Fordmods Logo

EB II Slow Budget BuildUp 

Page 10 of 12 [ 176 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: EB II Slow Budget BuildUp
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

Ignition Coil, Dizzy, Plugs are all new and the Leads and fairly new so i hope neither of them are the issue

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:22 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

What leads you running?? Aint 9M Better for gas??

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

not too sure what size or whats better for gas ! They arent any bigger than the stock ones, the brand is "top gun" which i have heard are good ! on the box though they said they are for L.P.G Applications but havent had an issue till now !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

just finished building my amp rack, may not be the best but it is perfect for me and tuned out better than i thought ! Except when it came to making the last off cuts of Vinyl looks tidy ! I also tried to do this job without a staple gun but it just wasnt working, so i went to Home Hardware (to lazy to go to Cheaper Bunnings) and i bought my self a $30-$40 staple gun and it works a treat, best investment i have made ! It took to the 16mm MDF just fine .

By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/peaandham"]peaandham[/url], shot with [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=FinePix+A600&make=FUJIFILM"]FinePix A600[/url] at 2010-02-09

I am also thinking about some sound sensitive neons/l.e.d.s for the cabin floor and boot. I know its really ricer-ish but i really just want to get some more light in the car ! I was thinking about some courtesy foot lights (option with Fairmonts) so if that falls through its time to go to neons !

Also this is where i spend my 40Degree Days
By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/peaandham"]peaandham[/url], shot with [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=FinePix+A600&make=FUJIFILM"]FinePix A600[/url] at 2010-02-09

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Nice work man.

What spark gap are you running? I usually run 0.9mm instead of 1.0-1.1 and find the engine runs a lot better on LPG. I also run 8mm IC & E leads, i had heaps of problems with leads like champion, top gun & so on before i shelled out for the IC & E leads, about $130 iirc, and no issues since.

I've been spending some of these hots days in the driveway & shed working on the car's too....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Im not too sure i bought some and then a while after my mechanic changed them for god knows what reason !

I have performance issue with my Gas when a vaccum hose is off tap and now i think the recirc/fresh one is but i dont know where it is to fix/check it !

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BA MKII Fairlane GHIA

VIC, Australia

nice work on the amp rack mate...
btw when r u gonna swap amps with me this oa 801 is underpowering my sub to much

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Funny because my OA can push out 1.5kwrms at 1ohm and at 4ohms its capable of 950wrms and thats too much for my 2x400wrms Cheap Pioneer's ! also thats with the gains not even half way and the sub control on the headunit down low !

But i wouldnt trade it...........plenty of room for improvement, and it was a bargain at $320

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BA MKII Fairlane GHIA

VIC, Australia

nice well the 801 runs the sub well but i dont wanna push it because it is so underpowerd ive been told i have to get a dd amp...
what are your thoughts on the focal fronts , good quilty, price?, mid bass ?is it there?

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

I love my Focal's i have the 165v2's the difference between V1 and V2 is that the V2 is better for Midbass due to a better designed rubber for more excursion, and yes i do like the midbass thats comes with them and with the plywood baffle and dynamat it sounds nice. I remember when i first had my mate help me with the custom speaker install i was driving back from Flinders Street (40mins from my house) and i was happy with no even having my sub running (because i took the Mono Block out to reinstall at a later stage).

The only issue is that these Focal Polyglass tweeters sound very harsh at times !

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Looks pretty clean this thing. Hurry up and lower it :P

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Trust me i want to but not sure whether to keep it or not because paint needs work and no aircon !

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

peaandham wrote:
Trust me i want to but not sure whether to keep it or not because paint needs work and no aircon !

The aircon shouldn't be too expensive to fix up, but the paint work could be. I subscribe to the theory with cars, "better the devil you know(faults), than the devil you don't(getting another s/h car)".........

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Yea thats exactly right if i could fix the aircon for about $500 (which is no where near what i have been quoted, quotes were about $1500 might shop around) then i would probally want to keep the car because i like the colour and like ToranaGuy said i know what needs doing to my car. Also i have grown a custom to this thing !

Anyway today i went out and wired up some feet curtosy lights for the front floors but the Narva 10w Globes i used arent very bright (at day time anyway) so im thinking i wanna get some L.e.d's but im not sure what ones will fit in these globe holders. Autobarn or Ebay should have what im after might just look around ! (Also which way are the globe and globe holders meant to go into the slots ?

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

What needs replacing in the aircon? Most of the bits are not that hard to replace. The core in the dash is about $200, i had to replace that & the hose from the Tx that runs down the passenger side strut tower to the front of the car as it was leaking as well as the core. Replaced those, re gas & i've had great air con for the last 2 years.

If your core in the dash needs replacing, do the heater core at the same time, as the whole dash has to come out to do it!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 12  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next