Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 72 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el-ghia-gli-xr build**
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Mate if you are doubting playing with it do yourself a favour and f**k it off for something else before you chuck too much cash into it.
The E series nowdays unless it is a really special example is just an old s**t.
Tale a good AU for a drive. If you look at series 2 onwards they are just a much better car. Give away prices , parts are available , they handle pretty good and brake upgrades etc are cheap and easy.
I had a series 1 5.0 millions of years ago which I loved but went due to an idiot ex missus.
I didnt miss it for ages and was happy in an E series.
Then I took Daves TE50 for a decent drive.
I ended up with the AU ute which then my missus was getting around in.
Very soon after the EL XR8 was replaced with a Series 3 5.0 Ghia.
They are just chalk and cheese.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Mate if you are doubting playing with it do yourself a favour and f**k it off for something else before you chuck too much cash into it.
The E series nowdays unless it is a really special example is just an old s**t.
Tale a good AU for a drive. If you look at series 2 onwards they are just a much better car. Give away prices , parts are available , they handle pretty good and brake upgrades etc are cheap and easy.
I had a series 1 5.0 millions of years ago which I loved but went due to an idiot ex missus.
I didnt miss it for ages and was happy in an E series.
Then I took Daves TE50 for a decent drive.
I ended up with the AU ute which then my missus was getting around in.
Very soon after the EL XR8 was replaced with a Series 3 5.0 Ghia.
They are just chalk and cheese.

If I.get rid of this car, there wont be another falcon in my shed for a long time if I ever bothered buying one again, I know what you mean about the au coon, I drove a low km 5 speed sedan a few years back at the car yard I worked for, sure s**t all over my el I have now!

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
You might like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P52gGHPzSQ

then part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7yfm_KhKmU

Basically, imported a front of a vehicle into Aussie, bought a toyota cressida for the goodies to fit into and cost $2700 all up

Dragged it at WSID against a falcon in second episode and killed it.

Note: And i have the distinct inpression that the red falcon is a fordmods member

Lol, my mate had a fast cressi, was ghey because he had air bags in the rear

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
You might like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P52gGHPzSQ

then part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7yfm_KhKmU

Basically, imported a front of a vehicle into Aussie, bought a toyota cressida for the goodies to fit into and cost $2700 all up

Dragged it at WSID against a falcon in second episode and killed it.

Note: And i have the distinct inpression that the red falcon is a fordmods member

in all fairness the falcon was a n/a, probably a 15-16 sec worrior against a turbo cressida.. bang for buck the cressi wins..

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

if I had some spare cash id buy this for sure
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1999-Ford-Fa ... 564975674e

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
79raven wrote:
if I had some spare cash id buy this for sure
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1999-Ford-Fa ... 564975674e

I wouldnt. Series one has the weakest engine of the XR8s.

The standard AU V8 was 175kW.
The AU XR8 Series1 - 185kw to
AU XR8 Series2 - 200kw to
Au XR8 Series3 - 220kw and got modified cast iron GT40P'S

See
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11203667

If I had a full licence id buy an au xr8 right now, they are fair priced and arent such an old car, the te50 wins for looks tho, wish I could afford one of them. I wouldnt bother with a 6 cyl au for now. Havent looked at my mates little car, he wants to rip me off on the price, dropped 300 off the price for my brother and theres somthing hes hiding abput the car..

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Hey Bry if your main idea is to save money, I'd seriously consider some small jap car like a charade or excel or something similar.
Yeah they're heaps girly, and extremely slow, but the girlfriends excel gets 500-600km to a tank of 91, which costs about $40-$60 to fill up as an example...
They're usually pretty reliable and not that hard to work on either if stuff breaks and you know what you're doing (which you seem to have quite a bit of mechanical knowledge)
It all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want in a car I suppose as newish small cars can be had for almost peanuts these days!

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

lukeee wrote:
Hey Bry if your main idea is to save money, I'd seriously consider some small jap car like a charade or excel or something similar.
Yeah they're heaps girly, and extremely slow, but the girlfriends excel gets 500-600km to a tank of 91, which costs about $40-$60 to fill up as an example...
They're usually pretty reliable and not that hard to work on either if stuff breaks and you know what you're doing (which you seem to have quite a bit of mechanical knowledge)
It all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want in a car I suppose as newish small cars can be had for almost peanuts these days!

To add to this - When I borrowed my Mum's '91 Corolla 6A-FC 1.4L, I filled it up to thank her. Then I thought what an idiot I am when the total added up to $35 lol.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
lukeee wrote:

To add to this - When I borrowed my Mum's '91 Corolla 6A-FC 1.4L, I filled it up to thank her. Then I thought what an idiot I am when the total added up to $35 lol.

Been driving my brothers 90 model twin.cam carby roller today and I quite like it, would prefer injection model cars though,

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
There is an unplated VX SS in red on sale for $4999 in VIC though, 190k kms on the clock.

Paint in good condition.

Would be a good project. :lol:

to many projects,buy roller skates\double up as engine movers

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
There is an unplated VX SS in red on sale for $4999 in VIC though, 190k kms on the clock.

Paint in good condition.

I could actually get around by bmx bike at the moment, the bloke I get lifts to work with only lives 2km from my house, I was quite the bmx'er back when I was a youngen! Unfortunatly the mrs would disagree to owning a deadly tredly as the only way of transport lol

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
uniacidz wrote:

Paint in good condition.

I could actually get around by bmx bike at the moment, the bloke I get lifts to work with only lives 2km from my house, I was quite the bmx'er back when I was a youngen! Unfortunatly the mrs would disagree to owning a deadly tredly as the only way of transport lol

up the horse power-bmx with victa-brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
bry40l wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
uniacidz wrote:

Paint in good condition.

up the horse power-bmx with victa-brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

I bought a 3 cyl charade....it may aswell have a wipper snipper mounted in it lol, my mates mrs gave it to me for 300 with a month rego,needs 1 cv joint for rego and a few adjustments on the carby, turbo kits are cheap too!

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

So next month we can expect a video like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqB-7csefVc

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I put new plugs in this thing, needs an oil change and degrease, should be fine after that, it does skids...kinda :)

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 72 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next