bry's swb patrol. 

Page 3 of 8 [ 116 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: bry's swb patrol mavrick rebuild
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

Everyone on the Nissan forums recommend genuine radius arm bushes. I did mine on the weekend in about 4 hours, I have a write up on it over on nissanpatrol.com.au on how I did it.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:

Its coming along, all you needs a set of pedals and a chain lol

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

twase wrote:
Everyone on the Nissan forums recommend genuine radius arm bushes. I did mine on the weekend in about 4 hours, I have a write up on it over on nissanpatrol.com.au on how I did it.

Yeah the genuine bushes are better but you cannot get them to suit caster correction.
Drop boxes or caster plates are not legal and dropped radius arms are not exactly cheap.
It leaves really no other options but the caster correction bushes.
I got genuine rubbers in the upper rear arms in mine through Suspension stuff and they were cheaper then direct from Nissan.
While you are putting the radius rods in Bry fit new mushroom bushes as well.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
twase wrote:

Yeah the genuine bushes are better but you cannot get them to suit caster correction.
Drop boxes or caster plates are not legal and dropped radius arms are not exactly cheap.
It leaves really no other options but the caster correction bushes.
I got genuine rubbers in the upper rear arms in mine through Suspension stuff and they were cheaper then direct from Nissan.
While you are putting the radius rods in Bry fit new mushroom bushes as well.

Im hopefully buying a fukk rear and front rubber kit. That way I know its good for a few years

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Full***

BF XR6

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So bought a xh ute yesterday dirt rotten filthy cheap, drove it home, didnt wash it or anything
Advertised it and sold by 10am today and made a very very tidy profit. Then i scored a full set of bar work for free off a mates lwb patrol hes wrecking. So I am now the new jewmaster.

BF XR6

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No your not. To truly be a jewmaster you would have to have your mate also come and install the bar work for free lol.
Nice work. saw that Xh, was even tempted myself.

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
No your not. To truly be a jewmaster you would have to have your mate also come and install the bar work for free lol.
my brothers removing it for me. Does that count? Lol

BF XR6

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
79raven wrote:
my brothers removing it for me. Does that count? Lol

Lol. Yes, yes thats does.

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So the bars your getting, rock slider's or bull bar? Is she going to be a bush beast or a road train with off road capabilities? If she is going to be a bush beast Ive heard protection for the front diff is a must. The draglink and diff can cop a bashing otherwise. I suppose if your handy with a welder you could knock a custom job up.
Also whats your plans for the interior, are you going to keep the back seat/s or go a custom setup i.e draws etc? I am taking my back seat out as its only able to carry 2 people and having 3 kids its not going to work. I was thinking maybe enclosed bed under some hinged 22mm so when I go bush I can just sleep in the back but still have the rear cabin for carting s**t. Dont know yet and unlike yours Im already on the tar so I understand getting your's on the road would be first priority, just seeing what you envisage your's to be.

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well its going to be daily driven for a while but I'm not going too big on wheels or lift just a bit of a weekend toy /penis extension to drive lol. I have no back seat as the swb takes a 3 seater and the lwb rearest seat is only 2 seater

BF XR6

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ah yeah like mine, almost a d**k seat. Mine only has 2 belts though, mind you the Mq and the Gq are miles from each other. You could fit the lwb one I reckon if you wanted to, would only be another couple of bolt holes really or the Gq swb seats sell real cheap on ebay up your way ( $30 or so). I suppose its what you want to do with it.
Lol, they definitely are a penis extension. I get more looks in the Mq s**t box than I do in the loud exhaust low Ef. I think its the shear size and the fact the Mq is higher than almost all 4x4's on the road Ive come across. Its funny seeing the soccer Mum's in their Territory's and Rav 4's and also the tradies in their vans who normally push people around on the road. I dont know how much lift mine has but she only is on 31's and its windows are higher than most deliver trucks.
Great car's though. It dont matter how fast they go off the mark or the speed they can ( cant) do, you just get in and enjoy the experience. I reckon its the closest thing to driving a truck without a truck license

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
Ah yeah like mine, almost a d**k seat. Mine only has 2 belts though, mind you the Mq and the Gq are miles from each other. You could fit the lwb one I reckon if you wanted to, would only be another couple of bolt holes really or the Gq swb seats sell real cheap on ebay up your way ( $30 or so). I suppose its what you want to do with it.
Lol, they definitely are a penis extension. I get more looks in the Mq s**t box than I do in the loud exhaust low Ef. I think its the shear size and the fact the Mq is higher than almost all 4x4's on the road Ive come across. Its funny seeing the soccer Mum's in their Territory's and Rav 4's and also the tradies in their vans who normally push people around on the road. I dont know how much lift mine has but she only is on 31's and its windows are higher than most deliver trucks.
Great car's though. It dont matter how fast they go off the mark or the speed they can ( cant) do, you just get in and enjoy the experience. I reckon its the closest thing to driving a truck without a truck license

All I needs a turbo diesel

BF XR6

Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

More things to add to my list of bits is silver paint to redo the bottom colour after someone done s**t quarter chop on the rear.

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 8  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next