EB II Slow Budget BuildUp 

Page 11 of 12 [ 176 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: EB II Slow Budget BuildUp
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

i was told that everything was shot and all needs replacing

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

peaandham wrote:
i was told that everything was shot and all needs replacing

Everything shot? Sounds a little hard to believe. Take it somewhere else, get them to do a "leak test". They put a dye in & turn the a/c on, you can find small leaks with a UV light, bad leaks will be able to be seen with a naked eye - it will leave a lot of dye at the leak.

I was quoted $1250 to replace the core in the dash & the hose that was leaking, then regas it. I ended up fixing it for a lot less once i had a leak test to show what was required.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

I was told everything needed replacing once they had done the leak test and when i didnt wanna pay so much to fix it they give me what i paid for the leak test back !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

peaandham wrote:
I was told everything needed replacing once they had done the leak test and when i didnt wanna pay so much to fix it they give me what i paid for the leak test back !

Even the compressor?

Did they show you around your engine bay with the UV light to show where all the leaks were?

The sum of everything except the compressor at trade prices shouldn't be more than half that. To replace the condensor core in the dash is a big job, dashboard out size job, but 2 people can do it fairly quickly. Did you get a quote on paper?

You could easily buy the parts & fit them all yourself, then take it in for another leak test, if no leaks get it gassed up, it's really not all that hard.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

They didnt show me the leaks but i assumed if they gave me my money back that were being honest, i was quoted about $1500 but didnt get it on paper, they said the compressor was the most expensive part !

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:09 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Also today i put an EF Console Lid into the Boxcar

Heres the result

By peaandham, shot with FinePix A600 at 2010-02-12

and heres how to do it

fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/ef-console-lid-into-eb-completed-t87840.html

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nice work on the console lid man, i just had a quick look over your doco.

Pitty they didn't tell you which components required replacement, as i highly doubt everything a/c related is stuffed. If i was you, i'd take it somewhere else, get a leak test & then a quote for the parts required. Then you can get the parts yourself & fit them up to get working a/c again.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Yea ill see what i can do about the Air con Thanks Torana Guy !

Update got some double sided tape to put a small section of my side mould back on the car and at the same time i used that tape to place a Ghia badge i pulled off a Laser at U Pull It to the dash !

By peaandham, shot with FinePix A600 at 2010-02-13

My Interior to date ! *Thinking of a new mod and open to suggestions*

My EB and Mums Partners POS EF Wagon !

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Np man. So that's what they look like with the dash plastics painted body color. Not bad at all!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Yea it would be better if Autobarn could colour match correctly !

Next mod if i buy it will be a stainless steel/aluminium air intake pipe !

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

peaandham wrote:
Yea it would be better if Autobarn could colour match correctly !

lol. That's why i go to a proper auto paint outlet for things like car paint. I've gotta pick myself up a can to match my EB Ghia soon, need to finish my sideskirt repair & start on the front bar. I've found i need to rub back, fix up cracks, and re prime, paint & clear my front bar (GT) roughly every 2 years to keep it from looking too shabby.

The paint joint in hoppers crossing can color match your paint & then put it into a spray can for you, makes touch up work like my front bar a lot easier, and you get a good result if your prep work is good enough.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Yea i think i might have a search around and sometime this week i should now be recieving this thanks to "EDXR6-Poly"

ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-ea-eb-ed-intake-pipe-upgrade-3-inch-t87882.html

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: au II ute, 63' xl falcon ute

VIC, Australia

Nice thread, its given me some inspiration to start doing some work to my ed haha

au II ute, cam, mild porting/xr6 head, headers and zorst

63' xl falcon ute, engineered 302w, cam, heads, straight gas, built c4, xp disc brake front, lotsa fun (:

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

I am wanting to do something with my interior but and cannot for the life of me decide what i want to do, i was thinking painting the center console and lid black, or spraying the green dash, orange ! Or better yet doing both !

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

In my Xr8, a EB series 1, the headlining is stuffed, so i'm removing it & swapping in a good series 2 item, which is a much lighter shade of grey. I'm not sure what it will turn out like, but if it's ok i might just leave it in there.

Have you thought about mixing & matching some of the s1 & s2 interia bits to create an effect? The carpet in the Xr8 is also pretty crappy, i was thinking about replacing it with s2 carpet, so light grey carpet & headlining, dark seats, door trims & dash. It might work. I'm thinking it will give a more roomy feel to the interia with some of it lighter.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 12  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next