Fordmods Logo

Corbin's ef xr6 turbo build 

Page 7 of 20 [ 297 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: Ef turbo build
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Well I have to wait till I'm off my p's . I've got 85% Of a turbo kit. Just need j3 chip and intercooler, piping, wastegate and bits n bobs lol

Its f**k how nsw isn't allow to drive turbo , v8 on p's but ACT is. I know it's a separate state but ffs it's in still in nsw . :twisted:

Yeah I started buying turbo bits when I was still on my P's. Better getting the stuff before hand slowly over time so that you don't blow your bank account in one go lol.

yer thats what ive been doing, its working out well. im not broke yet haah
hans hartman wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Well I have to wait till I'm off my p's . I've got 85% Of a turbo kit. Just need j3 chip and intercooler, piping, wastegate and bits n bobs lol

Its f**k how nsw isn't allow to drive turbo , v8 on p's but ACT is. I know it's a separate state but ffs it's in still in nsw . :twisted:

simple -move to act and give ranga a hard time.v8 twin turbo

ahah sounds like a good idea lol

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Sapphire

VIC, Australia

Sounds awesome mate. Good work!
Im in the middle of my turbo build and hoping i get some good results like you in a few weeks

'98 EL Turbo Falcon Sapphire
With custom everything..

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

RobDog wrote:
Sounds awesome mate. Good work!
Im in the middle of my turbo build and hoping i get some good results like you in a few weeks

Yeah I'm really happy with my car at the moment. Good luck with your build mate!

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
A T5 won't live long behind a ceremic/cushion button clutch.

I've had mine for like 2 years now, gearbox is still fine. Even with boost over the past couple of months theres been no issues..

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just an update:

Got the car mod plated today :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ok so ive found this intermittant rattle from the front end of my engine, usually only occurs once warm and after a mild boosting session (90 degrees or over) according to coolant temp on my hand controller and only on idle, when i give it a bit of revs even as low as 1100-1200 it goes away. Then sometimes comes back when it drops to idle. At first i thought it was my serpentine belt tensioner rattling, but after pulling the belt off and checking and spinning all the pulleys they seem perfect and silent..... so i put it all back together and started it up and got it warm. I tried using a screwdriver as a stethoscope to listen on various parts such as a/c compressor, belt tensioner, waterpump, timing case. I checked just about everything... it seems it might be an internal noise possibly from the timing chain?? It sounds exactly like when my old a/c compressor shat it self and the pulley was rattling but its definatly not coming from the a/c compressor this time.

Anyone had any similar problems to this and could shed some light as to what they think it is.... has really got me stumped.... :(

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

My factory 3.45:1 LSD is doing my car no justice at the moment. Doesn't reliably put power to both wheels when I need it.

Going to buy a lokka and put it in an open hemi diff and change the diff ratio back to 3.45:1 is it possible to use the diff gears out of the LSD into the STD diff as the guy who sells these reckon the lokka can't be installed in the LSD diff or should I just buy aftermarket diff gears? As I don't want to
Use the 3.08:1 ratio.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:14 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:
My factory 3.45:1 LSD is doing my car no justice at the moment. Doesn't reliably put power to both wheels when I need it.

Going to buy a lokka and put it in an open hemi diff and change the diff ratio back to 3.45:1 is it possible to use the diff gears out of the LSD into the STD diff as the guy who sells these reckon the lokka can't be installed in the LSD diff or should I just buy aftermarket diff gears? As I don't want to
Use the 3.08:1 ratio.

the locker will have to go into an open centre..but the 3.45 gears can be used..

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah that is probably what i will do. Ill be interested to see how noisey these are in operation. Ive been told they are quieter than other more common mechanical lockers.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:44 pm 

NSW, Australia

the spool type locker is quiet except for the tyre chirpin on tight turns, im in the process of getting a ratchet/ lockright locker, i know these click pretty loud when turning.. my lsd has lasted 2 years under harsh boost conditions, its still ok but i can feel it shuddering alittle now....

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the spool type locker is quiet except for the tyre chirpin on tight turns, im in the process of getting a ratchet/ lockright locker, i know these click pretty loud when turning.. my lsd has lasted 2 years under harsh boost conditions, its still ok but i can feel it shuddering alittle now....

Is "lockright" the same as "lokka" or are they 2 different brands?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:46 pm 

NSW, Australia

xr6_corbin wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

Is "lockright" the same as "lokka" or are they 2 different brands?

there are 2 types, a mini spool locker is a fully locked centre, allways locked.
a lockright locker is a mechanical locker, it has cogs that interlock under load and will ratchet when turning corners when not under load..

here is a pic of a lockright centre..
Attachment:
FILE0399.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah the one im getting is off 4wd systems.com The actual brand is called "lokka" im pretty sure. And the pic you have there looks almost exactly the same as the pic of it on their site. Its a fully automatic mechanical locker.

I would never put a minispool centre in my car lol. It would ruin my tyres and not to mention the annoying tyre chirping when cornering! haha

Mechanical lockers are legal right?

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

glad i have done a search on lokka's and found this, i just looked them up on ebay and i was wondering, will it break or will it break anything inside the diff? are they reliable and it says they make a noise when cornering, i wonder how loud it is? i would definatly get one of these over the minispool or lsd as it "shouldnt" fail like the ford lsd does after a few years of driving, and its not constantly locked to piss you off in daily driving like a minispool
hmm might have to speak to my 4wding mate as he installs them for a living, if i find any decent facts about it or things to beware of ill pop them up here

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

bry40l wrote:
glad i have done a search on lokka's and found this, i just looked them up on ebay and i was wondering, will it break or will it break anything inside the diff? are they reliable and it says they make a noise when cornering, i wonder how loud it is? i would definatly get one of these over the minispool or lsd as it "shouldnt" fail like the ford lsd does after a few years of driving, and its not constantly locked to piss you off in daily driving like a minispool
hmm might have to speak to my 4wding mate as he installs them for a living, if i find any decent facts about it or things to beware of ill pop them up here

Yeah well I heard alot of things about different sorts of lockers but lokka seems to be the most appealing as they use low profile teeth in the cam and side gears for quieter locking and unlocking operation and minimal backlash. And ofcourse the pricetag as they are about the cheapest mechanical locker money can buy.

I've emailed Tom at 4wd systems and told him I will order one. Just waiting on a reply atm.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 20  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next