Fordmods Logo

BenJ's EB DOHC T5 Ghia Wagon 

Page 70 of 201 [ 3004 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 201  Next

Post subject: Re: BenJ's EB T5 Ghia Wagon
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Seat is Finished!!

Seat Back Completed.

Cheers
BenJ

I love the effort you have gone to for those seats, I ripped out the drivers seat out of my FAIRLANE as the sinking feeling was in the drivers seat, I'll put it back into the EB unless if I can pick up another full leather shield seat.

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

What a fantastic weekend we had here in Sydney.

Mid to high 20s, and it is still winter.

I spent Saturday with my Family, and the Fordmods Crew at Oran Park Raceway. Great fun, but got a bit much sun.

Sunday, I took advantage of the great weather, and got to work on the Wagon Wing. A couple of coats of undercoat, a dash or two of spot putty, a bit of sanding, and I was ready to paint some Jet Black.

While the Jet Black was drying, I decided to mount the wing, before the final colour coats, just in case I scratched it. Which I did. DOH!!!

But at least it is now fitted. I will finish the paint with the Black Pearl and Clear coats soon.

I really like this wing on the Wagon. It is only subtle, but adds a lot of character to the rear. Now I really do have to do something with the roof racks.

On another subject, I had been having some issues with the engine stalling while changing down gears. After discussing the subject with a few people, and trying a few things, we discovered that the base idle was so low, that it would not idle on Petrol or LPG with the ISC disconnected. A quick adjustment with a screwdriver had it idling correctly on Petrol and LPG.

The good news is that this has resolved the stalling issue. Much nicer to drive around now. The bad news is that now I don't have an excuse not to teach my daughter how to drive a manual. LOL

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Well done Ben :D

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

That wagon is coming along nicely Ben, great stuff.

What's the issue with teaching your daughter to drive manual? Would you just prefer not in the wagon due to all the work put into it?

I've given my fully licensed sister a couple of stick shift lessons in my EB, with heavy clutch, and she had little difficulty.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I taught my Daughter to drive in my Red EB sedan, so at least she has driven a large car. She still has her Learners licence, and I focussed a lot on road craft, trip planning, reading traffic etc.

She has been overseas in the USA for over 12 months, and has not driven at all in that time. Adding a clutch and gearshift etc to our busy Sydney roads, is not something I relish tackling. But she was competent, and carefully confident behind the wheel before, and being a Ballet Dancer, at least has some good coordination skills.

BenJ

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:42 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the rear wing looks sweet ben...

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

I took me "ex's" son for his first drive of a car ever on Saturday (being his 15th birthday) and so he has driving a large manual car... He did alright to be honest. Wasn't expecting much, but I do have a little patience and a good manner when required...
BIG GRIN

And yeahp, the wing looks the part alright. :mrgreen:

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Hey Ben how it going mate? Your wagon has made some good progress in my absence, have done a nice job with your new wing and you went to a lot of trouble to fix your seat :).

Keep it up!

Josh

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the kind words. Seat is good now. Sit at least 50mm higher now LOL. Can even see the bonnet while driving, which is sweet.

Had another visit from Snap this weekend.

If you recall, Snap had earlier installed the remote central locking in the Wagon. With the Wagon starting to look the part, and keeping in mind future mods, I thought it would be a good idea to add some immobiliser functions, and other features.

The Wagon is now protected so it can't be hot wired, and it won't start if the ignition lock is forced. There is also a shock sensor installed, as well as auto locking doors to help prevent car jacking.

While we had the interior part dismantled, I hooked the Power Windows and the cig lighter plug up to Permanent 12+. This way these things can be operated from within the car without needing the keys.

In around 3-4 weeks I will be driving the Wagon up to QLD. I am taking my Daughter, who is back from living in the USA, up to Brisbane so she can audition for the QLD Ballet. The next couple of weeks will be spent prepping for the trip. The main thing I want to do is fix the Air Con.

After I get back, the sunroof will be going in. Finally!!!!!

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

hey ben im guessing u dont want to go advertising how u hooked up the immobiliser for all the world to see, but im contemplating installing one in my wagon and am looking for ideas...

would u mind letting me know some of the basics (via pm if u prefer)

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I actually disarmed the auto door locking not log after I put the alarm in both the ute and the Mav.
Was kind of embarrasing the morning I started the Mav up to warm it up and shut the door to go and finish my coffee.
Came back to find the truck running with all doors locked..............................

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

gogetta wrote:
hey ben im guessing u dont want to go advertising how u hooked up the immobiliser for all the world to see, but im contemplating installing one in my wagon and am looking for ideas...

would u mind letting me know some of the basics (via pm if u prefer)

Yep, no point in telling how it was done.

PM Sent.

EVL098 wrote:
I actually disarmed the auto door locking not log after I put the alarm in both the ute and the Mav.
Was kind of embarrasing the morning I started the Mav up to warm it up and shut the door to go and finish my coffee.
Came back to find the truck running with all doors locked..............................

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This set up only locks after you apply the brakes for the first time while driving. When you open a door from the inside, that door unlocks. When you turn the car off, all the doors unlock.

Seems pretty fool proof to me.

Cheers
BenJ

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:09 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

The auto lock by footbrake feature in this alarm can be enabled/disabled by the remote.

EVL098 wrote:
I actually disarmed the auto door locking not log after I put the alarm in both the ute and the Mav.Was kind of embarrasing the morning I started the Mav up to warm it up and shut the door to go and finish my coffee.Came back to find the truck running with all doors locked..............................
Courtesy light switch operation is very important - a dodgy switch can create plenty of grief.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Nah mine was nothing to do with the cabin lights. Mine just locks as soon as the ignition turns on.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Sounds like a job for remote start.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 70 of 201  [ 3004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 201  Next