Fordmods Logo

Deano's FG XT 

Page 11 of 17 [ 245 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Deano's FG XT
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Not when you've already got everything you need, plus you work for Ford so I've got access to a hoist and all the tools. So only extra cost will be for gearbox oil, and probably pay one of the other blokes to help me out on a weekend.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2009 Ford Falcon FG XT

VIC, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Sorry to say this mate, but my xt is do much more comfortable, sporty, fuel efficient, faster, safer etc than an au xr6. The only things I don't have from your list is manual and lsd, but that's both being changed in time.

Definitely agree with this, hit the nail on the head Kraze.

TheKrazeD wrote:
@ dean. It's very fiddly. Unless you get a short head unit you'll have to move it to some place other than tissue box holder. Mines currently in the center console. Was a passion *PAIN* in the a** to sort wiring paths etc

Ohh yeah I can imagine! Do you have any pics? I wanna check it out! Have you still got all the functionality of the Ford ICC?

My 2009 Ford Falcon FG XT

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

drewh wrote:
Your putting a manual in an FG?

Anything is possible, but wouldn't that be a rather expensive task?

im some what educated to compare the two, last car was an AUII XR6 and now I own an identical car to Krazed (Vixen "09 FG XT)... I wouldn't go back to an AU XR6 (manual, leather, VCT model, full aftermarket exhaust, etc, etc) after owning my FG XT (lowered, 300C wheels, apart from that dead stock), unless it was a turbo'ed AU XR6. The FG XT's, as Krazed already mentioned, are a much more comfortable and powerful car. With the added benefit of better fuel efficiency and in my case far better reliability.
My father still owns my old AU, so I got to drive it not so long ago, and don't get me wrong... I still get a thrill out of driving it (but not as much as his brand new GT R spec, but that's another story), but its just not the same league aye...

anyways, dean... have you lowered it yet? I believe my name was thrown around before by Krazed about my car height. I have SSL front and SSSL rear with Monroe GT Sports all round, on 300C 18" wheels. I would definitely recommend the GT Sports for anything SSL or lower, I believe it provides a noticeable improvement in ride comfort and handling. if you were just going SL (aka XR height), I would just get some XR springs and as far as im aware the shocks are all the same.
in terms of scrubbing out, I only bump on the most harsh speed bumps (and only if im being an idiot and don't slow down sufficiently) and scrape on really bad angled gutters (and again only if im not using sufficient caution).
The 18's fill out the guards nicely too... can supply a few photos if you want to have a look.

well that should be enough talking crap for one session...

ps the cars looking great :)

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:

anyways, dean... have you lowered it yet? I believe my name was thrown around before by Krazed about my car height. I have SSL front and SSSL rear with Monroe GT Sports all round, on 300C 18" wheels. I would definitely recommend the GT Sports for anything SSL or lower, I believe it provides a noticeable improvement in ride comfort and handling. if you were just going SL (aka XR height), I would just get some XR springs and as far as im aware the shocks are all the same.
in terms of scrubbing out, I only bump on the most harsh speed bumps (and only if im being an idiot and don't slow down sufficiently) and scrape on really bad angled gutters (and again only if im not using sufficient caution).
The 18's fill out the guards nicely too... can supply a few photos if you want to have a look.

well that should be enough talking crap for one session...

ps the cars looking great :)

Hey guys, heyFordAUte!

They arrived Wednesday! Now looking for a time/place to get it all installed and done!!
Went with the SSL option front and rear, with shocks and struts! I'm glad you say that it does actually provide a noticeable improvement in handling, because right now, my car handles like a boat to be honest!

Thanks that's reassuring! Does your car have mudflaps? Roughly how fast do you do over speedhumps out of curiosity!?

Thanks dude!! :D

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

that was the first modification I did to my car actually... removed the mud flap things, then removed all badges (except for the ford logos), then a growler intake, lowered and finally the 300C wheels.

well to be honest, late model falcons will almost always still feel 'boat' like. but at least mine now feels a little more sports boat, and a lot less cruiser boat. They are a heavy large sedan, so its fairly hard to avoid it.
though in saying this, im comparing it to my housemates cars (VY SS ute, WRX Impreza hatchback and an R33 GTR)... so I may be making it sound worse then it actually is lol

In regards to speed over speed bumps, I don't go much slower then normal really. though im kinda wreckless/naïve and do scrape/hit on the odd occasion. The worst situations are short harsh speed bumps, I find that when you drop off the far side of them that the car 'bounces' (for want of a better word) down onto the top of the speed bump; giving the trans a light thud. apart from that its never really a problem.
glad I don't have an XR front bar though, otherwise I would have torn it off a few times already.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Haha I want to remove the mud flaps, but the thing is that under the mud flaps, you can see an outline of where the mudflaps have been, not sure why - but the paint is like scraped off sorta, which is why I don't want to get rid of them :|

I know what you mean by the boat thing, and I agree, but I mean like, when I take quick turns, they are really really sloppy lol, like the car goes everywhere - more than any other car I've driven - even maybe the territory LOL - I've been told that my car may have higher springs on it because it was an ex-council country vehicle? not too sure but that may have something to do with it lol

hahaha okay that's fair enough then! shouldn't be a problem :D

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Could also be the bushes in the car are worn out the *sshole. mine handles like poo at the moment cause it needs new bushes all round.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Could also be the bushes in the car are worn out the *sshole. mine handles like poo at the moment cause it needs new bushes all round.

The bushes in the car?? What are they? Like what are they part of and how much to get new ones? Would replacing shocks, springs or struts fix it?

So your care also handles pretty bad Kraze? What do you experience?

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

regarding marks under the mudflaps, mine was the same. I just have to give them some extra attention when cleaning the car and they fade over time. I would suggest removing them to prevent further wear and eventual possibility of rust. The marks will never COMPLETELY disappear, but at least you wont end up with further issues.

yeah... stock they aren't a pretty car to drive 'spiritedly'. I noticed a massive change coming from an AUII XR6 ute, but what can you expect from a large family sedan with stock suspension weighing in at 1700kg. you can only do so much...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hrmm, in that case, if it gets less noticeable after time, I might remove them once I do my springs - but i'll see how I go.

Haha yeah I know what you mean! But really, I can't complain with my car - I really enjoy driving it, it's a nice drive

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ill have a quick squiz at my car in the light tomorrow and see if there is any marks left on it still... but if you weren't staring straight at it... you would never even notice.

oh don't get me wrong, they are a beautiful effortless car to drive. My room mate, the one that owns the R33 GTR, loves driving my car on the odd occasion just because it is boaty... bit of comfort never goes astray.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
ill have a quick squiz at my car in the light tomorrow and see if there is any marks left on it still... but if you weren't staring straight at it... you would never even notice.
quote]

Okay mad thanks! You think I should just take mine off?

FordAUte wrote:
oh don't get me wrong, they are a beautiful effortless car to drive. My room mate, the one that owns the R33 GTR, loves driving my car on the odd occasion just because it is boaty... bit of comfort never goes astray.

Haha true true, and the thing I love is that there is still some good performance to it too :D

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

So today I got my new Springs, shocks and struts installed!

King Springs SSL/Stage 3/Ultra Low Springs and Monroe GT Sport Lowered Struts & Shocks fitted to car! SL at the front, SSL at the back!

(My mates Ford Laser)

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:24 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU II XR6 UTE

thats what i like!

2001 AU II XR6 HP LIQUID SILVER UTE

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

They will settle even further another 10mm roughly. Looks the goods man, love a lowered falcon

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 17  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next