Fordmods Logo

au 2 xr8 AFR 

Page 5 of 10 [ 150 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Problem is you cannot use 185cc AFRs on an AU 5.0L without cutting bigger valve reliefs into the pistons. Which he didn't want to do immediately.

Is it the same for earlier model 5.0L too?

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

schnoods wrote:
BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Problem is you cannot use 185cc AFRs on an AU 5.0L without cutting bigger valve reliefs into the pistons. Which he didn't want to do immediately.

Is it the same for earlier model 5.0L too?

Yep.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: au2 xr8

WA, Australia

chooka wrote:
Yea I understand that but I could'nt see the reason for wanting to go with a stroker over a well built 5.0 as he has the 165's.Stroker money could be better spent elsewhere.

And as said before going to be pretty expensive building the motor twice.

it wont b a while till i was going to stroke it anyway. at the moment ill just get it dynoed when i get my new clutch and ill go from there, if i lose to much tourqe to the throttlebody ill just change it . im just angry with it at the moment its not very fast even with the smaller TB thats why im getting all these stroker ideas.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

ive been driving it around with the AFR 165,s and the cam for a year now it also is still the stock bottom end.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

does anyone know where i can get an lsd centre for xr8 irs, mine is a single spinner not lsd. when i got the 3.7 put in it i was going to get the lsd rebuilt but they said its not lsd and ill have to buy a whole new centre. but they couldnt find a centre so i just told them to put the 3.7 back in and leave it as a single spinner for now.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:
chooka wrote:
Yea I understand that but I could'nt see the reason for wanting to go with a stroker over a well built 5.0 as he has the 165's.Stroker money could be better spent elsewhere.

by the way me and my dad put the heads and cam in so i didnt have to pay for any labour, and i havent touched the bottom end so if i stroke it it will b only one build all up not two as i wont change any of the existing parts.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

when i brought my heads and cam i needed it to work with no tune, and stock bottom and i needed to b able to drive it to work the following monday and the possibility that it would work with a stroker in the future(1 year or so later).
if i had gone with the 185cc and a bigger cam i would of had to notch the pistons and get it tuned with a flasher and dyno time which i didnt have enough money for at the time.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:
tones au2 xr8 wrote:
chooka wrote:

by the way me and my dad put the heads and cam in so i didnt have to pay for any labour, and i havent touched the bottom end so if i stroke it it will b only one build all up not two as i wont change any of the existing parts.

Ok,cool-my bad I did'nt realise the Afr's were on already.
As usual regarding lack of performance check tps and if your getting wot.Also with the 60cc chambers you could of lost some compression which would reduce power.

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600
----------------------------------------------------

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

The only other suggestion I've got Tony is the cam timing, did you and the old man degree the camshaft in? This can have quite and effect.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU XR8 220

WA, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:
does anyone know where i can get an lsd centre for xr8 irs, mine is a single spinner not lsd. when i got the 3.7 put in it i was going to get the lsd rebuilt but they said its not lsd and ill have to buy a whole new centre. but they couldnt find a centre so i just told them to put the 3.7 back in and leave it as a single spinner for now.

All AU XR diffs came standard with a LSD mate. I dont know why that diff shop would tell you that its not. If i were you i would take it to a different diff shop and ask them to get the LSD shimmed. They will tighten the LSD so that it wont single spin for a while.
Is your car running rich? You may get alot of benefit from a dyno tune.
Its good to see some more tough Fords in Perth.

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

i got the new edelbrock egr plate today and put it on. i also spaced out the throttle bracket so i get full throttle now, it seams to go a better now.
next is clutch and flash 2.

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
The only other suggestion I've got Tony is the cam timing, did you and the old man degree the camshaft in? This can have quite and effect.

yeah he said he degreed it in, i like the sound of that eagle stroker kit at ur shop.

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:

When i can get a Single Spinner hemisphere for my AU XR8 i'll have the LSD for sole if you are interested

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

tones au2 xr8 wrote:
BOTTLEDUP wrote:

yeah he said he degreed it in, i like the sound of that eagle stroker kit at ur shop.

No problem, good to hear that the spacer went on without any dramas. Good also you are now getting full throttle.

If you are interested in a stroker kit let me know I'll work out a better deal for you.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
tones au2 xr8 wrote:
BOTTLEDUP wrote:

No problem, good to hear that the spacer went on without any dramas. Good also you are now getting full throttle.

If you are interested in a stroker kit let me know I'll work out a better deal for you.

how much hp do my heads flow and do i have to change the MAF to suit the 75mm TB.

Last edited by tones au2 xr8 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 10  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next