Fordmods Logo

AU/BF Wagon ....... aka white/yellow/blue peril - now M7 BA 

Page 1 of 13 [ 182 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Post subject: AU/BF Wagon ....... aka white/yellow/blue peril - now M7 BA
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

well seeing as i have been asking ALL them questions re this & that for the AU [aka yellow peril lol it's two shades of yellow ie was a taxi] wagoon, thought i betterer put 'something' up :mrgreen:

it 'was' my partner's old car for 'about' ten years ...... got used an abused by her 'x' . she [as most do] mentioned about another/differant car for herself..... anyway she ended up with a BA fairmont bought off this site [thanks for the problems ya never remembered! ] & i ended up with the $37 special....

if ya from g town . . . . . yes you have seen the car .... plus some of victoria lol [rd trips buying errr 'stuff' ]. currently it's a auto on gas & pretty well reliable :roll: how ever that will be shortly changing..... :lol: to a 5sp manual with 3.45 diff [from either 3.08 or 3.23?? ] have most of the items to swap straight over [ecu, manual loom] except for the frackin tailshaft length......... :? i have roughly measured it at 139.9 cm's ??? so i hope thats damn close enuf to suit ?? :shock: .. hopefully shortly i will go outside & measure up the car and make sure it's correct :roll:

have NOT forgotten the 'ol EB wagooon ..... it now has a BA parts car . . . . . ....... :roll:

Last edited by Mad2 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: AU Wagon ....... aka yellow peril
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Could I suggest that you conatct the person that is going do do the shortening/adjusting the length of the tailshaft and ask them how they want it measured (from point "A?" to point "B?").

That way you can measure it they way they want and understand.

Of course you will need the 5 speed in the AU Wagon to measure it :shock: .

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Could I suggest that you conatct the person that is going do do the shortening/adjusting the length of the tailshaft and ask them how they want it measured (from point "A?" to point "B?").

That way you can measure it they way they want and understand.

tailshaft will be measured & cut same way it always has been ...... uni centre to uni centre [plus or minus a few mm :roll: ]

SWC wrote:
Of course you will need the 5 speed in the AU Wagon to measure it :shock: .

thats one part that won't be done till tailshaft is ready......... :roll:

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:08 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Measure an Auto box with bellhousing and then an AU 5 Speed and deduct the difference from the AU Tailshaft.

As long as you measure to the same points it will give you the measurement needed.

Simple math.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Measure an Auto box with bellhousing and then an AU 5 Speed and deduct the difference from the AU Tailshaft.

As long as you measure to the same points it will give you the measurement needed.

Simple math.

i measured a EA 5sp & AU 5sp boxes & put a rule across back of box & came up with 5.3cm [rough measurement lol]. then measured AU sedan & AU ute tailshafts ... got 5.6cm's between uni centres differance [ute/5sp]. is the EA/EB wagoon shafts same length as AU? as i don't want the yoke sitting out as far as the AU auto is.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:33 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

EA-EL and AU Auto Tailshafts are the same length.

AU auto is the same length as the E series auto.

Have you tried a tailshaft from an AU ute? Check an auto ute against a auto wagon.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
EA-EL and AU Auto Tailshafts are the same length.

AU auto is the same length as the E series auto.

Have you tried a tailshaft from an AU ute? Check an auto ute against a auto wagon.

welll grumps ... no the AU2 tailshaft is not the same length as the EB1 - both aluminium. there's 23mm differance :roll:

so ..... do i go AU length & cut shaft at 1351mm [c to c] Or go EB length & cut shaft 1374mm [c to c] :| there is also a differance in the yokes ..... the EB didn't have the 20mm 'step' that AU does [think it's where that big 'balancer' goes? ]. i'm allowing 56mm for the gearbox length.

i'm kinda leaning towards the EB . . . . . . . but what if i'm wrong lol :shock: :roll: :lol:

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

swapping the diff over to another & had some errr 'trouble' fitting as couldn't fit as per 'normal'. then just happened to flip diff over & found this in locating hole.

anyone know why it would be there??

edit coz pic was tooo dam big :roll: :mrgreen:

Last edited by Mad2 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:28 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

hmmm .... pics still a little big :?

anyway . . finally finished putting diff in - :shock: so glad i changed diff ratio to 3.45!. didn't think that changing from 3.23 to the 3.45 would make much if any difference . . . but sure did lol, even moi other half noticed when she had a drive. so it got me think re changing to manual box. should i use motor from white AU sedan [motor seems to have more 'go' ? ] with manual box i bought? or should i use the BA motor/AU box & BA dash etc etc in yellow peril lil :lol: .............. nah another AU motor & box would end up going in quicker than the BA motor & box :roll: :roll: :roll:

cheers guys

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:08 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

is there any correct rear seal for the manual boxes?, i presume the auto/manual seals interchange between the EA/AU 5spd's

Thanks

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

welll ... put the box in to get checked out at me local gearbox joint :roll: . . . and got told all is good & for the $$ he charged he replaced the rear seal & gave the box snout a clean up 8-). also bought/won a BA engine/box loom so i can compare it to the AU manual looms i have here :roll:

still enjoying the 3.45 diff ........ 'may' get a 3.7 :lol:

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

i've seen a few times about what fluids the manual boxes need ... can anyone give me a refresher on whats 'squirted' in the manual boxes :mrgreen:

currently removing front/rear seats/console/door trims & fitting seats/console/door trims from the AU1 Fairmont parts car i have .. yes i know about the seatbelt tensioner :roll: coz i want all one color ... and elec windows :lol:

is there any differances between the AU series1/2 electric windows wiring looms OR at least how they connect with the BEM? also is there differance re wiring comparing the AU1 to the EF/EL? having a look at the aftermarket/factory manuals i have here & the aftermarket has me confused re wiring

Thanks

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:44 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

well ... spent sometime yesterday pulling the fairmont apart :roll: removed the door trims, carpet, console & seats. checked over the loom running across the floor & :shock: ..... guess i will have to 'undo' the loom & make a stand alone loom for the windows :? have also bought a simple timer from jaycar to help with a 'slight' change i have planned for the windows :wink: . also whilst err "doodling" i pulled the drivers door trim of the yellow peril lol & found ... the factory speaker half rusted away! :? unfortunately i can't put it all in just yet as it needs to be done when auto is pulled out of yellow peril & manual box is fitted :roll: ... older i'm gettin ... slacker i'm gettin lol

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

well .. have fitted front seats/console/front trims. on a err 'whim' i thought i would try a BA drivers door trim ...

stuff me ! .. it fits with no probs lol altho fouls on end of dash when door almost shuts. appears AU series1 doors are differant to the later ones, altho i won't know what the rest of the doors are like on the yellow peril till i pull off trims :roll:

Last edited by Mad2 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

another question .......

i know what most have said re manual boxes ... but :roll:

my local gearbox builder [who also checked out the box for me] recommends that i use 5/30 engine oil for the AU box [& he has built a few boxes for me]. what are the pro's/con's for using ether gearbox fluid??

Thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 13  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next