Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 2 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: The wagon
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

Ok The car is basically done minus a polish. Every little thing I have been able to spot has be cleaned, fixed, replaced and painted and I have a mate coming to look at the car today to just check it to see if he can spot anything else that needs to be sorted

Anyways picture time

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok the mechanic is booked and so is the tow truck. So 7.30 thursday morning the car get picked up to got get all its checks done starting with the tank being removed and sent away to be tested

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok after waitying all weekend to get the car back fro m the mechanic I finally got it home last night and today start on the final bits need to get it on the road. So today I swap the front seat belts and height adjusters over, fix the right hand ball joints, spwapped over all the slotted rotors from the sedan to the wagon and put the front pads from the sedan on as well and just to tidy it up for the next road worthy I put the ef intake on as the car currently has the gas system removed will the tank is off being tested.

So tomorrow afternoon myself and huggiebear will be taking our white e-series wagon to get rwc's and hopefully have both on the road this week

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok its been a stressful 8 days since the failed road worthy the and list of things was handed over. The biggest issue was I was told both sills needed to be replaced at a cost of 3 grand. So today I had a hand to take the sills back to bare matal to see how bad it was and to our suprise there were 9 holes in the 2.2m long drivers side sill and 8 of them were pin holes. So after checking to see if the pin holes were really a bigger issue and finding out that round the tiny holes were still very strong the sill copped a coat of rust converter and a light coat of bog.

Tomorrow the sill will be painted and some old oil and petrol put inside the sill sto prevent anymore rust happening and the passenger side will also get done and hopefully its even better news, as the drivers side was meant to be the worse side. It may not be perfectly straing and smoot but it will be repaired and once the skirts are fitted you will never see if the paint doesnt quite match.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

every little thing the mechanic had put on the list of failed stuff has now been repaired or replaced. I am just going to try give the car a cut and polish prior to a road worthy and will redo the head light and it should past with flying colours anywhere, anytime

Oh and the side skirts should be finished tomorrow

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just some new pics. As the gas is not on the car at the moment i decided to put the nicer ef intake on.

Lazy mans lowering

And the rest

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The wagon is now on the road. The side skirts are also done and just need paint. so in the new year the skirts will go on the rear bar will get chopped and fitted to the wagon along with electric front window and cruise control

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Great news.

Another E Series Wagon on Aussie Roads again.

Looking forward to seeing the bodykit fitted up.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It should be good when i get the kit on. Only problem I have at the moment is deciding if i should put the ftrs on, what I will do with the height of the suspension and what I an going to do with the exhaust

I really should work out the exhaust first as if I go with 2 3inch twin dump tips upside down I will need to have the bar modded for the extra out let. Oh and before anyone asks about why I am going to use upside down dump tips, i found that it was the best looking way to install a tip on a wagon when I worked at an exhaust shop and fitted on to my old ea fairmont ghia wagon

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

I would be interested in seeing the mods you make to the rear bar and right hand bracket and chassis, as there really is not a lot of room under there.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I should be lucky enough that the rear bar hungs a little lover at the back of the wheel so I may be able to completely change the way the tail pipe runs and is mounted, If that happens I wont be getting dump tips.

I have a mate of my brother in law has a mig welder so I may go to the wreckers and get a tail pipe from them so I can cut it up tack it together and see if I can make it work and where to put mounts and then just take both sides to an exhaust shop and get then to replicate them in a smaller size

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok After 500 kms since last monday with over 300 in the last 3 days, I have notices some tiny issues that I dont like. They do not hamper the car in any way, I just dont like them. So the hunt is now on for an extremely cheap engine crane or the use of one for a few days so I can swap the motor and box from the sedan into the wagon along with a few other things. All in all the car was fault less and used very little fuel (over 300kms from half a tank) and my grand father gave his approval so all is go now for mods

Some pictures from today

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok update time. Due to the little issues I had with the car today I started on fixing them. So first on the list was to try sus out the thumping noise from the front right. It didnt vibrate and due to the brakes and bearing coming off the sedan I didnt check them as they were fine a couple of weeks ago, I fitted up the 16 inch ftrs I had and boom, issue sorted.

Second. The car srung a leak in the cooling system. So after a quick check I found out one of the heater hoses that usually connects to the gas system was touching the pulley on the power steering which melted the hose with the heat cause by the friction. So out came the damaged section and the hoses blocked off. Once I go back to find out about my gas tank I will make the mechanic fix it as it his stupidity which put the hose so close to the pulley in the first place.

Thirdly. Because of the coolant leak, high coolant temps at normal running, the lack of power from the motor and gear box slipping, I decided that instead of fixing what was in the car I would just swap the good radiator, hoses, motor and gear box from the sedan to the wagon. Due to the chance of the gas being reinstalled I am not swapping over the manifolds and I am also not going to disconnect the alternator, power steering pump or the air con from the wagon, instead I am just un bolting them from the motor.

So as of right now the sedan is in the carport with no bonnet, and every thing i dont want un bolted from the motor just waiting for tomorrow when I plan to undo the 4 bolts for the torque convertor and pull the motor out

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just some quick pics

motor out of the sedan

motor out of the wagon

the tickford motor in its new home

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next