Fordmods Logo

EBI347 build update??? 

Page 5 of 21 [ 303 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

Post subject: Re: xtt909 update???????
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Good luck with it all

Just dont destroy ur engine with some boost for a little extra power

U can always sell ur engine and start again

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Congrats on the two small pics and little write-up in this months Street Fords mag. Looks great.
Look forward to the upcoming full feature on it in the mag!!

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:39 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BLOWN 347 EB GT/ BF XR6 TURBO

Power: 345 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Congrats on the two small pics and little write-up in this months Street Fords mag. Looks great.
Look forward to the upcoming full feature on it in the mag!!

cool i know ay 8-) 8-)

MY CAR PLZ TAKE A LOOK forums/xtt909-update-t66227.html

DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DAZZLE, EBI347, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN ,SWC, XTT909

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XY Sedan, XB Coupe, EF Ghia

WA, Australia

Don't know how I missed this! I also saw your car in Streetfords 52 and was looking forward to the feature. Great car mate.

I've got a few questions after reading this quote from one of your posts.
XTT909 wrote:
...the hard bit is finding a decent irs as series ones are junk and the driveshafts are weak and the brakes are to small and rear toe rods and no longer avaialble and dont interchange with series 2 so find a series 2 or 3

I've got an AU XR6 IRS for my EF Ghia. Not sure what series it is. If it is a Series 1 is it able to be upgraded? Mine didn't come with brakes so I have to buy those anyway, and new driveshafts aren't hard, but the "rear toe rods", (I assume you mean rear tie rods), are they able to changed to Series 2 or 3?
What tail shaft do you use, E series or AU? Does the E series fuel tank need to be modified?

Any chance of doing that Technical Document of the IRS conversion if you are doing fully engineered conversions? I hope so.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited by Hoffa on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

so when is the street fords feature happing?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Issue 54 on sale 27/05/09. Congrats on the feature too Trent............well deserved!

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Post subject: Re: Re:
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Hoffa wrote:
Don't know how I missed this! I also saw your car in Streetfords 52 and was looking forward to the feature. Great car mate.

XTT909 wrote:
...the hard bit is finding a decent irs as series ones are junk and the driveshafts are weak and the brakes are to small and rear toe rods and no longer avaialble and dont interchange with series 2 so find a series 2 or 3

I've got an AU XR6 IRS for my EF Ghia. Not sure what series it is. If it is a Series 1 is it able to be upgraded? Mine didn't come with brakes so I have to buy those anyway, and new driveshafts aren't hard, but the "rear toe rods", (I assume you mean rear tie rods), are they able to changed to Series 2 or 3?
What tail shaft do you use, E series or AU? Does the E series fuel tank need to be modified?

Any chance of doing that Technical Document of the IRS conversion if you are doing fully engineered conversions? I hope so.

Cheers
Chris

yea maybe one day might do a doco just remember one thing that it adds 150kg to your weight which means you need and extra 95 hp to push the same car along at the same rate of acceleration as before the added weight... :evil:
and no you cant interchange the tierods..between series 1 and 2 and i call them toe rods for the rear as they just there for wheel alignment to adjust the toe ... the driveshafts are interchangeable but also remember the abs sensors will not work with early abs modules i think from el series 2 onwards they will as they run the same abs module as au but they early ones wont so a car with abs factory fitted as standard will not be legally be able to be registered with the abs not working thats why i done it in a eb seres one with out abs factory fitted there also other ADRS that need to be adressed to so plz consult your engineer before as there is in some states and issue with crash protection in these models thats the main reason ford did not put them in e series cars like they were supposed to in the fairlanes
The tailshafts are all the same best to use all alloy tailshaft in the 2.5" standard au models not the upgraded 3" one withthe step down as it fouls on the floor near the gearbox yoke

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

XTT909 wrote:
Hoffa wrote:

XTT909 wrote:

Cheers
Chris

yea maybe one day might do a doco just remember one thing that it adds 150kg to your weight which means you need and extra 95 hp to push the same car along at the same rate of acceleration as before the added weight... :evil:
and no you cant interchange the tierods..between series 1 and 2 and i call them toe rods for the rear as they just there for wheel alignment to adjust the toe ... the driveshafts are interchangeable but also remember the abs sensors will not work with early abs modules i think from el series 2 onwards they will as they run the same abs module as au but they early ones wont so a car with abs factory fitted as standard will not be legally be able to be registered with the abs not working thats why i done it in a eb seres one with out abs factory fitted there also other ADRS that need to be adressed to so plz consult your engineer before as there is in some states and issue with crash protection in these models thats the main reason ford did not put them in e series cars like they were supposed to in the fairlanes
The tailshafts are all the same best to use all alloy tailshaft in the 2.5" standard au models not the upgraded 3" one withthe step down as it fouls on the floor near the gearbox yoke

Thanks for the detailed reply mate.
Chris

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

XTT909 wrote:
...also remember the abs sensors will not work with early abs modules i think from el series 2 onwards they will as they run the same abs module as au but they early ones wont so a car with abs factory fitted as standard will not be legally be able to be registered with the abs not working

One last question, will an EL series 2 ABS module easily replace the ABS module in my series 2 EF, or will it need to be adapted/changed to make it work? (I wouldn't even know what an ABS module looked like, so sorry if its a stupid question).
Chris

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

No need to change the EF II ABS. My fronts use AU sensors for my brake upgrade, and they work
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:40 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
No need to change the EF II ABS. My fronts use AU sensors for my brake upgrade, and they work
Brett

Thanks Brett,
Chris

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Hoffa wrote:
XTT909 wrote:
...also remember the abs sensors will not work with early abs modules i think from el series 2 onwards they will as they run the same abs module as au but they early ones wont so a car with abs factory fitted as standard will not be legally be able to be registered with the abs not working

One last question, will an EL series 2 ABS module easily replace the ABS module in my series 2 EF, or will it need to be adapted/changed to make it work? (I wouldn't even know what an ABS module looked like, so sorry if its a stupid question).
Chris

ITS NOT THE SENSORS IT THE ABS RING ON THE REAR DRIVESHAFTS... THE SENSORS ARE ALL THE SAME I SHOLUD HAVE SAID THE RINGS NOT SENSORS I THINK FROM MEMORY THE SERIES 1 AU RINGS ARE DIFFERENT AND THE SERIES 2 WILL WORK JUST HAVE TO TRY AS THE REAR RINGS HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF TEETH AS THE FRONTS THEY NEED TO GENERATE THE SAME SIZE SQUARE WAVE SIGNAL TO THE ABS MODULE ALL YOU CAN DO IS TRY THEM
IF THEY WORK THEY WORK??
IF YOU LOOK AT THE SERIES ONE AND 2 DRIVESHAFTS THEY ARE PHYISCALY DIFFERANT ABS RINGS I THINK SERIES 2 ARE THE SAME STYLE AS ORIGNAL E SERIES

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I need to clarify, my front brakes run an ABS Ring for an AU( not sure if it is series 1 or 2), but i needed the AU sensors as they are longer than the E series and needed to be closer to the ring for the signal to work.
Cheers
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Cool, so when I do the IRS conversion I have some shopping to do :lol:

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

some pics of getting the car and boot retrimmed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 21  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next