Fordmods Logo

coreys el xr6 turbo 

Page 9 of 165 [ 2468 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 165  Next

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6 5 speed 157rwkw- BA intake on
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Ahh beautiful ! Thanks for the help :D
Ill send him a pm, for 50 bucks that's not bad at all !

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Yeah it's a good price, I couldnt find one anywhere else .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yep I sent him a PM before asking if I could grab one off him.
Also when you said you wanted a vernier cam gear, I bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330448968534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They don't have any more listed at the moment but you could get in contact with them to find out if they could get you one if you are interested.

Build Thread:

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Have u fitted it ? Any good , there's crow cam vernier gear on there ,
Vernier will be my next mod I think

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nah haven't fitted it yet, haven't had a good day yet to put it on. Ill let ya know how it goes when it's on. Yeah there are crow cams too, just opted for this as it was a bit cheaper and does the same job.

Build Thread:

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No worries let me know how it goes

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well i have this turbo kit which i was going to put on in a few years time, but decided i dont want it to go to waste so if all goes to plan its going on soon.

so while the turbo is not on a car, i decided to rebuild it, it has shaft play up down and side to side, then when i took the comprssor wheel off it had in an out movement. a rebuild kit was only $43 from the US. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT.

OIL LINES also purchased my oil feed off ebay for $18 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT

also buying the return from the same seller, just gotta find out the thread size, oh and my turbo is a HOLSET HX35W, it is on cummins diesel pick up, its an american turbo, and the diesel pickups run these on 35psi, its internally gated.

TURBO HOLSET HX35W. im running 8psi so with all the new internals its getting and running low boost it will last a while. its a bush bearing turbo also.google it if u wanna know more

DUMP PIPE : 3" 90* bends are only $15 the ill need a straight piece which might be $20, then im going to jb weld or araldite weld dump pipe together then take it to a exhaust shop get them to weld it up. i need my car alot so ill have to do things slowly.

ECU, FUEL SYSTEM i have a haltech e6x which i will be installing my self, i wont be conncting power to it or earth that way i can wire it up and still drive my car as it will have no power therefore doing nothing. im going piggy back, already have a 8 psi base tune, just need to find a good tuner around wollongong or sydney that knows how to tune a haltech.
i have siemens deka 60 lb injectors, and a bosh 044 pump, im going walbro 255 intank

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT

as i cant be bothered making the bosch fit out side walbro is a direct fit, then later on when i want a surge tank ill use the 044.

INTERCOOLING not going to intercool im connecting up directly to TB, because i dont want to cut holes in my body and its easier, once i have set up running ill look into W2A setup.

DRAIN FITTING ON SUMP ill be punching a hole using punches lol derr and then brazing my fitting on using a blowtorch from bunnings and a brazing kit, or i might silver solder. my fitting will be stainless steel,

aiming for 220 rwkw on 8psi, then when i upgrade the t5 ill run 12 psi, then when i do motor rebuild eventually 20psi +

this post was origianly about the turbo rebuild but got carried away lol

anyways enjoy.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

more pics

just waiting on circlip pliers so i can further take it apart. then give it all a clean up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6 157rwkw
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey dude I fitted the vernier cam gear and retarded it 2 degrees, I could definitely see the difference but I don't think it's timed right. But the power range did change a bit and put more power in the mid range, gona get it dyno tuned tomorrow so hopefully get some good results.

Build Thread:

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey mate
So is it hard to dial in? What revs did u set the cam to come in??
Im going to get one I'm just unsure if I make the cam come in earlier will I lose power up top. Or should I leave it how it is, I guess I can keep playing with the gear by adjusting it until I'm happy

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I ended up putting it in just as is and decided to retard it 2 degrees cause that's what wade cam suggested. Took the car for a dyno tune this morning and we advanced it 2 degrees and seems to enjoy that too ! So i spose its whatever works for you and the car you can always easily fiddle with it. I ended up making 137rwkw which I thought was a bit low, however after having a car for a month that hunted for idle, ran too rich and started to s**t me, I am now loving the car again. The power that it is able to put down is great and the power curve was nice and smooth across the whole range.

Build Thread:

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sweet sounds good, I'll be looking into one cos my torque curve dips down due to not having a vernier gear

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I saw that on your dyno print out there is a dip in power just a bit once that's fixed it will be a nice curve

Build Thread:

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah once the dip is gone it should be less laggy

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 97 EL XR6

VIC, Australia

Really nice XR mate. Have one just like it, its nice to see someone else taking care of their ride like that. Heres a couple of pics of mine.
Attachment:
11.jpg

Attachment:
3.jpg

Attachment:
1.jpg

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 165  [ 2468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 165  Next