Fordmods Logo

220kw 5L rebuild 

Page 13 of 15 [ 211 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:12 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Mate dont ark up up just because you talked more than you could walk. End of story.
I DO feel sorry for you. At least i spent about the same amount of cash as you and walked away a happy man.
Oh and i have an EL XR8 engine on an engine satnd in the shed now and dont worry this one will get built by ME and RUN the FIRST time, not the 2nd or 3rd.

It's funny how the egg thinks he knows more then the chicken. Who said I wasn't HAPPY??? Hit a race track and I'll cut your ute up to bits (watch video on U TUBE).
You and What engine building skills????? When you started you knew JACK S$%T and know act as if you know more then me!!! :lol: Go back to your GREGORY'S XH5LWEPN....YOUR GOING TO NEED IT......LOL

Should see my fuel bills!!!!!!

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Dude, after going through everything you've gone through and spent the money you've spent, you can honestly say that you're happy? You've not even matched the time down the strip...

As far as Jeff's engine building skills, he's only a young 'un as you once were, I'm sure. By the time he reaches your age I dare say he's going to have the engine building skills required to build his own motors successfully.

You once carried on about showing the XH XR8 a thing or 2 down the strip which obviously you're a long, long way away from. You now say you're going to cut him up on the track. Well, I wish we were in the same state as I'd love to see you 2 up against each other. I'm sure after Jeff had a bit of practice under his belt, the only thing you'd be seeing on the track is his back end getting further and further away.

You've got to control your temper buddy, cos when you lose it you look like a f**k idiot and leave yourself open to everyone flaming the f**k outta you and your poxy attitude.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
It's funny how the egg thinks he knows more then the chicken. Who said I wasn't HAPPY??? Hit a race track and I'll cut your ute up to bits (watch video on U TUBE).
You and What engine building skills????? When you started you knew JACK S$%T and know act as if you know more then me!!! Go back to your GREGORY'S XH5LWEPN....YOUR GOING TO NEED IT......LOL

Should see my fuel bills!!!!!!

Haha, classic.

Your going to have to start telling the missus to "put out or get out" coz your obviously one sexually deprived bloke. Should be getting pleasure elsewhere mate not on here posting your s**t. If only you could get pleasure from your car, but looks like thats not putting out either :lol:

Dont worry mate the Gregory's manual is sitting right next to the engine, just having trouble finding the engine assembly section. If only you could blame Gregorys manuals for your big f#&$ up!!!

Oh and obviosuly i must know more than you, i seemed to have chosen the right selection of parts to work together and put out the results, something your are still spending all your time and money on.

At the track mate, Anytime!!! I think the ol XH ute would show yours a thing or two. You'd need more than IRS to keep up with my bucket of s**t!!!!

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Over a second slower, near standard 220's will match you and you havent met your goals.

You go on about him knowing bugger all and yet in reality the rebuild was basically just that, with little or no improvement.

A little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. As for starting out and knowing jack sh*t, well the results speak for them selves.

Take the critiscism constructively and come back with results before the bragging and talking up, its a waste of bandwidth otherwise, especially for the people who use these forums to gain knowledge and modify there car using the experience others have made work.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

this thread delivers! :D

t2te50 I haven't read the whole thread, but why were you rebuilding the motor in the first place ?

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

t2 you claim to be a mechanic... Whereabouts do you work so I can recommend people to stay well away?

If I'd spent the money you have on this engine and its numerous builds, and it performed the way it did I'd be seriously depressed.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Whoaa I hope all the flaming is in jest. Otherwise please tone it down a bit.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Should be getting pleasure elsewhere mate not on here posting your s**t. If only you could get pleasure from your car, but looks like thats not putting out either :lol:

lol, but it's posts like these that give us pleasure on a boring monday morning at work :lol: :lol:

I'll be constructive here for a sec though, if you are using the HM 4-2-1 tri-Y headers and 2.5 inch exhaust still, fling it. If it is the same as on my XR8 which it probably is, it is restrictive as f**k on a worked engine (As my tuner found out) Mine is a 347 XR8 with ported GT40/Explorer top end though.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Last edited by s-tranzor on Mon May 05, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

xr8ute wrote:
t2te50 wrote:
14.2 is like .5 of a second better then standard and hell of alot better then any auto 5L for that matter.

Better than any auto 5L?

My ute was about the complete opposite of yours, i.e. std iron GT40P's, std Explorer intake, std bottom end, but aftermarket cam (Crane 2030) w/rockers and valve springs to suit, std tune, std converter, Pacey pipes, single 3", and 3.91:1 gears.

My PB is 14.153 @ 98.68mph, and 2.134 60'.

And its an auto (w/std converter)

And its race weight is 1800kg+.

And i did all the work myself.

And while I am happy with the result, I dont think it is especially worth bragging about. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I dont doubt that you'll run quicker, I just dont see that you are breaking any records, or any new ground even if you run a 13.

There are guys with very std AU 220kw manuals that have run sub-14.

You've spent a bucket load of cash on the wrong parts IMO.

Quoted for a laugh and to show how much t2te50 FAILED.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

C'mon tone it down. No more name calling. The flaming forum is long gone. Poke a bit of fun at each other but no more names.

EL XR8

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
C'mon tone it down. No more name calling. The flaming forum is long gone. Poke a bit of fun at each other but no more names.

For starters, there's been no name-calling since your last post. C'mon, it's not like it isn't deserved. I'm sure you've kept up with t2 and all his rubbish. We're not a bunch of girls up here who have to tip-toe around each others feelings. As t2 has spoken openly and down to just about everyone else on here, it's about time karma takes its course.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I'm trying prevention rather than have to dish out a warning when someone reports a post.
As I said if its all in jest then fine. But if someone starts calling someone else d***head/wanker or any other personal insults and it gets reported I'm going to have to warn one of you nice people.
Its just a heads up nothing more. :)

This has bee a reminder from your friendly moderator if albeit retarded moderator Timmeh.

EL XR8

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I'm no cop out and yes I underestimated XH5LWEPN's combo. I would have thought only 1/2 a second quicker. Assumptions shouldn't be treated with the contempt that I've shown and I'm remorsfull for that. Some people can't control themselves (language), yes I've been highly critical/condescending but please play fire with fire.

I never wanted a bigger cam because the stock ECM doesn't take well to them. Even with the stocko cam and porting the idle hunts a little (fussy). The car revs cleanely to 6,000rpm (power tapers off a bit after 5,200).

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

anything new here? I'm interested...

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

yeah cmon, i've just read the whole thing. f**k crack up but anyway!

so have you run a time yet TE? I couldnt find one in the thread at all.

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 15  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next