- Sony 12" sub
- Full darkest legal window tint

To be done:
- Paccy Extractors
- Cat
- Chip
Attachment:
interior.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Last edited by Alex_EL on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Alex's 97 Fairmont
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ef Ghia 5.0, DT200R

QLD, Australia

nice clean el there, looks like a good find

ImageImage

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Nice one Alex - a nice first car you have there...look after her :)

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

tidy interior... carpet looks in good nick... head ight lense's need a cut n polish... :wink:

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:53 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

Nice Mate, good to see you have some wheels. better get on with the mods quick AFD is only 13 days away :D

Very clean car and a nice find with that low level of k's, hope to see it in the flesh.

Trent

SIGNATURE PIC TO LARGE... REMOVED BY MODERATOR!

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
tidy interior... carpet looks in good nick... head ight lense's need a cut n polish... :wink:

Agreed. Also the headlights are not that strong, thinking they may need new bulbs? The dash lights are also not the brightest stars in the sky lol... Im thinking of insalling neon green bulbs down the track to give the interior a nice glow.. depends on what colour my head unit is down the track i guess... i'll match them.

my347 wrote:
Nice Mate, good to see you have some wheels. better get on with the mods quick AFD is only 13 days away :D

Very clean car and a nice find with that low level of k's, hope to see it in the flesh.

Trent

Cheers Trent. The GAFD is dawning I know, and I will be racing to get some mods on it by then. For sure it will be on new wheels, and hope to death lowered.

I am going to get some more quotes for the lowering, but I also have a friend who said his dad could do it for free, so I will get onto him about that!!

Going to repco to get quote on springs and shocks 2moz, also buerepairs to see if they can beat the quote i got from TTF for new wheels :)

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

*Reserved*

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:02 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
Nice one Alex - a nice first car you have there...look after her :)

Don't you mean "Andrew"...HAHAHA

Looking good Alex :D. Very nice first car...and in good condition...let the modding begin and watch your bank account wither.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
let the modding begin and watch your bank account wither.
phong =P~
[/quote]

For sure lol.. I need LPG bad so I can save more money each week hahaha. Not feeling the bite yet though. My bank account is set up to get annihilated within a month I'd say. Already got work to do before the AFD hahaha.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

nice pickup there !!

look after it, hate to see a nice example be thrashed to death by a "first car owner" :)

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
nice pickup there !!

look after it, hate to see a nice example be thrashed to death by a "first car owner" :)

+1,

Also, and I probably told you this when we did Paintball, don't start lowering the car and overly modding it and stuff like that until you have the car roadworthy'ed and in your name, will save alot of hassle's :wink:.

Also tell us what get's picked up when you get it roadworthy'ed :wink:.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

also, if you wanna save a few $$$$ on springs, I have Rear Super Low Springs that are just going to sit here and do nothing, and I would really like to get rid of them, they are near new. If you want you can buy just brand new front springs and front and rear shocks, and buy my Rear Super Low Springs :P.

Just as a note, Springs are about $150 a pair ($300 front and rear).

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

Alex_EL wrote:
So, the time has at long last come for me, and I have purchased my first Ford.
I picked up my 97 EL Fairmont off a bloke from Cheltenham, who didnt use it much, and had owned it for 7 years. Previously the car was from Sydney and was a company car (2 previous owners all up)

The car has been garaged and done 4000 K's in the last 4 years, it currently has 145,000 on the clock.

The car is Heritage green as you can see, which I like, and the paint is in very good condition.

Ive owned it for 2 days now and this is the first chance Ive had really to post it up, as I've been driving it alot as you'd imagine haha.

The first thing I did is something which I have wanted to do since as long as I can remember, and that is to put my beloved Carlton scalf behind the rear head rests. :) I have also added some FPV floor mats which I got from Kmart, just to liven up the car and reduce that stock feeling. The car also has an exhaust tip which was previously fitted, chrome paint needs touch up though.

Now I need to: pay the stamp duty and transfer fee's. Find a good local mechanic for servicing. Start some mods (ASAP lol).

My to do list:

> Lowered - King Spring Superlows + Shocks of some sort
> New wheels, BA XR8 18" Replica's
> LPG Conversion
> Sound System (for now headunit, sub, amp - leave standard speakers)
> LSD
> Clear side indicators

Attachment:
rear-dstreet.JPG

Attachment:
petrolstation.JPG

FPV floor mats

Attachment:
interior.JPG

Attachment:
side view.JPG

fairmont's should come standed with lsd

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

If you're getting converted to gas get straight gas and run higher compression. You will get heaps better economy and the car will drive heaps better. Running dual fuel = a slug on gas and major intake restriction for when running fuel.

Very nice pick up though, look for springs second hand as you should score a set under or around $100 compared to $240+ brand new and isn't an item which wears easily :wink:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Was driving today, took a right hand turn from Mason St. into Millers Road, Altona (nothing flash) and as I straighten up my rear kicks out (road was wet), me not knowing how to handle the car over corect, car ends up running the pavement and taking down a street sign.

a) f**k
b) not a pedestrian area (thank f**k)
c) I am fine but very...very upset

damage: front quater panal gone, left headlight (the good one) gone, both tyres left hand side burst. Bumper is hanging down but is fine.

Engine bay looked untouched, when we moved it as it had to be towed it was leaking something, whether it is power steering fluid or something more serious time will tell..

Car will be out of action for a good few weeks I reckon, lucky I am full comp but the claim is a killer...

The car really isnt TOO bad but needs work. It was undrivable as both left wheels blew as I said..

For the record, I was'nt driving like a d-head, When the rear kicked out it was completely unexpected and the next thing I knew was bam...

It was a one way road and I was the last through the green arrow, so no cars where anywhere near by thank god. Also thank god it was not a perdestrian area as I said..

Ripped the street sign clear out of the ground.

Anyway, it hapened at about 11:am this morning, I wasnt able to get home until 4:15 this arvo and I had work from 5-9:30...

Count me out of the Geelong AFD :( :(

I am upset for my car, but glad I or no one was injured..

I dont know what else to say really atm...

I'm not one to enter skids and have never been in one in my life before today. It is too bad I hadn't done a defensive driving course yet as I have had the car... 3 days.. But will be doing as soon as I get it back...

I'm not angry at myself cause i know it was an accident, but i still feel lyk s**t... my car.... noo....

Plans have officially been put on hold.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 7  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next