Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 6 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed,up and running like a gem!
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:56 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 97 el ghia

NSW, Australia

i might be keen for the 3.45.01 lol depending how my alternator is going i might have a spare you can have

my build thread

the-garage-f53/maso-s-el-fairmont-ghia-build-t112744.html

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

maso1988 wrote:
i might be keen for the 3.45.01 lol depending how my alternator is going i might have a spare you can have

already have the old one off and switching it over with the one on my fairmont. it works fine, and im putting the dud one in the ef because i still move the car around the yard when its in the way etc, the dud alternator still seems to charge its just that when the cars idling it charges under 12 volts because the battery slowly drains, once reving the battery slowly charges back up haha

also started the car with no belt on for afew seconds and it seems that the whining noise has stopped which shows that one of the accessories on the motor is whining, hopefully the alternator was the bugger and when i put the other one in it will stop :?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 97 el ghia

NSW, Australia

check the power steering fluid bro might be that i filled mine up and it started to bubble lol like foam and s**t and then it settled mine was whinging like a b**ch.

my build thread

the-garage-f53/maso-s-el-fairmont-ghia-build-t112744.html

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it was empty because it came with my old motor off my old car,i topped it up as soon as it was put in this car, it turns out it was the alternator, i changed it and now im getting 14v charge constant and no whining noise :o
air box and thermos are now in and i took it for another hot lap up the street and back, brakes work accelorator works :) clutch works :twisted:
now i just need to put my black mirror on which was off the white car, i think it shouldve dried by now, ill have pics this arvo

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the car finaly decided to go into diag-spastic mode and i set the timing correctly, i connected the pins and it did nothing at all i waited almost 8 minutes, tryed it again, nothing! again nothing! and then i revved the car the last time and it went in after 2 minutes as it should, i adjusted it(wasent very far out at all) and left the timing light on it to see what happend when it stopped and went back to normal and it did this a few minutes after i had ajusted it, it doesnt feel any different to drive altho when it idled it had the od misfire you could only hear with your ear almost against the exhaust but it doesnt any more now everythings back on and i just need to change a globe and get tyres for it, i found one of my old mag wheels off the fairmont had a flat tyre which stopped me from putting them on the car, i only have 2 matching on the passenger side and 1 standard fairmont rim/ 1 "performance" brand on the driver side

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ive finished polishing the car now and put just about everything back on it but im really lazy with it now and cbf lol but i painted the grill today, the part that goes from left to right with the ford badge in the midle, it was fading out so i just rubbed it back and threw some black paint i had onto it, the same stuff i used on my white mirror, also put the serpentine belt cover onto it, i havent had a car with one of them still in good nick and on the car before, makes it look more modern 8-)
well over due for pics but i have no camera or decent phone :x

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Image Image Image Image Image

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed,new pictures
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just looked up the vin number on a website and i found
Primary Features
Build Date: 25.11.1996
Vehicle Line: Falcon
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Version: GLI
Engine: 4.0L SOHC EFI (MP) PTS
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transmission (T5)
Drive: RHD RWD
Emission: Australian Design Requirements
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"AUS"
Paint: Argon Silver

http://www.etis.ford.com

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it also said my car came out with pasenger air bag, but it doesnt have it :?

Broad Meadows (Australia)
With Driver Air Bag
With Passenger Air Bag
7.0 X 15" Alloy Wheels
With 4 Wheel Disc-Brake
For Unleaded Fuel
With Speed Control

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:49 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
it also said my car came out with pasenger air bag, but it doesnt have it :?

Broad Meadows (Australia)
With Driver Air Bag
With Passenger Air Bag
7.0 X 15" Alloy Wheels
With 4 Wheel Disc-Brake
For Unleaded Fuel
With Speed Control

Not the first person that has said that. You awake Matt?

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

no updates lately just probably going to get some second hand tyres, 4 for 160 fitted isnt too bad considering ill probably wear a few bak ones out trying to take off like the stig and i always get problems with my cars wearing the front tyres on the insides from either people not doing wheel alignments properly, or pot holes, not sure lol

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

getting 2 pretty much brand new yokohamas today for 40 bucks each, not sure how good yokohamas are but they are pretty much brand spankin new so im not complaining,

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

this is with the rims cleaned up and the new front tyres on, and the 2.5 inch exhaust off my other car, and the old car laying in the back yard lol
click to enlarge
ImageImageImageImage

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

security licence finaly got approved so now i need to get finger prints done, wait for them to clear that im not a thief /rapist/ serial killer, and ill be on my way to full time employment FINALLY, so i guess soon come the mods on the el, :twisted:

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

That 2 1/2 inch exhaust looks pretty good, chucking it in?

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 76  Next