Fordmods Logo

96 FAIRMONT EF GHIA 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 96 FAIRMONT EF GHIA
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Vibe BA XR6

Well iv been looking for a car for the past few months and have been mainly looking at holden wh's amongst other things. Iv allways had a soft spot for EL's and EF's but never really checked out what can be done with them. Due to going to long without a car and a decent offer by a friends grandparent, Im now the new owner of a 1996 Fairmont EF II Ghia.

3 owners
173,000 kms
full service records, done every 10k kms
completely stock
Light grey leather interior.
Picked it up for just over 2.6

Im heading over to SA on the weekend to pick it up so will post up pictures then.

I have heaps of ideas on the interior/exterior mods but have no idea where to take it with power (or where I can for that matter)

What are some engine mods I can do? (Id like to go for a supercharger down the track) (I have a basic understanding of most things, but still have a lot to learn)

Sorry if its in the wrong section

Post subject: Re: 96 FAIRMONT EF GHIA
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 98 XH2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Welcome to Fordmods mate, I'd be posting in the 6cyl workshop for questions on engine mods, interior in the interior workshop, and so on.

Post pics and info here of what your doing and take it from there. have a browse through The Garage though there's plenty of EL/EF's in here. You'll get some good ideas from these guys! :wink:

98 XH 5 Speed
BA 17"s, BA Short Shifter, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback, More To Come!
98 XH 5 Speed - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/a-bone-s-98-xh-5-speed-t98900.html

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF gli, EF Fairmont, ZH Fairlane

TAS, Australia

sounds like a good project mate as for power super charger or turbo i beleive theres cappa and raptor for supercharger kits probably a few more also snort performance now make a super charger kit aswell as there turbo kits.

for N/A you could do extractors and a 2.5inch exhaust make up a intake pipe. i made one it random bits of intercooler pipe from super cheap and put the pod into the factory air box. theres quite a few companys around that do cams for these engines and you could even get some head work depending on how far you want to go.

alot of people are very happy when converting there autos to manual or to make the auto abit quicker off the line people fit shorter ratio gears 3.7s 3.9s and 4.11s.

i hope that was helpful i look forward to seeing some pics when you pick it up.

also welcome to the forum :P

Daily: 1994 EF Falcon GLI, few mods with many more planned.

Soon to be daily: 1995 EF Fairmont, mostly stock.

Restoration: 1997 ZH Fairlane 500, 351 auto.

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Yeah, Iv had a bit of a look around and am leaning towards raptor, have seen a fair bit of there work through many forums and they appear good. apart from that and on keeping it auto, as I'm on an auto licence until I'm off my P's... 3 more years. :( I still have no idea what to do, got a heap of thinking to do, which should take up the drive back haha. Hoping to get new rim's/tires, not to big and get a nice tint on it next week sometime when im back.

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 98 XH2 Ute

VIC, Australia

lowered with 17's wont look too bad, low profile tyres and a nice tint will start the looks off.

E-bays always ya friend too, also some guys sell spare parts and what not on this site. look for the wanted to buy/sell section

98 XH 5 Speed
BA 17"s, BA Short Shifter, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback, More To Come!
98 XH 5 Speed - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/a-bone-s-98-xh-5-speed-t98900.html

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

yeah that's what I was thinking, theres a few nice 17's around at the moment, a fair few end of stock sale prices to which aren't to bad.

Its going to need new tires to.

Yeah I was having a look at ebay heaps of stuff. Will anything for the EF range fit, with lights etc? know if any other range have parts that fit?

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Pictures will be up soon, broke my phone (which is also my camera) on the drive back and am still waiting on my new screen to be delivered.

Theres a bit of paint damage, nothing noticeable just a few little scratches and grazes around, plan to get the car painted soon when my mates free, no idea on what to do with the color.

Third day driving it round the water pump went- It had never been replaced, so im putting it down to that. All back up now

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]