Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 4 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed, engines back in..
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

now im having problems where the car runs with the dizzy set to #1 spark plug with the motor tdc but it runs like a diesel and wont rev, only runs when the throtles on alittle bit and it seems to not rev above 500 rpm, and i cant get hold of a f**k timing light to see what the f**k going on

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

turn the dizzy anti clockwise about 5-10mm and see if it improves

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

now it wont start, it has fresh 98 octane in it aswell

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

now that ive gotten a timing light no 1 will help me turn the car over while i check it, i pulled the dizzy out tryed to line it up but now the dizzy wont slide back in anywhere

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:41 pm 

NSW, Australia

what you can do, when you slide the dizzy in and it wont go all the way in, put a socket on the crank bolt and rotate the engine while trying to put the rest of the way in..
the engine will rotate the dizzy gear untill the oil pump drive lines up, then it should drop the rest of the way in..

also if you have a factory lower section of the dizzy cap there is a start and finish line..
when you start to put it in the rotor should be inline with the start position, when it slots all the way in the rotor should line up with the finish mark, now provinding the engine is at tdc on compression stroke once the rotor is lined up with the finish mark it should start straight away...

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
what you can do, when you slide the dizzy in and it wont go all the way in, put a socket on the crank bolt and rotate the engine while trying to put the rest of the way in..
the engine will rotate the dizzy gear untill the oil pump drive lines up, then it should drop the rest of the way in..

also if you have a factory lower section of the dizzy cap there is a start and finish line..
when you start to put it in the rotor should be inline with the start position, when it slots all the way in the rotor should line up with the finish mark, now provinding the engine is at tdc on compression stroke once the rotor is lined up with the finish mark it should start straight away...

i figured this out myself got it in and now it has no spark, checked all the leads and they are all plugged in, i had spark last nite when i stuck the light on it today i dont, f**k MY LIFE! lol
engine just turns over and you can smell fuel, no spark, double checked everythings pluged in, i noticed somebodys broken the tfi module or whatever its called on the side of the dizzy, its plugged in but just one of the mounting screws has broken through the hole that the washer holds the tfi to the dizzy, this wouldnt affect it?
thanks

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed, engines back in.no spark...
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 pm 

NSW, Australia

yea if the tfi might be dead??? gee your not having much luck..

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

everything i got told would be hard was easy and everything that i know is easy and ive had practise on is hard hahaha, top bellhousing bolts,starter motor bolts, dropping the motor in was all piss easy, could of done it with my eyes closed, but putting the dizzy in=a**hole lol

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i had spark yesterday, i had it on the timing light, moved the dizzy, put it back on the light, nothing so packed up and called it a day, went out this morning the coil wire was lose, but ive taken it on and off a billion times i know its on there and all the plugs are on, just no spark, maybe the tfi is cracked from mums boyfriend trying to help me, is really rough with everything but people willing to help is hard to find

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

swapped the alternator on the ef with one i found in the back of the el, wasnt sure if it was any good but swapped it anyway, also swapped the computer in the ef with my old one, and it started straight away, even with no map sensor plugged in haha, car feels like its gained alot of torque with the computer swap and sounds much better, the old one was definatly flooding it,and the alternator charges .2 more volts than the old one so im a winner there, so now i have that car to drive round in for a few more days until the rego runs out:(

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

good to hear, im surprised you noticed a difference just swapping otherwise standard ecus.

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i think the other one was fried, when i first got the car i had issues of the car not starting when it was hot, it would just wind over then start to cough and start, it got worse to the point the car would wind for ever even when it was cold and then a puff of really dark smoke would come out as it fired, i just put it down to being thrashed haha, i always serviced it but i was always driving it in power mode and it would rev to 3000 each time i left the lights as im an impatiant person when it comes to traffic, but this other ecu has fixed it rite up, they are a different catch code though so they arent identicle ecu's

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

hahah put it down to being thrashed, man same thing here so many things i put down to that. Not all me, bastard mate that sold it to me did alot more then he lets on.

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the bloke who owned the car before me never drove it because he had a motorbike and a fourbie and also an ed xr6 in the shed as a project, but when he did drive it he always went flat out everywhere haha, so i drove it the same for a while after i bought it, then i started breaking s**t takeing corners on country roads on the speed limiter, or thereabouts(silly fuken P platers) so i settled down alot and brought it back to a little closer to roadworthy condition, then the panel damage hapend so its just a s**t now
i also did a bloody lot of driving on weekends on the highway

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

going to swap interiors with the monty today while the mrs is at work probably just the dash board garnish, and seats, mite put the trip computer in place so it doesnt look so budget pack inside lol will take a before and after shot of the inside

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 76  Next