Fordmods Logo

BenJ's EB DOHC T5 Ghia Wagon 

Page 19 of 201 [ 3004 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 201  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

this guy makes me feel sick!!!! he does more in a couple of days than i do in a year!!

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

huggiebear wrote:
if you look enough you will find a place (even on ebay) that so XR6 wagon tail gate gas struts. the difference i hear you ask? the XR wagons had spoilers ;) and therefore they made them stronger to help with the weight. there is a guy on ebay, i was reading his ad last night and he said to let him know what model car you have and if it has a wing... as he sends you the correct ones. so if fitting quality speakers id be looking at a set of these.

how do the 6x9's go on the tail gate? many rattles?

XR6 wagon tailgate struts and standard wagon tailgate struts are the same units, If you note where the spoiler is mounted on the tailgate it has no effect on the weight of the gate as it is mounted at the top where it is hinged not at the extremeties like on a sedan boot lid.

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

huggiebear wrote:
if you look enough you will find a place (even on ebay) that so XR6 wagon tail gate gas struts. the difference i hear you ask? the XR wagons had spoilers ;) and therefore they made them stronger to help with the weight. there is a guy on ebay, i was reading his ad last night and he said to let him know what model car you have and if it has a wing... as he sends you the correct ones. so if fitting quality speakers id be looking at a set of these.

how do the 6x9's go on the tail gate? many rattles?

XR6 wagon tailgate struts and standard wagon tailgate struts are the same units, If you note where the spoiler is mounted on the tailgate it has no effect on the weight of the gate as it is mounted at the top where it is hinged not at the extremeties like on a sedan boot lid.

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:24 am 
Fordmods Junkie

I am fan of your work ben, this wagon will be finnished before you know it and you wont have anything else left to do lol.

do you think you notice the cut outs you made to fit the el console once you fit the dash?

Are you sticking with the seats you have now or will you find a set from a el wagon?

josh

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Jebus, hope that dash is in before I get there.
Russle up some metal bracket - you need another bracket for the handbrake down the RHS subframe ????

Hey Snap, I already have the bracket for the subframe. PIMP_LTD made me one. The dash will be done while you are here, so that if I bugger it up, we have a vehicle available. :lol:

racedirector wrote:
Coming along every nicely Ben, she will be up to the red EB's level in no time!

Soon enough mate.

PIMP_LTD wrote:
I always have loved your work Ben, this wagon is coming up a treat. I can't wait to see the EL interior in it.

Andrew.

Thanks Mate. Hopefully you will get your wish by the end of the week.

gogetta wrote:
this guy makes me feel sick!!!! he does more in a couple of days than i do in a year!!

LOL, I am making the most of some REC Leave, and Wife Leave :D

paulc wrote:

Point Noted for future reference, thanks mate!

joshie007 wrote:
I am fan of your work ben, this wagon will be finnished before you know it and you wont have anything else left to do lol.

do you think you notice the cut outs you made to fit the el console once you fit the dash?

Are you sticking with the seats you have now or will you find a set from a el wagon?

josh

Thanks Josh, the filed areas won't be visible after the EL Stereo surround is fitted, and I have a spare if it does. Re the seats, I will use the seats that came with the Wagon. The dark leather is unusual, and the EL seats need to be modded, and then once fitted sit much higher than the EB ones.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Told you the carpet would fit without changing a thing...

( I gotta sound "knowledgeable" about ONE thing )

SNAP - Thanks for the heat shrink idea. I'll be revisiting the tailgate area sometime soonish... All other things depending.

Sounds like I was lucky getting the seats out the EF Fairmont that had been a "bro mobile"... They are much lower than the standard high a*** EL ones - probably just as they carried around 20 odd stone of sweaty bro for 250 thousand k's, but they're nice height for my scrawny white a*** now.... Cheers bro.

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Well, I modded the front of the Wagon today.

Lets just say that I will never reach through the window and start the car again. Not only did it crank over, it bloody started and drove away!!

End result was a bent bonnet, smashed headlight, broken rebar and the radiator support panel was pushed back about an inch. I drove the car home, and all is fine mechanically.

Anyway, DR Dave (Cheers Mate) dropped by with some of his surgical tools, a bloody big slide hook hammer thing, and my 4 pound sledge, and with some delicate manipulation managed to pull the radiator support back into place and straighten a couple of other bits and pieces.

Then we dropped the bonnet off the Red EB on the Wagon, and massaged things a tad more so it sat right. Dr Dave headed back home, and I swapped in the Rebar from the Red EB, and after some gentle file work on the left hand chassis bracket the bar slid home.

So now the Wagon looks like this.

Apparently Super Cheap Auto have a special on Export Paint, 5 Cans for $10, so I will drop in there tomorrow and get 20 odd cans of gloss black. Should blend in a bit better after that.

Now I have to be nice to my really good buddy Paulc, and see if we can push up getting my bonnet done LOL.

Not so cheery
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

some color on it , and it should be as good new ( ish ) :P
you could get flat black to paint the bonnet with , less reflective glare ;)

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: el xr8

NSW, Australia

bad news there ben,quick job getting it back on the road,hows the other car you hit,as bad.

i smell bad even when fm members drive past lol.

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

you must have been spewing mate
atleast you had the spare parts from the red eb

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Could've been a lot worse - looks like the fenders escaped damage.
BenJ wrote:
Snap0964 built the loom for the manual conversion
Pull the shorting link and hook the terminals up to the neutral s/w on the T5.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

D'OH!!!!

That sucks a** man, but life is full of little suprises. As Snap said, it could have been worse.

Good luck man.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Don't paint it BenJ. Wagons look way cooler with different colours all over the show. :oops:

Mate, you're a lucky sort of a character... That coulda have been ten millions times worse. You didn't try grabbing the car to slow it down like they do on the movies (or America's stupidist.....)

Amazed the left fender didn't take a knock. Amazed it didn't hit something very very expensive. Amazed the 1.6 tonne of wagon stopped with such a small crease. General amazed.

Are you SURE you don't want a EF Fairlane front end now? You've hit it once, so it'll be safe for years now...

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

As everyone said, could have been worse.

Il be interested to see how well it comes up with the cans. The finish can usually be polished up quite well.

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

fiend wrote:
Mate, you're a lucky sort of a character... That coulda have been ten millions times worse. You didn't try grabbing the car to slow it down like they do on the movies (or America's stupidist.....)

Yeah I had the same thought, except I was picturing this guy lean in turn the key and the car taking off, legs dangling out the window sorta thing.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Sort by  
 Page 19 of 201  [ 3004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 201  Next