Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 76 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el coon/charade b**ch magnet
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

been very motivated today, one of the rear drums were cracked and also was humming it also had pedal pulsing when i put the brakes on so i bought a new rda drum on ebay.
190+ free postage only to relise it was actually 2 drums i got, so i put them on just then and pressed the bearings in with the good ol hammer and punch, but one of the drums still making a humming noise as i drive, its no where near as bad but it only started after i put the new brake shoes on last week, ive backed both brake adjusters off as far as they go but its still there ever so slightly above 80 kms.

before i replaced the drums it was really loud so ive obviously done something right today, its not the bearings because my mate replaced them not long before i bought the car and i never touched them when i put the new shoes in the rear.

either way ive got the car going much better than when i first bought it so im happy

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

try the library,they have car manuals

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:

yeah id prefer to own one or download one because they wont let you borrow them for obvious reasons people get them greased up using them in the shed :lol:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
hans hartman wrote:

yeah id prefer to own one or download one because they wont let you borrow them for obvious reasons people get them greased up using them in the shed :lol:

can photo copy what you need and then grease it up

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
^ can always grease himself up as well. :shock:

always does,stops bleeding,the girly car will draw blood better than a vampire :lol: :lol:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
uniacidz wrote:

always does,stops bleeding,the girly car will draw blood better than a vampire :lol: :lol:

some red p platers laughed at me the other day because i was driving it and they were driving a standard ea with 16 inch mags, little do they realise what my other car is LOL. :P :lol: :D :twisted:

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
bry40l wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
uniacidz wrote:

some red p platers laughed at me the other day because i was driving it and they were driving a standard ea with 16 inch mags, little do they realise what my other car is LOL. :P :lol: :D :twisted:

My ex-flatmates car was a bright yellow 2001 Hyundai Accent auto with a barbie sticker on it and Princess Fairy hanging from the rear vision mirror. Used to love driving that car as i stuck to the speed limit and had one of the best air cons i have come across and zippy off the line.

Tis sold now, but yeh got laughs and whatnot. Most persons didnt laugh after i got them off the line :)

The charades not zippy off the line :(

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bought a new battery for the elcooni today, my other one was starting to die on cold mornings and if anyone can remember about 10 months back i only put in a BEST BUY battery from supercheap for $70, to get my car on the road as cheap as possible.

i kept the recipt but i decided not to get another one under warranty because its only going to let me down again in another 6 months when the weather turns cold. i will how ever swap it another day for a newby for the charade.

also bought a strawberry air freshner 3 pack for my 2 cars and the work car as my opposite worker smokes in the car with the air con on recirculate and i cant stand the f**k smell of the car anymore :roll:

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Change the battery under warranty man. You may need it someday and if not, seen em sell for like 40 bucks

I always have a spare battery. Saved me numerous times.

itl be in the charade

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

tickford head soaking in degreaser
full of "coffee" lol

Attachment:
3393_10151144645224144_738875087_n.jpg

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So new plans, ported tickford head, ticky cam or an ea mpfi cam from my mate, and a turbo drain put in the sump for later, will be probably selling the charade to my brother for what its cost me once im done with it. Ive gained interest again :)

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i have 2 cams laying around in my shed, 1 is a tickford and the other is a standard ef cam, how do i tell the difference in them so that i can get it cleaned up with the head? one has a "1" stamped on it and the other a "2" on it,

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

heads been moved from mums old garden shed to the father inlaws workshop where i live now, not really sure on what to do, theres a little bit of thought on getting a manifold and turbo made/ purchased soon along with other bits and bobs for when i get off my Ps so im thinking of just porting the head and running the standard ticky cam for now. ill change my mind nekk week as usual

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

clutch got too far buggered and was slipping third gear so out came the box on friday arvo, in went the new clutch and box on saturday, flywheel was fine and no machining needed to be done, i am so suprised at how much better a new clutch feels.

i had some issues of it still feeling like it was slipping but after driving it today the clutch feels much better, maybe it needed to wear in a little? now it runs great, no more vibrating on decel or in reverse letting the pedal out, also the gearbox has no shaft play at all which must be a good thing?

pretty good considering the box has done 190,000 now. wether its the original box or not is debatable though.
i have ghia wheels on it now off the spare car, but they need the clear peeled off and a repolish of the alloy, i quite like them wheels on the car.
also gave it a clay bar and polish with the buffer on one of my weekdays off work, car came up nice though the front bar could do with a spray badly. so anyone actually up to anything exciting lately? 8-)

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 76 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76