Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 18 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: Bitsa Taxi Wagon
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:27 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

how much bog have you used? any ideas how much weight it will add in the end?

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

On my 3rd can of the fibre filler and 2nd can of light weight filler although I have only been able to get small tins of it. I have used a bit but I have turned alot of it to dust and gone threw loads of sand paper. Total weight of the car is almost the same as when it left the factory but I dont have the factory gas in the car anymore.

Earlier I was trying to work out what I have spent and I still havent worked it out exactly but what I do know is that this year my single most expensive thing to do with the car besides rego was the modifed off the shelf 2.5 inch tail pipe which cost $100 and I am shortly going to chop part of it to allow the second tail pipe to join into it

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

overflow bottle won't last long. it'll get stinking hot with engine heat and coolant heat

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah that what I am thinking but if it doesnt work I have a spare, if it does then its just another personal touch. Got try new things and if it fails I change my approach and try again

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well another distraction has hampered progress on the EL. Before I get to that, a quick update on the EL. The mirrors and LED indicators have been wired in and work great as does the aftermarket central locking that is now in and working. While the interior was out 4 LED strips were installed under the dash and under the front seats and come one when the doors are opened. The interior is now being put but together but focus has now turned to the distraction.

The distraction comes in the form of a 1995 EF gli white 4.0L auto wagon which my partners brother just picked up with rego until late December for a grand. My job is to tidy it up so it can be used as a work vehicle. The car has just over 250,000kms on it but runs awesome and the gearbox is freakishly smooth. Only the tailpipe and drivers side tail light needed replacing and the drivers side rear wheel arch needed some attention but he has splashed out on a few things like seat covers and my old engine bay plastics.

Here are a few pictures of both wagons. Note the EF was just washed prior to the pictures and the wheel arch is still in the paint process

Here is a picture to give an idea of how the rear quaters look on the EL compared to stock

Stock

EL

Also the EF will be getting the mags from the EL and will be getting a nudge or bull bar and some big spot lights on the front

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well finally there has been some good news and progress of sorts on the wagon. I now have all the stuff to respray the entire car which will remain white. My partners father has been given a quick sketch of a small picture that I want dont on the C-pillar trim. The BBS 3 piece alloy wheels similar to those pictured recently in this thread have been purchased and could be in my hands as early as the end of next week. I have also recieved 2 large oval style tips for the car along with enough 2.5 inch pipe to fabricate the passengers side tail pipe.

Also I have been working on tiding the engine bay but not hiding the wires as such. I have also painted the shaker setup and installed a pair of red LEDS under is which when turned on light up the entire engine bay including the repainted tappet cover. So hopefully this weekend will be the beinging of the end of the project until after the birth of my 3rd child.

Pictures

Not picture in the above picture are the BBS rims and a new overflow bottle

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just a quick update. Spent some time on the wagon yesterday and fitted the new over flow bottle as well as sorting out mot pieces for the exhaust and trying the do something different on the front end after removing the grille

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The thing taped to the front bar is a metal ford logo which will be moulded in and once the car is painted will just have the raised logo remain but entirely in white. I have also been working on the ideas again for some air brushing which I am thinking of putting on the C-pillar trims. I have done a drawing on the car and made it a little cartoonish but I think it looks rather good.

Using the above sketch my idea is to have a mean or crazy (eg: Mad Hatter or The Joker) looking person either leaning againt the car or interactiong with the car in some way. Unfortunately with my limited drawing skills and lack of reference material at home without the internet all I have come up with is this

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

Not a big fan of the number plate on the side..... Just doesnt look right....

But hey its your car.....

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There isnt alot of places to put a number plate it you want to move it. If it was at all possible I would rather remove it from the front bar completely and have it on a bracket in the front air dam but I will see how I go

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

I like what you have done so far but... the number plate looks just alittle out of place..

Either way i have enjoyed the read mate keep up the good work.

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Today I was suprised at what I found in a grabby old country second hand shop. It was to good to pass up

For $20 as it sits with all the wiring for all the lights and only 1 crack and 2 missing light lenses for the top I think its a sign that I am on the right theme for the car now.

So I will tidy it up, fit some new lights and some neons as well as changing the taxi logo a little bit and I think it will be a nice addition for shows

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: el boori falcoon

QLD, Australia

lol

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well it appears that the plans for finishing the wagon before xmas have now changed again and the whole project might canned. The reason is a week long stay in hospital for a suspected stroke. So until the all clear is given and sensation on the right side of my body returns to normal the car is again on hold

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

Hope you get better soon... Didnt expect that news....

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Sort by  
 Page 18 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next