Fordmods Logo

94' ed falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: 94' ed falcon
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

heyy

Im still on my L's as im only 17, and i really have no idea about cars at all, however, that being said i have a 94' ed falcon gli classic, 165000kms and i was looking at doing a few simple mods to it, the only problem is money, i dont earn much as yet so i was wondering if anyone would have any advice on a few simple and cheap mods i could do on the car.

I was thinking along the lines of like XR6 headlights, clear indicators, tint windows eventually, ef door mirrors etc. As im not really sure what will work, im just after a bit of input

Post subject: Re: 94' ed falcon
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

as im not sure as yet, could anyone help with uploading pics, please :) sorry to be a pain

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:15 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

hi

XR6 headlights eather gen ford or twin light, clear indicators, tint windows eventually, ef door mirrors, au side indicators, trip computer if it dosent have one, some sort of a body kit, pod filter, el outer door handles, ef el wagon fuel door - has no finger hole but to do this you will need the electric fuel popper, interia upgrade, this is the sort of things that will work with eb ed`s

hope this helps

have a read through these

the-garage-f53/troymans-supercharged-ed-t69802-1220.html

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=71774

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

thanks heaps, gives me somewhere to start :D just a couple of annoying questions that you have probably answered over and over, can the AU console be fitted into the ED at all??? and also i was thinking about putting the EF ghia doortrims inside with the woodgrain and leather, and i was wondering if they would fit???

Looking through this site i have seen a few picures where these have both been done, so obviously they can be done, however the main part i guess i was thinking about is if it was a fairly simple changeover or if it required alot of customising and the like??

Any help would be great, even links to where there might be a guide to do it

thankyou

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Gidday.

Nothing like a base model E series Falcon to give you a blank canvas to work with.

An AU console can fit, however, has no facility for power window switches if you want to add those in the future.

Re the XR lights, this is NOT a cheap mod, with the parts being expensive, usually well over $500 for a conversion kit. In addition, the light output sucks badly, compared to the standard lights.

Re the EF/EL door trims, not to hard to do, have done it twice now on different cars. Here is a guide that is found in the Technical Documents section of the main forum, and if you click on the 'Resources' tab and then Technical Documents there is a whole lot of info there to give you ideas.

EF/EL Door Trims to EB

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks Benj

Re the Au console, is it a fairly staraight forward changeover with the current ED console??

Thanks for the link, im sure it will come in handy when i do the door panels :D

Re the XR6 front, i can see how the light output would be poorer, i think i might just stick with the standard headlights for now

The feel im trying to achieve within the ED is that of a fairlane, was looking at the EF fairmont doortrims with the woodgrain finish and chrome handles ( i relaise these will be expensive lol ), the AU console with woodgrain surround on the auto gear shift and hopefully some woodgrain inserts for my current ED dash, however im having trouble locating these.

I was wondering in your opinion if these elements would give the feel im trying to achieve and was after some input on what else i could do to give it the same feel. Was also looking at the EF/EL carpet kick panels and wondering if they would be a straight swap, and the ford ltd 97 interior roof courtesy light from an EF/El fairlane

Any feedback would be greatly appriciated

Cheers

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

If you want a Fairlane feel, then you will want Power Windows. The AU console does not have this capability as in the AU the window switches are mounted on the drivers door.

Have a read through my old build thread of my Sedan. There is a link in my signature. My sedan and my wagon are basically Fairlane interiors but NF/NL. It is all possible.

The carpet kick panels are a direct swap. The interior light requires a small bit of wiring to be added. The easiest way is to use the roof loom from a fairmont, and then mod it to work with the new light.

Seats are the next item to look at. NA/NC Fairlane front seats will bolt straight in and provide that arm chair feel. The rear seat squab and back will bolt in, but the side bolsters won't. The easy solution is to pull the covers off the fairlane bolsters and recover the sedan ones.

Just take your time, research the mods you want to make, grab the parts as they come along at a price you are happy to pay, and have fun.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Last edited by BenJ on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

Here are a few simple and cheap mods....
XH snorkel
K&N panel filter
Clear indicators and AU side markers
Colour code the mirrors and door handles
Thats just the basics to start off with. Then comes other stuff such as lowering, Nice rims etc etc.
It is all just a question of money really, And seeing that you are only 17 I imagine the mods aren't gonna be happening at any great deal of speed so the mods I mentioned at the top may be your best bet for now.
:)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]