1997 Tickford EL XR6 

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: 1997 Tickford EL XR6
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

johnzy92 wrote:
Im not too sure if its an AU XR or not but best i can think of is its the original Momo from factory, its been wrapped in new leather with red stitching but its starting to show its age unfortunately,

It looks thicker and nicer-styled than the AU one, more like a BA / Territory style ...I'm trying to get something similar myself.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1997 EL XR6 manual

QLD, Australia

Not too sure, Its definitely a MOMO its logo is printed in the wheel but does anyone else know?? its perfect for the car has good grip and looks nice with my interior.

And finally received my clear EF EL side repeater lenses courtesy of streetlens.com in the mail after work today! havn't had a chance to see how they look on the car but ill post some pics of the lenses,

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

They will look great mate, exactly the ones I've got on mine :wink:

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Dardy!!!! 8-)

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

markr1967 wrote:
Dardy!!!! 8-)

HAHA OH Yeah! Hey mate when you removed your boot wing were u happy with how she looked after or u thinking ud put it back on?? I love the look of yours with and without and cause its a full tickford kit im a bit hesitant to take it off,

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Just looked at yours, you have the same whale-tail style spoiler I had ...a bit too big & cumbersome-looking, and in my case it turned my bootlid into a f@@king guillotine cos the struts weren't up to the weight, lol.

I didn't pull my spoiler off, I just found another straight plain spoilerless bootlid off a GLi / Futura wreck, and had it repainted.

You could do the same, and stash your original spoilered lid away somewhere.

I'm happy with the look. If I ever went for a spoiler again, I'd go the smaller, lower-slung version of our spoilers.

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I've got the lower spoiler and changing it to to bigger one, they look sweet fully kitted and big spoiler

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Sounds like its each to their own with the boot wing lol, ill finish what i want to do with the car as far as lowering and FPV 19" and see how she looks and go from there i think, in the mean time some cheap E-bay bits.....

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Had to buy a new remote for the XR6 as the remote the car came with never worked even with reprogramming but managed to pick up a new one off E-Bay for $30 and had the reprogram it with the method below:

"Use the following procedure to reprogram Smartlock when the body electronic module is renewed or when additional keypads are being added to the system.

* Be sure the ignition is off
* Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY, and within 5 seconds operate the rear defogger switch exactly three times
* After five seconds, the door lock buttons will operate once. All keypad codes have been erased, and Smartlock has entered the learning mode
* Press either button on the keypad. The door lock buttons will operate twice. Smartlock has learned that keypad's code. Repeat this procedure for any remaining keypads. Smartlock can be programmed for up to four keypads.
* Turn the ignition on or off to exit the programming mode and return to normal operation. The door lock buttons will operate once when Smartlock returns to normal mode.
* Check the operation of each keypad you have programmed.

EMERGENCY REPROGRAMMING

If someone attempts to start the car without an authorized key, the system enters an immobilised mode. When the system is in this mode, the engine cannot be started - even with an authorized key. In such situations, you can reprogram the system by performing the following procedure.

* Turn off all accessories
* Turn the ignition on. The Smartlock warning light should flash rapidly indicating it is in the immobilised mode. (It may also flash an error code before flashing the immobilized code)
* Leave the ignition on for 30 minutes
* I reprogramming is successful, the door lock buttons will operate twice and the Smartlock warning light will turn off. The vehicle is ready for use.
* If reprogramming is unsuccessful, the Smartlock light will stop flashing and will remain on."

Hope this helps anyone else having issues too, worked after a few go's but it's all programmed now and works a treat!

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Had a day off so got to work on removing the Factory boot lid with Tickford wing and replacing it with a EF boot lid pulled off a wreck, just about the only good panel left on it too. Its all lined up and everything works as far as locks and remote ect just need to work on stashing some extra cash to get it painted so it doesnt look like S*#T!

Also if anyone is interested im thinking about selling the tickford boot lid AND factory wing both in excellent condition with no peeling or scratched paint, boot lid is starting to show up slightly pink against the wing but wing still looks like it was painted yesterday! just contact me here if u are interested it will be pick-up only from Pacific Pines Gold Coast 4210.

Let me know what ur opinions are,

When i removed the tickford boot lid i couldnt believe what a difference the boot wing made to the weight of the lid was twice as heavy and very solid,

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

EXACTLY my experience in reaction to the look and the feel / weight difference, lol ...I bet your struts are breathing easier now :wink:

Looks great man!

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Ha yeah don't understand how they coped all that time with all that weight

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Last edited by johnzy92 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

nice el, you should get this thread put in the garage section..it's in the wrong section.

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Still waiting for enough cast to paint the boot and everytime I get close I manage to find something else I like and buy it on the spot, I was looking for pre AU wheels when I found aftermarket 17" ANZ-CSA EL XR mags for sale! Always loved the look of the 16" FTR'S and thought 17" would look ace on myn when the car is lowered. Only problem now is I bought the 4 rims that 2 are badly buckled and all need to be refurbished to remove gutter rash. I was quoted $155ea to refurbish and paint the wheels and $120ea to re roll the buckled ones, Anyone else know if this is a decent quote or is there better out there?

1997 TICKFORD EL XR6

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next