Fordmods Logo

BenJ's EB DOHC T5 Ghia Wagon 

Page 39 of 201 [ 3004 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 201  Next

Post subject: Re: BenJ's EB T5 Ghia - Stealth Wagon
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Hey Mr Fiend.. where is mine mate?

oh, and Mr Benj, good sh!t mate, you make me wish sometimes that I'd stuck with the boxcar myself instead of swapping to the EL.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

mitchell g wrote:
BenJ wrote:
Well, you see, Fiend I drive a BOXCAR. A much better piece of gear than the plastic fantastic you are driving.
don't you mean it made in australia not nz much tougher these aussie ones

Oh yeah yeah. Us NZ'ers and our flax weaving don't make a pretty brake booster... You lot are too busy sitting around with some beer called XXXX coz you cannot spell beer and twiddling with didgeridoos or some such to bother and simply give us all the crap ones..... Or some s**t.

Good work Benj, thanks for the help once again.

And Fraudie - at least everything I ask about is relevant to the thread and of interest to me. Some would call it attempting two birds, one stone... Some would say it's half intelligent and keeps forums and threads moving... I would say it helps my understanding of my own, and others, cars. You would call it thread hijacking even tho YOU said nothing of any value in relation to the thread. Go read the previous page. Everything said there is a normal conversation flow... APART from your crap at the bottom.

Frankieh - you get that bloody supercharger in there and then talk about Graffix. ((same goes to WAGGIN in relation to the search function working))

I, once again, give my sincerest and heartfelt apologies to BENJ for the thread Hijack. Even tho Fraudboy seems to have caused more of a hijack than I ever achieved, even when purposely trying to be annoying.

Fraudie wrote:
Blah blah f'ing blah

And now we return you to normal programming... So, BENJ, is the car still rolling on black rims?

What have you done (if anything) about heat shielding the clutch cable from those extractors? I know damn well your clutch cable is not made of absbestos impregnated titanium composite. And I know it's an EF / EL part too, so there's no more Rubiks cube graffix heading your way...

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

ImageLooking nice mate, el tail lights I assume are a direct fit?(or were they modifed), just I remember one guy ranting on about how next to nothing was interchangeable etc. with his el wagon. guards indicators tailights etc.
Where as I thought all wagon tail lights were the same fitment ea el.

haha, your driveway sucks :lol: I've had my mate tow me out of ours with his hilux because the racq couldn't, your driveway looks brilliant to me.
not the only time I've got booged, even got stuck teetering on 2 wheels at one point, now that took some time to get out of :lol:

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

E series Wagon tailights come in two mounting configurations.
3 bolts and 4 bolts. A small hole drilled is all that is required to swap between them.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
i find the fiend member is a tad foolish or a fool, from his sig and hijacking threads.

Froudey, you are welcome to your opinion, but please keep it to yourself or via PM. I find Fiend and his comments in MY thread to be a welcome relief, and he certainly keeps me entertained.

NZEA wrote:
Wow I love this wagon. Stay true to the box cars BenJ!

Box cars RULE!!!

fiend wrote:
So, BENJ, is the car still rolling on black rims?

As of Friday . . . . NO. Now has the Alloy ones back on. And looks much better too. I will strip the black ones of the paint, and polish them up. I may even try a few paint options on them first.

fiend wrote:
What have you done (if anything) about heat shielding the clutch cable from those extractors? I know damn well your clutch cable is not made of absbestos impregnated titanium composite.

Nothing at this point has been done in the way of shielding. I will give is some thought, but it has to look good as well as being functional.

fiend wrote:
there's no more Rubiks cube graffix heading your way...

All my dreams are coming true. Besides, there is no where to put the dogs in a Rubiks cube.

OZBMX wrote:
Looking nice mate, el tail lights I assume are a direct fit?

In my case, yes the were a direct fit. I believe the early EAs were different as mentioned by Rick's EF Fairmont Wagon. Thanks for clearing that up mate.

OZBMX wrote:
haha, your driveway sucks :lol: I've had my mate tow me out of ours with his hilux because the racq couldn't, your driveway looks brilliant to me.
not the only time I've got booged, even got stuck teetering on 2 wheels at one point, now that took some time to get out of :lol:

I once had a driveway that was approx 1km long, was all gravel, included a dry creek bed crossing, and was sometimes used for the cattle to graze in. Then I wanted to have to get the mail, as it involved rally driving up to the letter box and back. Had a little Datsun 1200 Coupe then. Oh the fun.

frankieh wrote:
oh, and Mr Benj, good sh!t mate, you make me wish sometimes that I'd stuck with the boxcar myself instead of swapping to the EL.

You have strayed from the path of enlightenment, or some s**t like that. Nah, mate, you got a bargain with that EL. I look forward to more progress.

Froudey wrote:
any way, what are you upto this weekend benj? more little bits and peices i am guessing,

See below.

joshie007 wrote:
Oh hi Ben hows it going mate, the EL tail lights are an improvment. What bits and pieces are you up to this weekend.

You lot are all funny buggers, and you all certainly make me smile!!! LOL

OK as for Bits and Pieces, as I indicated above, I have taken the Black rims off, and have put the Alloy ones back on. It looks much better this way.

I have quite a busy weekend, with being dragged . . . . attending a family wedding, and then planning and test driving a cruise for the Sydney members, and test driving the next Ford to join the BenJ stable, a KH laser, for my daughter when she returns for the USA next month.

In between all of that I made a start on painting the EL door handles for the Wagon. I will put some details up this week, along with an interior trim mod I am working on.

Be GOOD!!!!

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:07 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

what u use to paint the rims? and cleen them befor ect..

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Okay then - Anyone care to explain a "nice" route for the clutch cable... I'm just about hiding mine and thinking of putting a heat shield arrangement over the drivers side engine mount area and getting cable through there. Only reason it is not going under the sump is because I saw all the K Frame bits are about a third of what the were before it's been smashed into large objects. It still hits a few things. Particularly at night when there's no warning about certain holes and / or speed bumps.

Simply put - I'd cut the cable clean in two between road and car... Ho hum. Is good. Have clutch. Have crunch. Have to adjust.

(By ANYONE, I actually mean BENJ as it to him we novices go for a friendly push in the right direction, unless it involved many instances of zero's and ones....)

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Soo, it's in then?

Good stuff.

Re the clutch cable, mine goes under the sump, but runs along the top edge of the K Frame. Remember though, that the EB K Frame is different to the EF one.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Thanks dude, and yes - had forgotten that Box K was different from Melted box K. Looked a bit tight through there - seriously a bit suspect on putting it there, one too many sharp edges and / or problems with it. If engine moves (which it does) I'd risk pinching the cable, and putting it underneath may result in gravel rash on cable. Ah well. Too much thinking for one little brain...

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

fiend wrote:
mitchell g wrote:
BenJ wrote:
Well, you see, Fiend I drive a BOXCAR. A much better piece of gear than the plastic fantastic you are driving.
don't you mean it made in australia not nz much tougher these aussie ones

Oh yeah yeah. Us NZ'ers and our flax weaving don't make a pretty brake booster... You lot are too busy sitting around with some beer called XXXX coz you cannot spell beer and twiddling with didgeridoos or some such to bother and simply give us all the crap ones..... Or some s**t.

Good work Benj, thanks for the help once again.

And Fraudie - at least everything I ask about is relevant to the thread and of interest to me. Some would call it attempting two birds, one stone... Some would say it's half intelligent and keeps forums and threads moving... I would say it helps my understanding of my own, and others, cars. You would call it thread hijacking even tho YOU said nothing of any value in relation to the thread. Go read the previous page. Everything said there is a normal conversation flow... APART from your crap at the bottom.

Frankieh - you get that bloody supercharger in there and then talk about Graffix. ((same goes to WAGGIN in relation to the search function working))

I, once again, give my sincerest and heartfelt apologies to BENJ for the thread Hijack. Even tho Fraudboy seems to have caused more of a hijack than I ever achieved, even when purposely trying to be annoying.

Fraudie wrote:
Blah blah f'ing blah

And now we return you to normal programming... So, BENJ, is the car still rolling on black rims?

What have you done (if anything) about heat shielding the clutch cable from those extractors? I know damn well your clutch cable is not made of absbestos impregnated titanium composite. And I know it's an EF / EL part too, so there's no more Rubiks cube graffix heading your way...

fiend that was ment as a joke

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

*puts lid back on can marked worms.

So any updates the benj?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA MkII XR8 and XE Sedan 351

NSW, Australia

Hey i saw this wagon on Erskine park road yesterday,round the corner from my house,looks really nice,black wagons look tough,especially with that XB style bonnet,keep up the good work..

BRING BACK THE CLEVELAND!!!

My daily driver-1995 EF Falcon 5 speed 4lt
My project car/weekend warrior-1982 XE Falcon with 351 clevo power,new target is Sydney Powercruise!!
Now wrecking-1989 EA Falcon s-pack 5 speed CFI

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

RAM wrote:
Hey i saw this wagon on Erskine park road yesterday,round the corner from my house,looks really nice,black wagons look tough,especially with that XB style bonnet,keep up the good work..

Yep, that was me. Thanks for the comment.

Well, another small update.

Over the weekend, I finally got off my a** and prepped and painted the EL External Door Handles that I have had laying around since before Christmas. Yes, I know, lazy. I mean it's not like I had other things to do on the Wagon. LOL

OK. A couple of pics of the process.

Disassemble donor door handles.

Sand with 800 wet and dry, undercoat, sand again and apply the Black Pearl.

Apply 3 coats of clear. Door handles need plenty of protection. (You should see my wifes nails!!! Not to mention her rings.) Reassemble door handles, disassemble door and TADA!!!!!

Here is a pic that shows the factory handle as well. I find the difference surprising.

I will point out that I have only got the drivers door assembled at this stage. This is because I am also doing a small retrimming job of the door cards at the same time, seeing as I was taking them apart. I recently acquired some of the seat material as I wanted to tie the EL Interior, and the EB seats together more.

This is the end result. Nice and subtle, but still effective.

Once all the door handles are installed and the trim job is done, I will post up more pics.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

Door trims look nice.
i love the fairlane padded ones :D

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
Door trims look nice.
i love the fairlane padded ones :D

So do I, but I only have one on the drivers door LOL.

Hopefully, one day I will stumble accross the other ones.

Cheers
BenJ

Sort by  
 Page 39 of 201  [ 3004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 201  Next