for that trip. ahh well gotta expect these things with high k motors its just a hassle more then anything.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Lookin' good. Thats a fair amount of oil loss. Sure you haven't got a hole or something?

Manual conversion is a must. And easy to do yourself if you have a trolley jack, axle stands and some common sense. You and a mate could have it done over the weekend. Clutch pedal can be bolted up with a Mal Wood pedal pin kit, it's a big brass bracket that bolts to the side of your pedal box and you mount the pedal on that.

Remove auto, fit flywheel/clutch (can pick up a clutch alignment tool cheap most places), fit T5. Get a J3 chip burnt for your ECU, done.

Finding the box is the hard part although I've seen a few well priced packages on eBay AUS recently. Make sure you get an E series V8 T5 so you don't have to change anything. But there are more AU T5's around than E series. To fit the AU T5 you will need a new sandwich plate, cut a slightly larger hole (5cm's back) in your trans tunnel and shorten and balance your driveshaft.

I've seen most V8 T5 conversions go for about $au1800, then you just need a new clutch (roughly 800 from BNT), sandwich plate about $75, shorten/balance driveshaft about $200.

And obviously a few little bits and pieces.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

yea i think the E series V8 T5 would be the easiest option but finding one... haha

yeah theres no holes or anything from what i saw after i had cleand it. it was coming out of the gaskit all i can try is changing the gaskit and hope its that pretty sure it is. Just have to wait for a fine day weather was so s**t this weekend.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

well im a super big fat dummie, the old man got out there today had a look and its coming out the oil sender so the fan is blowing it back while im driving and caking everything in oil, so ill order one of them and get it in asap.

also will these extractors clear my steering rack ? in my EB http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =384696165

they look the same as i had in my old ef v8 no idea on the brand but seem pretty cheapish

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

you say your a dummy but isnt it a great feeling knowing its just a little bolt rather than sum off job.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next