Fordmods Logo

BenJ's EB DOHC T5 Ghia Wagon 

Page 144 of 201 [ 3004 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 201  Next

Post subject: Re: BenJ's EB T5 Ghia Wagon + DOHC Install Progress
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Thanks for having a look. I have not devoted much time to this myself, but intend to follow up later as I believe a hydraulic system is the right option long term.

Cheers
BenJ

Your welcome Ben. It is a better long term option, and just a nicer feel under foot option too. :D I have a couple of auto peddle boxes I can hack up to work out that end of it easy enough, so it's something for the list next summer lol.

I did stumble across a conversion that has a new fork & a slave cyl & thrust bearing in one unit like the BA setup, that is available in the states for mustangs. Was looking for a new input bearing holder for my new T5 that I need to rebuild. Would be nice but too pricey for our budget buildups.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

General Update

Not a whole lot has been happening lately.

I have however been keeping up with some general maintenance.

I had the front DBA Slotted Rotors machined. I think all the water up in QLD helped them warp just a little.

When I swapped out the steering rack I noticed one of the front tires was worn on the inside edge. Probably to do with the fact I had changed a tie rod end and postponed getting a wheel alignment until I had changed the steering rack. Then another six plus weeks driving after that had them completely stuffed.

So, I sourced two new 235/45/17 Rotalla tires for $90 each fitted and balanced, and got a wheel alignment done at the same time. Surprising my last DIY wheel alignment attempt at home was pretty darn close.

I have been very slack and have not made much progress with the XB GT bonnet but I will soon, I promise.

SWC has started work on the new front bar and already it is shaping up well, and will really suit the front of the wagon.

Re the Barra conversion, I believe I have sorted how all the wiring needs to go, and have the needed solutions for things like water temp, oil pressure, and tacho signals. All that I really need now is some spare $$$$$$$ for a XCal 3 flash tuner, but that will take time.

Anyone want to sponsor? LOL

I hope you are all well and happy.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I got two 245/45/17s for the back before christmas.

I have been very happy with the grip level and wear so far, considering I do 500+ kays per week, and we went from Sydney to Maroochydore and back.

For a budget tire, I think they are quite good.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

i have been running 245/35/18's rotalla tires on the fairmont and they are about 15xxx kays old so far and they have been going well and i picked the up at tires for less at fairfield east.

not the 100% best in the wet but i am happy with them

cheers, bear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XB GT Bonnet - Refresh Progress

I have been a bit slack in starting work on the bonnet, mainly due to not wanting stuff it in the process, but finally picked up the power tools and went to work.

A few weeks ago I marked and trimmed the bracing under the bonnet behind the vents.

This has cleaned up the look underneath. I think that is all that is the changes I will make, and will paint it all Jet Black. I did have some thoughts about adding some white LED strips behind the vents but that may be a bit too ricer-ish. Some LED strips like what are in the cargo area may be added though, only to provide light on the engine bay at night.

Today, I mounted a stripping disk to the grinder and ground back the areas on the bonnet that were showing signs of cracking. I cut back sufficiently until the cracking was not evident, but most of them were down to the metal. I then got the sheet sander out and started sanding the clear coat, most of which has crazed. Once through the clear coat to the Black Pearl it appears to be fine. I got a fair bit done in an hour, and will continue the sanding tomorrow.

Stereo Upgrade

I asked the local lads if anyone had an old amplifier they had laying around and didn't want any more, and DCTodd found an old Kenwood 4 channel amp.

I hooked it up and after a bit of testing found that Channel A bridged worked great and the gain and crossover controls functioned well. Channel B was a no go however.

I mounted the Amp under the passenger seat and now have plenty of power and control for the 10" sub. Quite happy with the outcome.

I will keep looking around for other cheap/free amps.

Another Clutch Cable Failed

Sooo, who would have thought that I would have more clutch cable dramas after replacing the last one in March 2011.

Last week the clutch pedal was feeling off, and I had to adjust it to I could select gears.

Hmmm Not Good!!!

So on Friday I get home from work with some daylight still about, and jacked the car up to check the clutch cable out. I pull off the plastic cover over the clutch fork and find that the 3 month old cable has only two strands of wire holding the end on. Bloody Hell.

I swapped in the spare, and with receipt in hand head to Bursons. Close inspection of the cable shows the cable was not cast in the centre of the alloy piece at the end, which would cause it to rub on the hook.

Bursons sent the cable off to the Manufacture, and on Tuesday I got a call saying they had sent me a new replacement as the cable was faulty. YES!!!!!

New cable has now been installed and all is right once again.

I do have some new information regarding parts for a hydraulic system, and will share that info in due course.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

All very interesting there BenJ, nice work on the bonnet, but, please Mr Hassellhoff no KIT lights! :lol:

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

I had that exact same problem with my clutch cable I snapped the one that had been in my car for about 2 and a half yrs then I sourced one from repco and it snapped within about a month, then got a replacement for free and snapped that too within about 3 weeks or less. The third time was lucky, I've now had this one for about 4 months and everything's going fine so far. But as you said it was breaking off at the grommet that attaches to the clutch fork, ripping the wire out of the casting. I forget what the brand of cable was but it was the aftermarket type that repco sell.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

next time you are looking at getting a cable, last one i got for my brothers au xr6. Ended up being cheaper to buy a genuine ford one, than a aftermarket one from bursons or repco by a solid 30 dollars :lol: 8-)

Previous cars

1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:45 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

yep, genuine ftw...

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ford eb with el xr6 tickford

SA, Australia

hey benj im currently doing this with my 1991 eb sedan but instedd of using the eb high beam i just moded the wire and im running the ba low and high beam but still using the eb parker i am yet to mount the two adjusters i was wondering if u had a way u did yours and how did u get full cercals from the big one i have achived a nice clean curcel from the small reflector would be nice if your could email me some closer details asap cheers

jwc-22@live.com.au

fordboy22 ruining a el xr6 tichford motor in a 1991 ford eb soon to be 5 speed manual with 9 inch lsd and xt front lights with angel eyes and projectors

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

fordboy22 wrote:
hey benj im currently doing this with my 1991 eb sedan but instedd of using the eb high beam i just moded the wire and im running the ba low and high beam but still using the eb parker i am yet to mount the two adjusters i was wondering if u had a way u did yours and how did u get full cercals from the big one i have achived a nice clean curcel from the small reflector would be nice if your could email me some closer details asap cheers

jwc-22@live.com.au

fordboy22 ruining a el xr6 tichford motor in a 1991 ford eb soon to be 5 speed manual with 9 inch lsd and xt front lights with angel eyes and projectors

Good on you for having a go. I love the look and the improved light output.

Re the large reflector, there is no way to keep the full circle. It just has to be trimmed, both top and bottom to fit in the EB Housing.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I've got an aftermarket cable I bought thru repco about 18mths ago in the Eb Ghia, no issues with it at all. Was cheaper than ford genuine parts at the time too.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

thought u might like this... as somewhat if a black vs white lol

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey, that is cool.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

ausedwagon wrote:
thought u might like this... as somewhat if a black vs white lol

kind of reminds me of spy vs spy :D :D

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Sort by  
 Page 144 of 201  [ 3004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 201  Next