Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: EB Falcooon
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EB Ghia

VIC, Australia

My names Daniel and i'm new to the forum
I don't think my car is at all build thread worthy as of yet but because i'm bored i'm going to throw it up.
It had one previous owner, got it with the BA XR6 Copies. Hated them so much for some reason so i sold them.
This is only my daily to uni and back. Runs pretty sweet
Mods so far are
Ultras in rear with Monroes, supers in the front, 2 1/2" cat back, clear indicators, AU injectors, (noticeably made a difference top end) tinted windows, eb ghia interior, mont garnish and a s**t head unit with some speakers plus a sub. Oh also to make it a tad faster i put an EL XR6 rocker cover on ;)
As it sits today. I brought a full EB ghia interior on the weekend. Comfy as F**k compared to gli s**t

In the next couple of weeks i plan on
Color coding the door handles and mirrors.
Momo wheel
EL Ghia door trims with chrome door handles
977B and J3
New floor carpet
New head unit and front 6"s
Possibly might get some lowered Sports riders for the front to dump it a bit more
Possibly a stall as i don't want manual due to been male with no self control when approaching corners.
I'm also on the look our for a decent EL XR6 engine with complete serpentine setup.

When i brought it i had plans on turboing. Then i started school and ran out of money, got in trouble for hooning again so basically realised it's a bad idea. Also after watching my mate build his 351 XT i realised V8's are the go!!! Eb for daily then next year XR8, Sprint or GT for me.
Anyway that's about it cheers for reading.

Last edited by slammeb on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: EB Falcooon
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU falcon

VIC, Australia

Welcome to fordmods. It is a nice box car. Don't bother pouring money into this if your only going upgrade next year, you will never get your money back, put more away for the 8

Au factory 5sp, rolling on 20'z, full custom extractors, redback cat and back. has a new motors, only 27,000ks

Welcome to Toongabbie motorsports :P

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

DormanAU wrote:
Welcome to fordmods. It is a nice box car. Don't bother pouring money into this if your only going upgrade next year, you will never get your money back, put more away for the 8

Thanks and yeah true i've been thinking about that but i basically need something to do for now. I'm only planning on making it a bit nicer inside and lower front a bit more.
The bottom end has a slight knock on cold mornings so i want to get an EL motor, replace gaskets and cam it while i'm at it.
I have no aspirations to spend 30 grand on it and sell it for 8.
I'd rather spend 30 on a GT then 10 years later get it all back lol.

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Iv made the mistake opf spending to much on my au everything that's gone wrong iv upgraded, next year about this time I want to buy a brand new ss but don't want to sell the au cause iv made it mine, might use it for a daily as I do heaps of ks or use it for hillclimbs. Also building an oldschool panelvan with a v8.

Au factory 5sp, rolling on 20'z, full custom extractors, redback cat and back. has a new motors, only 27,000ks

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Iv made the mistake opf spending to much on my au everything that's gone wrong iv upgraded, next year about this time I want to buy a brand new ss but don't want to sell the au cause iv made it mine, might use it for a daily as I do heaps of ks or use it for hillclimbs. Also building an oldschool panelvan with a v8.

Your going to use an AU for hill climbing! lol mine can barely climb the drive way let alone a hill!
Also come on... an ss? This is ford mods lol na the new ones aren't to bad but i would never buy one.
What sort of pano is it?

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

A wb with a hx stato front so looks like a sandman. Will be my toy / show car. It's running a mild 253, built for cruising not speed

Iv done fair amount to the au so should do alright as a hill climb car.

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Interior looks pretty good for the money you paid, but why didn't you do a power window upgrade?

Get some leather conditioner into the seats & that will prolong their life a lot.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Sounds good Dorman and yeah i dunno i got bored and didn't have the electric windows. Got the door trims for nothing so i wasn't fussed at all. When i get some EL trims i'm going to pull it all out and do the lot properly. I'm not to fussed for the next couple of weeks.

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Lookin for a EB or ED fairmont

SA, Australia

hey man, welcome to fordmods
And must i say that im fair jelous, its sooo clean, and mint, the paint is perfect and its fukin dumped lol
I just miss mine soo much, dont hoon for the love of god, they will nab u hard core

Car got Crushed
R.I.P EB Fairmont 05/06/2010

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Crazy6ltr wrote:
hey man, welcome to fordmods
And must i say that im fair jelous, its sooo clean, and mint, the paint is perfect and its fukin dumped lol
I just miss mine soo much, dont hoon for the love of god, they will nab u hard core

Thanks mate! The paints in fairly awesome nick. It has a fairly few small shopping trolly dints on it but nothing noticeable unless you look hard. I've learnt my lesson on hooning you can trust me lol! Wanna tidy it up a bit more inside then dump it (more lol) and i'll be content.

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

That paint work does look neat for an old EB! I love the color too. :cool:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

torana guy that wouldnt have anthing to do with the car in your pic?

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

DormanAU wrote:
torana guy that wouldnt have anthing to do with the car in your pic?

Yeah man. But i also have 1 red & 1 white EB too! Both of them are Xr8's, 5spd's. The red one is getting fixed for my g/f, I'm not fond of the red but she loves it, the white one is a series 1 EB, a nicer white than the series 2, it's growing on me since I've had it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thought i'd update as i'm bored as tonight.
There will be a bit going on in the next week or so.
I brought myself a complete EB XR6 engine with Genie extractors.
Yesterday i stripped the engine down. I'm getting a serp setup off a member sent tomorrow hopefully.
I'll get the head shaved and checked out this week. Sent a cam off to get reground to a 977B with a 110 lobe separation on Friday so hopefully i'll have it all back by next weekend and put it together and possible change it over, then either a tune from CVE or a TI chip depending on my funds.
Pulled the rocker gear apart to add new shims, lost one doh! Gotta chase one up by its self now lol.
Hope the bottom end turns out alright! Head has not a drop of corrosion, is a bit burnt around the valves but should be good.
Also got some EL door handles which i'll be painting the in next couple of weeks.
The xr cam and rocker cover on ebay as i have an EL XR cover and i prefer the gasket better than the s**t ones on EBs.
Here's some pics.

Any one think i should get a dremel or something and smooth out the intake ports myself?

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I also forgot to undo the timing chain guide and snap!
Any advice on getting it out without taking the timing case right off and having to re set all the timing?
Is there a tutorial anywhere on here on doing it cause i can't find anything?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next