Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 34 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

wild-el wrote:
so let me get this straight.... machine down the stub axle and modify the upright arm to fit au2 breaks or modify the upright arm on its own and run el gt rotors? but in doing one or the other the gt rotors are more expensive?

Correct el gt rotors are the best way to go to keep the offset, then you'd have to grind down the pointy things and make a bracket to get a au2 caliper on there .

Machining stub axle would be the harder way and probably more expensive in the end. Machining being expensive .

If we could just get el gt rotors for like $250 a set we'd we laughing lol
I swear eveything is easier with Holden , there brake upgrades you can get off a vn ss and it'll go straight on , it's cheap too .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

mate it would be even easier if we had a million dollars to do all the mods we wanted o the thing but we dont.i think there would be something we could do to the upright arm to make it like the el gt. i mean you'd be pretty lucky to find a smashed one thats for sure. then just pull them off and use them. was there any other e series that came out with the same size breaks we could look for like a top of the range ghia or something along those lines? dcstraight has them but i think he would of done it all him self....

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just el gt came with bigger brakes .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
mmmmmmmm twin pistons.

They aint all that. Especially when you press one piston down, the other one pops out. Thats about the only complaint i have bout em :P

But honestly, the XR6 i had stopped on a dime, was brilliant. Same pads im using on this machine.
Even cold they have great performance and no dust AT ALL. Ferodo Thermaquiet ($50 fronts, $50 rears)

If i wasnt to use these, i would be trying to use the Bendix CT with Stealth Tech. New enhancements, quieter and less dust apparently.

Im only saying this even with the XR6, was fantastic brakes. Get the right pads, wont need to spend a fortune on trying to do twin pistons and can spend the money instead on strippers

Who sells those?
I had Bendix GCT's and I am convinced they f**ked my Slotted Rotors.. They were great until that happened

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Examples
Ferodo
http://www.justquietly.com.au/

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FERODO-TQ-RE ... 256cbd235d

http://www.bendix.com.au/content/bendix ... general-ct

Basically buy for what the car is going to be used for. Track and street may require a different pad, but no one here has said they gonna use their car on the track and do lap after lap etc

Supercheap i know sells Bendix, Repco sells Ferodo but ask around. Also research and check other reviews/forums.

I used to be able to order Ferodo until the supplier introduced a $150 minimum order :?

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I may give these Ferodo a try , I have QFM remsa and they are street/track but they are more suited to track . Only stop when warmed up , don't even think about stopping when it's cold or in the rain lol

What rotors were u running uniacidz ?

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Is this the bendix ones ? No bedding in .
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewi ... 0678990967

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
I may give these Ferodo a try , I have QFM remsa and they are street/track but they are more suited to track . Only stop when warmed up , don't even think about stopping when it's cold or in the rain lol

ive had a set of pads like this, wouldnt stop in the rain or cold weather, f**k hated that car, changed my pads and it was fine lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Come to think of it I now remember putting the bendix ct pads on my pops f100 . And it pulled up great .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'm stuck on what to get . Feroda TQ is a good price. But wouldn't mind trying out the bendix .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahahaa all this talk about up grading breaks, its kinda pointless for me when i put some s**t break pads in the car.they cost me $40 dolars a set. thank f*ck my rims are black they get that much break dust on the rims that when i clean them i have to clean them again after 4 days.they make my rims look matte black if i dont wash it all off.

i think ill have to go and buy some decent breaks cos i believe these would be the first problem area.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

That's the good thing about black rims, can't see brake dust lol
I feel sorry for guys with chrome rims . My mate had them and was scrubbing the brake dust off for hours lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Looking on eBay at front bendix ct pads and it's cheaper to get them for a AU series 1 , which will fit ef/el . For $50 where as for ea-el it's $75 lol

I've found the cheapest bendix ct is the same price as the feroda/ ferodo ? It's ferodo on eBay lol
Rear bendix ct is around $50 so I'll probably go bendix when it's time for new pads

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i think ishould change mine soon i mean when i bought them the bloke told me not to tow with these pads so i dont think that was a good sign. i mean i dont tow any way but still

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Well i did a burnout and buggered the rear inner right pad. Dunno what pad installed

Feroda pads do burnouts well and haven't collapsed lol

That's how brake pads should be graded and chosen

Disclaimer - was done legally coff coff

i dont need to hold brakes :D

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 34 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next