ED build up - In memory of Tim 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: ED build up - In memory of Tim
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:03 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

hey guys, thought ill post the build list of my ED
It started out about 10yrs ago with a mate of mine Tim buying a Magenta ED, i owned a 5ltr vn ss and we both set about modifying our cars, i wont go into the details of the ss it was a waste of time, but tim ended up with a ported and polished 91aa head chiptorque hp4 chip and their custom cam, pacey 4499 and 3" exhaust shift kitted auto 2200rpm stally 3.9 diff gears and mini-spool to name but a few of the extensive mods, the pink ED was unstoppable running a best of 14.10, unfortunately 8yrs of abuse left the body looking worst for wear and the ED was taken of the road for retirement, not long after tim died in a motorbike accident, just recently his mum contacted me and asked if i would like the car, i accepted and i went about finding a tidy car to fit the go-fast parts into,
I managed to find a Very low Km' (168k) ED gli in red and have spent the last few nights in the shed,
Man what a difference the parts make, the once athsmatic Gli is almost ready to skid again,ill post some pics soon and video of the exhaust note, sounds old school lumpy, maybe even some skids
any way thanks for reading

A friend will bail you out of jail, a mate sits beside and says "oh s**t what have we done now"
Tip for beginners, the coppa doesnt think its funny when you ask him to put your hooning fine on your spers account.

Post subject: Re: ED build up - In memory of Tim
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Seems like a nice gesture to me. Put a sticker on the back window stating in memory of Tim, but not too big.

Once it's done get a few pics & submit it to readers car's in Street Machine if you know a few ppl who read it, hopefully it will make the grade & get published. :cool:

I can't wait for pics. Just do the skids on private property. ;)

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

Honest to god serious question.....Is a stand still in my drive way legal???
(any popo reading i have not now nore will i do one)
And yeah for sure cant wait for the pics, should get some of you building in stages

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Shouldn't be for the burnout itself, but maybe for noise pollution or general disturbing the peace? I'm not a lawyer so this isn't advise or gospel, but something i was advised by a copper after i did a burnout in my own driveway. :mrgreen:

Funny thing was i had a couple neighbors egging me to do it for a laugh, and the cops just happened to be driving past while i was doing something stupid. They checked all our ID's to verify we were neighbors & then warned me not to do it again. :oops:

I guess it really depends on how far the new "anti hoon" laws in regards to improper use of a motor vehicle go, do they apply on private property? If they do, the summernats burnout comp is dead. :cry:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

NOOOO!!! Not the burnout comps, :cry: i swear any more restrictions, and there will be an up rising! :twisted: But yeah sounds lke the go, noise pollution and stuff....screw that :evil: they'll take my baby under those laws. Tires cost to much any way, id rather spend the money on an oil change :wink: or WOODSTOCK :P

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 98 EL xr8

QLD, Australia

sounds very good mate..

RIP TIM..

i also am a victim of a motorcycle accedent.. and i think what you are doing is such a great thing...

its the australian way..

cant wait for pics mate.. :)

NO longer own a car... but my work ute is a falcon..

current rides
Harley Fatboy 05
Custom shadow 07
Sportster 02

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Ford Falcon XG

VIC, Australia

yer its a good initiative mate will be watching with interest.

Cheers
Dan

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

its good that you are doing this (R.I.P. Tim) will be watching in interest as this is the first one i have stubled across with someone doing something for their best mate

BANNED USER

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

thanks guys, spent a bit more time on the car today, rebuilt the diff and fitted it up, gotta love the mini spool, also fitted a set of king springs ssl's, didnt get around to fitting the fronts so now has a real low rider look

A friend will bail you out of jail, a mate sits beside and says "oh s**t what have we done now"
Tip for beginners, the coppa doesnt think its funny when you ask him to put your hooning fine on your spers account.

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hay bud i dont wanna put you down but spools are dumb, there is a really good link on here describing the type of diffs i cant find it but it explains why spools are bad for you. But its your wheels and if your happy ROCK ON!

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

only went mini spool cause it was there, only down side to minispools is trying to go around a roundabout in the wet other then that it makes parking really easy, just aim and shoot 90deg parks in a flash,
brought a thermo switch for the fans today, quoted $80 from auto elect for parts only, found exact kit on flea bay for $35, ebay- finally good for something,
ssl front springs fitted, hoodlining out for re-trim,
pics soon

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hay man, were you getting a hood lining from?

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:32 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

fitted ef door cards tonight, only gli ones but will re-trim the cloth inserts when i decide on a colour, im thinking either the ba xr series black/grey or black/red, the tyre mark pattern, also scored a dc ltd leather wrapped centre console from the wreckers, never seen one till now, quite happy with the look,, also fitted a set of velour sun visors, been a bit slack with the camera, ive posted some pics of the car before the front springs were fitted, will be fitting fuel pressure reg and injectors this weekend, and soldering in the shift kit, will be interesting to see how the box handles beening shift kitted mechanicly and electronically, sold the paceys so will have to pull my finger out and weld up a turbo manifold,

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:43 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... 1274448923
before front springs
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... 1274448923
simple filter fittment, only temp tho
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... 1274449323
bye bye paceys

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ef falcon

QLD, Australia

hey bloke,

i like what your doing in memory for your mate Tim
a true Australian an a true friend

Am keen an interested to see what you finally come up with Ed

Dan

OP20 falcons- legaly harrased falcon!!