Alex's 97 Fairmont 

Page 2 of 7 [ 95 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Alex's 97 Fairmont
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

that sucks man.. as long as you're ok. well physically anyway coz i'm sure your ego is a bit bruised

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
fairmont's should come standed with lsd

Only Ghia's.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Right, so where'd my post go stating you should learn to drive your car... else buy a laser?
Also LSD will make it 50x worse in the wet...

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:57 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Duuuuuudde... That really sucks balls. Very sorry to hear.. But that is a prick of a corner, lots of trucks use Millers Road from the refinery, so it would be covered in oil... Plus the first decent rain of the year... Plus some old and probably s**t rubber... Yeah f**k.

But I can say:

a) You were spotted doing your mischeif by a work colleague :D
b) I was wondering who did that when I was driving to Bunnings earlier today :shock:
c) That would be fixable for AFD. If you can find a guard, I have a few Fairmont lights here. New rubber might be a prick tho. And any leak can be easily fixed.

It could all be fixed in a day or so for a F**k load less than the excess.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

Dude.. thats really dissapointing.

If you want a lift to AFD, there's a spare seat in my car. (actually 4... so you get to choose where you sit :lol: :lol: )

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

just saw this in the other thread, OUUUCCCH.

As arm say's it can be easily fixed by AFD, only prob is you will be what I was for a while, le man's red front and perfect rear looking colour.

Just as a thought, that leak you saw could be air con, you might have ruptured one of the lines that go to the condenser/dryer, it should be a yellow looking fluid???? I'm only thinking air con because you damaged the left hand side of the car, if it is air con then you'll have to depressurise it and change the damaged hose, DON'T FORGET THE TO REPLACE THE DRYER!!! and don't forget the seal's too, the seals and dryer can be found from any radiator joint. The Steel hose you'll have to find at a wrecker.

As for the Headlight, there is a bloke that goes by the name of schmee, he can be found both here and on boostedfalcon.net He should have a headlight, and he has a fair heap of junk that he would like to get rid of, he lives in Hampton Park.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

To add to the first post, Gogetta had an EL Bonnet before he moved to Geelong, he didn't want anything for it at the time.

Might be worth a pm to him, no guarantee's though, he might have scraped the bonnet when he moved.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I will just wait and see what insurance say. The damage is pretty concentrated and I just hope underneath is alright. Both tyres blew so the car is undrivable atm, but if it costs more than the claim to fix I think I will just claim...

The car really isnt as bad as I first thought, but a mechanical inspection will reveal all..

arm79 wrote:
a) You were spotted doing your mischeif by a work colleague :D
b) I was wondering who did that when I was driving to Bunnings earlier today :shock:
c) That would be fixable for AFD. If you can find a guard, I have a few Fairmont lights here. New rubber might be a prick tho. And any leak can be easily fixed.

It could all be fixed in a day or so for a F**k load less than the excess.

It was probably my mate spotted as he drives like a f**k head. As for when I crashed, he pulled ova in his 94 executive which is illigal as s**t and his mate came around in a unRW commadore which made the scene look like a 'hoon' crash lol..

But yeah, thanks arm and I hope I can still get to the AFD, hopefully in my car too...

Krisis dog.. the plans for LSD have been thrown out the window for a long time... Thats what my mate said to me too while waiting for the towy, 'learn 2 drive ur car first'.

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh, you know what would have been funnier though, if you'd bought a Ghia... LSD as std, you would have backed into the sign instead then lol... or even better 360'd it :lol:

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
Dude.. thats really dissapointing.

If you want a lift to AFD, there's a spare seat in my car. (actually 4... so you get to choose where you sit :lol: :lol: )

haha cheers Dodd, I'll let u know. We'll wait and see what the insurance company says in the next couple of days.

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Yeh, you know what would have been funnier though, if you'd bought a Ghia... LSD as std, you would have backed into the sign instead then lol... or even better 360'd it :lol:

Yeah.. I was lucky but, there was a power line pole 5 meters to the right... that one would have caused some serious damage.

Anyway im going over to my friends place to finish banjo kazooie on N64 lol.. get my mind off things :)

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

If you need a set of tyres to get you by...I have a set of Turbo blades you can borrow...may be humiliating for a while, but at least gets you by.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Cheers Phong, I'm just gonna have wait till I here from Just Car... as they will have the car today or tomorrow.. Only then will i know the course of action I will be looking at..

If I do make the claim, I will buy new tyres/wheels with the rims i want from TTF and take them to smash repair or whatever and get them to whack them on or something..

Ill post up any news... cheers

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2010 Nissan Patrol

VIC, Australia

as the other blokes have said, i had an EL Ghia for my first car with LSD, had my licence for a month, came around a round-about too quick in the wet, and ended up doin a 360... LoL its unlucky, but these things DO happen...unfortunatley more often too the un-experianced drivers... all the best mate, and hopefully see ya at AFD!

Cheers..

Theres no replacement for cubic dispacement!!!

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Cheers mullet, yeah we were having this debate on a thread ages ago, it should be compulsary for people to do advanced driving courses before they get there licence... f**k 120 hours and all the bull s**t u have to do these days, it counts for nothing when u slip, because if u dont know what to do, ur in trouble... Ah well, ive learnt a bit about driving from that experience...

hopefully i can make the AFD in my car, going to ring Just Car 2moz and crack the whips hahaha (not really, but seriously...) hahaha

If not ill try hitch a ride out there, but my boss wants me to ring him 2moz, apaz regarding the unavailablity i have put down for that weekend... i did it well in advance so he can s*** a fat one if he wants me to work :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 7  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next