Fordmods Logo

AUIII XR6 Turbo 

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Glad to hear it's all good now, but just in case you need any tweaking, I've heard good things about CPV in Mackay (Dave Sheehy IIRC) and RDP Mackay seem to have done a good job with the Raptor generic tune for the AU, mine's going OK out of the box.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

low ghia wrote:
i dont get some of you guys...

so f**k what spending f**k knows how much on a older model..

au over ba/bf etc.. even ef/el over the later models..

not everyone likes or can even stand the looks of some models...

personally i hate the ba/bfs. they look s**t imo..

just because its a later model DOSENT make it fantastic

mate, the au looks great.. good on you for not doin the normal and buying a ba/bf xr turbo or f**k typhoon...

and id see bout that tuning too... im running 10 psi and making waay more than that, but then again we all know what dyno readings are about..

Well said mate ,couldnt of put it better myself....

nice car mate looks great, Blueprint looks Awesome on the AU III XR6, looks stale on the BA.......Redcliffe Dyno have opened up in mackay and would be worth a look for a tuner, I;m down here on the Sunny coast and they have a big reputation here.....I have never heard a bad report come out of RDP..

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

gags.... wrote:
low ghia wrote:
i dont get some of you guys...

so f**k what spending f**k knows how much on a older model..

au over ba/bf etc.. even ef/el over the later models..

not everyone likes or can even stand the looks of some models...

personally i hate the ba/bfs. they look s**t imo..

just because its a later model DOSENT make it fantastic

mate, the au looks great.. good on you for not doin the normal and buying a ba/bf xr turbo or f**k typhoon...

and id see bout that tuning too... im running 10 psi and making waay more than that, but then again we all know what dyno readings are about..

Well said mate ,couldnt of put it better myself....

nice car mate looks great, Blueprint looks Awesome on the AU III XR6, looks stale on the BA.......Redcliffe Dyno have opened up in mackay and would be worth a look for a tuner, I;m down here on the Sunny coast and they have a big reputation here.....I have never heard a bad report come out of RDP..

I have heard more bad reports than good about RDP.... but horses4courses, wicked build mate

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:30 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUIII XR6T, Land bruiser

QLD, Australia

Cheers for all the help so far, it's been a headace lol :) .
I've just orded a steel spacer for between the head and block 0.8mm, turbo sock,
30m of 50mm heat wrap (dump pipe and mainafold), new 10mm topgun leads and a new set of lpg plugs.

Hopping this will stop it breaking down and try to make this engine last a bit longer, wrapping the turbo and
mainafolds should help knock the heat down and save them leads.

Does anyone know what compression i'll be lookin at roughly with this spacer or what else i should do
while i've got apart (its not apart yet).Cheers

AUIIIXR6, Ultra low king springs, monro shocks, 19" of Chrome XHP Jets ,Snort Stage 4 turbo mainafold, GT 42r turbo, 3" stainless cooler piping, Haltech E6X, 42lb injectors,10mm Topgun leads,rising fuel reg, Bosch 040 fuel pump15psi = 283rwkw 802nm of tyre shreding touqe and a 12.6@118mph.

Last edited by horses4courses on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

I think leads were the problem the car revs harder than it ever has before better than when i got it back from tuner originally. changed plugs after them didn't make a difference. just got to wrap everything up and fit spacer now and more boost. :D . see how long this box lasts. :twisted:

AUIIIXR6, Ultra low king springs, monro shocks, 19" of Chrome XHP Jets ,Snort Stage 4 turbo mainafold, GT 42r turbo, 3" stainless cooler piping, Haltech E6X, 42lb injectors,10mm Topgun leads,rising fuel reg, Bosch 040 fuel pump15psi = 283rwkw 802nm of tyre shreding touqe and a 12.6@118mph.

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:14 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

horses4courses wrote:
Does anyone know what compression i'll be lookin at roughly with this spacer or what else i should do
while i've got apart (its not apart yet).Cheers

I think my copper gasket was around 1.6mm, I did the math from a website after pluggging in a bunch of engine info, and it indicated that my comp ratio was around 9:1. If your gasket is 0.8mm, yours will be higher.

EBXR380 suggested the website to work out comp ratios, so you could pm him for more info.

Good to hear its revving out nicely.

Joe

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

There is a s**t load of info on this site. Just scroll down and go to what ever calculater you want :)

Its where i worked out with boost i had a comp ratio of 16:1 :shock:

http://www.turbofast.com.au/javacalc.html

Its an awesome site.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT Series 2

QLD, Australia

Dude ray bhall in cairns does do tuning but you pay for it. He is really good but and very thourogh. Otherwise ring haltech and see who they recomend man. BTW that is a wicked ride man I did not like the AU but that is kick a**!

Stage 1 stereo install done. Pics in audio section.
Next step is probably a nice exhaust or stage 2 stereo.

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

keep going. my mate is up to 70 grand on his au xr6 turbo ute. the thing is incredible 320 atw

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

EFfalconsrule wrote:
Otherwise ring haltech and see who they recomend man. BTW that is a wicked ride man I did not like the AU but that is kick a**!

Cheers mate, yea the mob i went to were recomended by haltech :shock: , so i won't trust that. I've been talkn to a bloke in the towers here he runs same computer (E6X) and has built and tuned his own car.

Also been talkin to dave from cpv in mackay and he reckons he nows a good bloke for the job down there. He' got good rep and he tuned one of my mates cars (BA XR6T) and it moves.

Last edited by horses4courses on Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

james88 wrote:
keep going. my mate is up to 70 grand on his au xr6 turbo ute. the thing is incredible 320 atw

Yea for shure, I was lookin for about 350rwkw when i first started now I'm goin to go all out and see if ican push this thing up to near 400 to 500 rwkw. The dollars r sumthin u just have to suck up on the way i guess.

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Cars goin great, just found another little problem now, seems that when i get under half a tank of petrol she starves when i get into it (surging).
just filled the tank up today and no probs ATM.
Was wondering how big of a surge tank someone would recomend or anyother ideas that work.
keep it above half a tank is ok for now. :D

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2006 BF mkII XR6

VIC, Australia

That is a very tidy looking AU you have there!

Formally 97_el_futura

2006 Lightning Strike BF mkII XR6, stock engine with turbo intake.
Lower grille mesh, 35% tint, Xforce exhaust, SL front, SSL rear, terrible sound system and FPV copies.

Post subject: Re: AUIII XR6 Turbo
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Been a while since i've updated this, cars got anoter fuel pump in it now the walbro shat itself, it's still on warnty claim. Fitted a bosh 040 in tank pump seem to be workin ok just runnin a bit rich i think. Moved to Townsville for work and there are tuning shops here (yay), just that they all want me to change my ECU but they all have there own version's on whats good and whats not, it feels like i'm back at square one again. think ill hold out on the ecu swap and wait for my mate to get his new afr gauge and we'll try to get this thing movin.

The diff and gear box in the car ain't goin to last much longer once we start pushin some power out of this thing I want to change to a six speed manual but still think that $7500 is still to much for just the parts, has anyone done this to an AU, would really like some help here as moneys is pretty tight at the moment and can't find anything in the search function.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Post subject: Re: AUIII XR6 Turbo
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

i thought i'd seen your car around town in the last few weeks... :idea:

i'd be interested to see who you end up using to do your tuning up here, i will be looking for someone in the next few months too, but only know that guy in cairns.

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next