Fordmods Logo

BRY40L's garage. bf xr. 

Page 6 of 14 [ 208 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's bf xr
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

If anyone's after tickford head missing the rocker assembly in newcastle area pm me an offer. Sick of looking at the f**k thing.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

so the bf is back from the warranty repairs, the auto head light problem was the typical loose wire in the indicator stalk, the rear passenger doors locking actuator was replaced and the central locking button on my key was replaced as it had broken.
the mechanic told me the interior light problem was all in the icc settings and i recieved a phone call off dc_todd in the late arvo and he mentioned the icc can be turned into "police mode" or something which will make the interior light only work when the button is pushed under the stereo.

so im pretty happy with the car now, i also gave it a good run up the highway last weekend with 98 in the tank, it returned about 6.7L/100 on the trip computer with the cruise control on, it also made the car run alot smoother since doing this.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

over 1000km's to a tank at that rate.

could be a little better.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

I used to get just over 7L/100k with the BA while cruising at 100kph, so 6.7 isn't bad at all.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
I used to get just over 7L/100k with the BA while cruising at 100kph, so 6.7 isn't bad at all.
FordFairmont wrote:
over 1000km's to a tank at that rate.

could be a little better.

we will see how it goes when i head up the coast to my dads at the beginning of feb.

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:

I had a Tj Magna 3.5L that use to get 6.5 at 100 and 6.7 at 110, the Falcon is a larger car with an extra half a litre in engine size so thats impressive. If they are getting such great economy why have they got such a bad name for fuel economy? Does it suck the juice bad around town? Urban driving my Ef gets 12L/100, that I can understand to be a fair whack and worthy of a whinge if it was a new car.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:

I had a Tj Magna 3.5L that use to get 6.5 at 100 and 6.7 at 110, the Falcon is a larger car with an extra half a litre in engine size so thats impressive. If they are getting such great economy why have they got such a bad name for fuel economy? Does it suck the juice bad around town? Urban driving my Ef gets 12L/100, that I can understand to be a fair whack and worthy of a whinge if it was a new car.

i can get 12.5 around town but i do like to drive heavy on the right foot which drinks the fuel.

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

o.k thanks for the insight. The 12 my Ef gets is not pushing it either, I would hate to think what it would get if I had a heavier foot. Still what your getting is a fair consumption for what is a large family car. Obviously the general motoring public wants miracles, the larger the car and the more power generally will mean more fuel. Id personally rather those figures than drive a sardine can.

Id say open road with those figures you will be looking at around 800 to a full tank open road after you put into consideration acceleration, traffic, stopping etc. For me 800 is the number to aspire to in such a large car so its a shame the Falcon i6 is a dying breed. Id never believe the Commywhore figures of 1000, these companies always over exaggerate with these kind of figures.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
o.k thanks for the insight. The 12 my Ef gets is not pushing it either, I would hate to think what it would get if I had a heavier foot. Still what your getting is a fair consumption for what is a large family car. Obviously the general motoring public wants miracles, the larger the car and the more power generally will mean more fuel. Id personally rather those figures than drive a sardine can.

Id say open road with those figures you will be looking at around 800 to a full tank open road after you put into consideration acceleration, traffic, stopping etc. For me 800 is the number to aspire to in such a large car so its a shame the Falcon i6 is a dying breed. Id never believe the Commywhore figures of 1000, these companies always over exaggerate with these kind of figures.

i drive a hyundai i20 for work 12 hours a night so it really makes you love owning a big comfy falcon for on your days off.i cant imagine going from one small car into another. massive difference between the 2

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
79raven wrote:

i drive a hyundai i20 for work 12 hours a night so it really makes you love owning a big comfy falcon for on your days off.i cant imagine going from one small car into another. massive difference between the 2

A man needs his ball space. I know exactly what you mean. I have had plenty of small cars and actually chose a Falcon due to its roomy interior because I have a set of nuts the size of 2 ten pin balls :wink: The comfort is well worth the extra fuel consumption in my mind. Still a pity we lost you to the lure of a flashy new Falcon but atleast you didnt buy a Commodore like another un-named member on here, traitor :)

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

to the un-named " traitor" I was only poking fun by the way too

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Haha I think that traitor has gotten a short ban? All his posts seem to be invisible, yet people are using his quotes.

With my driving like a bit of a goose every now and then in the city, I'm returning an 11.6. I was getting 9.8 when I behave all fortnight, and I let little pieces of s**t flog it past me (so annoying cause I just wanna scream past them at WOT lol)

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Bloody hell we are all dropping like flies lately, didnt he just hit 1000 posts? Maybe I can get some commywhore jokes in while he is banned. No problem kicking a commywhore driver while his down.
Why are commodore's called clitoris cars? Because every C*** got one.

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

He didn't get banned He got fed up with the wankers on here and doesn't contribute to the forum any more. Which is sad because he's a top bloke

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Fair enough then.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 14  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next