Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 6 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

lol tried that didnt do much.will try again if doesnt work then dont know what to do with it

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Get under the steering column and have a look .
When it stops turning is it the ignition barrel locking or something else ??

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

it looks like something else.the bottom bearing thing moves up and down when i turn the steering

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well i finally changed my break light switch.couldnt believe it today i went to supercheap and asked the chick behind the counter if they do break switches for the el bcos i didnt see any around.she said we will have to order it in and said its $65 im like "f**k MEE!!!" she said yeah trust me go to bursons if we order it in it'll be from them any way.so i was on my way to bursons asked the lady and she said $15 and i told her the price in super cheap she said its unbelieveable she said they get there stuff from them then charge an extra 40 dollars on top.so heres what i learnt DONT GET ANYTHING FROM SUPER CHEAP UNLESS ITS ON SPEACIAL!!! its super expensive.

not long after i fitted my brake switch i went to go and pick up my pads and break pads.bought slotted and drilled front rotors and pads allround,will upload pics tomorrow when theres more lights.for some reason my rooted breaks braked better then these now do i need to bleed my brakes or some thingg??

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Yes mate u need to bleed the brakes

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah bed them properly probably just bleed them tomorrow.

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah ill give them abit more stress tomorrow to see if they set in if not will have to bleed em.and the pads came with some sort of stop squeek stuff where does that s**t go?

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
When my brakes went in, took a day to 'bed in' i guess. Thats slotted rotors and pads.

Now though, fantastic they are. Dunno why people complain bout E Series brakes and wanna upgrade to AU etc.

Decent pads and rotors should be fine.

You're not pushing the car hard enough then :P

I've had some brake fade issues before...worst times were all going downhill from Mt.Dandenong (for Vic members). arm79 probably knows first hand seeing as I was leading a pack of maniacs down the hill in darkness with heavy fog...brakes were fading and arm79 was all over my a*** telling me to hurry up. I admit...slotted rotors with good pads stop well enough for everyday driving, taking it down the mountain...totally different ball game.

Also Daniel, you don't HAVE to bleed the brakes after you replace pads and rotors, but it is recommended. Me being a tight a*** never did and haven't had any issues...I could be extremely lucky with my car though.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I know why you mean phong had afew maniacs behind me at one stage afew weeks ago gave me a head ache trying to pull up. Shook me like I was having a fit :P

But yeah I'm just confused my dad never bled brakes when he changed pads and rotors I just have to push far down to get it to stop. Does my head in. I mean thank F*ck the shudder is gone but still want to tap it to stop.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
Yeah I know why you mean phong had afew maniacs behind me at one stage afew weeks ago gave me a head ache trying to pull up. Shook me like I was having a fit :P

But yeah I'm just confused my dad never bled brakes when he changed pads and rotors I just have to push far down to get it to stop. Does my head in. I mean thank F*ck the shudder is gone but still want to tap it to stop.

Does the pedal touch the floor at all? My brakes are more progressive, tap it does nothing, slight push gives slight grip, if I want to stop on a dime I slam it hard and it works hard. Which I think is normal for the Fords...or I have major air pockets in my line. It's not like some small cars that I have driven, rest the foot on the brake and it does 80% braking...too me that's too sensitive.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
wild-el wrote:

Does the pedal touch the floor at all? My brakes are more progressive, tap it does nothing, slight push gives slight grip, if I want to stop on a dime I slam it hard and it works hard. Which I think is normal for the Fords...or I have major air pockets in my line. It's not like some small cars that I have driven, rest the foot on the brake and it does 80% braking...too me that's too sensitive.

lol yeah mine works the same as what you've just described, but for some reason when me and my mate changed my mums brakes hers went from like mine to touchy so i dont know i mean i like my breaks but they just dont feel right.probs bleed them.ive been to much of a tight a** gotta get the wallet out.and also are ultra lows the same height as the super super lows?

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
wild-el wrote:

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

decided i should post up pics of the slotted rotors and also sprayed calipers red whilst i was there thought i might need the extra 20kw ;) and whilest i was doing the back breaks changed the rear springs from pedders lows to king springs super super lows :) looks heaps better

brakes:

height before:

height after:

springs.red ones for sale in for sale section

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

What shocks are you running, for ultras in the rear it still seem to sit a little high. Did you make sure you undid your trailing arms and re tightened them at the new height? where abouts in crazyburn are you? i see it regularly im just off bridgewater road.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nar i didnt lol how do you do that ive even heard about that? yeah i thought it still sat abit high.shocks are standard ford ones lol need to change em starting to give me a head ache lol.

yeah i live just off bridgewater rd near axminster drive, but spend most of my time at my misses house which is just off hothlyn drive lol.well if your free you can show me how to reset them bcos ive never done it.what car do you drive? ive probably seen it.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 40  Next